main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Good Star Wars stores in Orlando !

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by plo_koon_from_Dorin, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plo_koon_from_Dorin

plo_koon_from_Dorin Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2003
    Hello everybody !
    I'm from Belgium and one of my friend is going to Orlando on october.
    I wish to ask you some good adresses in Orlando to buy Star Wars stuff and, in particular, we are looking for the Plo Koon Deluxe mask...

You can send here everything (postal address, mail, internet site,...)

Thanks for your help !

See you.

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I don't think there's anyplace around that sells the deluxe masks. You may have to get that on-line.

3. plo_koon_from_Dorin

Jun 25, 2003
    :-(

sure ? any other place not too far from Orlando maybe ?... Or , at last, a store I can phone to order one mask so that it will be available in october when my friend goes there ?...

please...say yes !...

anyway, thanks for your reply Q99213

4. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    From Belgium? Believe it or not, I was actually born in Brussels. My birth certificate is even in French (though I do have a certificate of birth abroad from the US Consulate Office). What a small world.

I don't know about the mask issue, but if you go to Disney MGM Studios, they have an entire shop there dedicated to Star Wars stuff, "Tatooine Traders." Shirts, figures, key rings, pins, busts, hats, etc. It's not a huge store or anything, but they do have items that other places like Toys "R" Us and FAO do not have.

Besides that, though, there really is no place that sells a vast array of Star Wars items. You can find the Hasbro figures everywhere, of course, but your best bet would be Tatooine Traders at Disney MGM Studios.

Maybe someone else can provide more information or even another store that I can't think of.

Hope this helped at least a little.

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

5. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    The disney store at Down Town Disney is a good place and you wouldn't have to go to MGM.

Other than that...maybe Sci Fi City on HW 50?

6. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Sci-Fi City is not a bad idea; I had completely forgotten about it. I have not been there in awhile, but it would be a good place to check into.

The information is as follows:

Sci-Fi City
    6006 East Colonial Dr.
    Orlando, FL 32807

Their telephone number is: 407-282-2292.

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

7. plo_koon_from_Dorin

Jun 25, 2003
    Thank you very much guys !
    I'll try to find email addresses of those shops and send them a mail to have more informations. Don't hesitate to tell me if you find again other interresting places.

Thanks again.

8. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Is the Disney Store in Downtown Disney comparable to Tatooine Traders? There were some things at MGM I wanted to get but couldn't and I really don't want to buy a park ticket just to go spend more money shopping :p

Sorry 'bout the thread hijack :)

9. Jorda_Fett

Jorda_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    if u r still looking for the mask this is a great site
    http://www.hollywood-costumes.com/cgi-bin/store/perlshop.cgi?action=ENTER&thispage=hollywood-starwars.htm&ORDER_ID=!ORDERID!

it has the Plokoon mask

10. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Q99213, I'm pretty sure you mean the Hasbro store at Downtown Disney called Once Upon a Toy. Just clarifying for those that might think it was like all the other Disney Stores, like in the malls.

Once Upon a Toy is a product of Disney's relatively new relationship with Hasbro, after parting with long-time Hasbro-rival, Mattel. It sells only Hasbro and Hasbro-related products, so it's a good stop for the collector.

I can find most of what I want in OUaT because I'm looking for 3¾" figures (like the Star Tours line) and the Playskool items, but you won't find t-shirts, key-rings, shot glasses, etc., that you can only get in Tatooine Traders. Oddly, you will find the Indiana Jones toys in OUaT that are not made by Hasbro (it's not listed, but most think these are Applause products) and are also sold at MGM.

-Campbell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.