main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Good reason as to why Qui-Gon didn't vanish when he died.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Shadowknight1, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUEEN_LEIA

QUEEN_LEIA Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Sorry about that,here we go...

Luca() didn't fit the disappearing into the scene in TPM because he needed all his character to mourn someone while the Jedi comtemplate the mystery of the Sith. The problem with this is it get fans asking "why didn't Qui-Gon disappear like OB1 and Yoda. I personally think Luca() said screw it, if I can get away with Anakin not disappearing once I can get away with it again just as long as I have my mourn scene.

2. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    So, at what point does that become a plot hole?

3. Darth_Hawkeye

Darth_Hawkeye Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    All three Jedi who disappear (Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin) died in the presence of Luke Skywalker.

In think Luke, as the son of the Chosen One, or perhaps the Chosen One himself, had the unique quality of being able to absorb the power of other Jedi.

Absorbing Obi-Wan's power gave him the ability to destroy the Death Star. Absorbing Yoda's power gave him the ability to defeat Vader. Absorbing Anakin's power gave him the ability to build a new Jedi Order.

Obi-Wan knew this. That's what he was trying to say with the whole "strike me down, I will become more powerful" thing.

Yoda knew it too. That's why he waited until Luke came back to Dagobah before he died.

No other Jedi ever died in the presense of Luke, so they didn't disappear.

I don't know how the whole Qui-Gon voice-Tusken slaughter would fit into this theory, though. Meditate more on this, I will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.