main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Good PS2 Package for Xmas

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kai_Halicon, Nov 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Just saw in the local fliers today that Noel Leeming is doing a great pricing package for the Playstation 2.

For $549.95 you get:

- PS2 console
    - Dual shock controllers x 2
    - Gran Turismo A-Spec
    - Tekken Tag Tournament
    - Spider Man DVD

Great pricing considering the console and one controller alone are usually $499 or close.

I'm off to get one when they become available on the 29th (tomorrow) but I rung around today and stocks are limited so be in quick!

Hmmm....Maybe I should think about getting a tv that is larger than a 14" screen...

EDIT - Cleared up my crappy spellin' :p

2. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

There's quite a few package deals around at the moment - mainly 29" TV sets with bonuses like DVD players, video players, cabinets, microwaves, etc., but the prices are about $1999+. :(

3. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    well ill be getting that over the 500 dollar standard package if i get 500 for my paper tips like last year ill just borrow 50 to tmake up the rest

4. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    You're better off investing in an X-Box, seriously.

5. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...!!! :D

To use the current expression: "Xbox SUCKS bigtime!!! It's Microsoft for a start! :p

If you MUST get a silly games console, go with either PlayStation 2 (which also plays older/cheaper Playstation/PSOne games) or the GameCube (which now has an attachment to let you play GameBoy cartridges as well). :)

6. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I'm with Buzz on this one. The fact that you have to get attachments to play DVD's on the X-Box does not count in its favour.

Went and got the afformentioned PS2 package today - good value I thought. I ended up buying a memory card and got a 15% discount cos my place of work is only five minutes down the road from Noel Leeming in Wairau Park.

*sigh* I am just too cool sometimes.

I think the cute sales attendant was flirting with me as well - either that or she liked asking me detailed questions about what i was doing that weekend and was quite persistant about getting my contact details - for "warranty purposes".....

:D

Meh. Maybe I'm reading too deeply into it.....

..... or maybe I'm getting better at passive persuasion through the Force.....

;)

I can see what i'll be doing this weekend. First stop tonight is the video store and a copy of The Two Towers game.

7. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I don't know about Noel Lemmings, but Harvey Morons add your name and address to their database whenever you buy anything - no idea what for, could be junk mail, but we moved not long after that. :)

They just did an inteview on What Now TV with some of the fools at Bayswater Primary about game consoles. They must breed them dumb over in Devonport - most of them had PSOne consoles, but would like to get a hopeless Xbox. [face_plain]

The Warehouse have got a 21" / 51cm Sanyo flat screen TV (with remote) for $499.99 in their latest junk mail. :)

8. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    well only 3 reasons im getting a ps2 large game libary all ps1 games and ps2. dvd stright outa box and old ps1 controllers work in it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.