main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Good Stuff

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by xdarthsmithiousx, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    Why have the last six months been so awesome for movies?? Walk The Line,Narnia, King Kong, Memoirs Of A Geisha, and now Tristan And Isolde and Underworld 2. Life is good...

2. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    and clerks 2 will be out this year...

life is good, indeed.

3. Cruzer_Fett

Cruzer_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    We are looking forward to XMen III and Pirates of the Carribean II, and I'm eagerly anticipating The DaVinci Code.

4. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    I would definately agree with Cruzer, minus the Da Vinci Code

5. Rurouni_Botosai

Rurouni_Botosai Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    So who is up for the X-men and Pirates promos. And any ideas on characters.
    I figured I would be Pyro in X-men and Jack in Pirates.

6. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    Rogue for X3 and Elizabeth for Pirates, if we do them. I would like someone to let me know for certain because I don't want to start compiling costumes unnecessarily.

7. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    I am definately down for X-3. I am cool with being any character, cyclops, gambit(not in the movie, but who cares, it'd be fun), or anyone else. Pirates I'd like to do, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to, we'll see.

8. Rurouni_Botosai

Rurouni_Botosai Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    I ve got a great idea if you want to be wolverine jerry.

9. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    The Crazy Old Wizard is in for both. Pirates would be Barbosa sp? and I'm not sure who it was in X-men. I must admit that I have 1) never read the comics, 2) never saw the movies, and 3) only saw the cartoon that was on a few years ago. What can I say, I am a child of D.C. and cut my teeth on Superman, Supergirl, and Batman along with the Justice League, etc...

Now if anyone wanted to do DeadMan, or Metal Men I would be right there in front.

10. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    i loved the cartoon, that's what got me into X-Men. i think i was about 11, so my brother was about 8, and my sister about 4, and we would have some good-ole playtimes, let me tell you.

you should consider watching X1.5 and X2, i have them both if you'd like to borrow. completely different feel from the cartoon and comics, but good movies.

i liked the older uncanny x-men comics, the ones with like colossus, shadowcat, angel, etc. interesting stories.

11. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Thanks, I would like to borrow them to watch. Barry had seen them when released but would like to take another look also.

We just finished watching Elizabeth. I found it today at Costco for $8.00 so had to make it mine. Barry had never seen it before but he enjoyed it even if I did point out all the ruffled collars. And of course I like to match what is in the movies with what I know of history. It does a good job.

I also saw Velvet Goldmine the other day for the first time. I enjoyed it but see no reason for Master Yoda to have gotten his panties in a bunch. Made me think of Jim Morrison. Ahhh Glitter Pop of the 1970's. I can still remember the first time I saw David Bowie on an album cover in make-up......

12. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    David Bowie is hot, to this day.

13. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    I'd be down to play Wolverine, sign me up. I grew up on the X Men Comics, I especially loved both Wolverine and Gambit. The cartoon is the best cartoon ever made in my opinion. Good Characters. Both movies are great, the 2nd one stepped it up a huge step over the first though. Jean Grey(in the movies),....oooooh lala.

14. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    It has been decided that Sid'ious will play Jack, the monkey, for Pirates. He's got the tail.:D

15. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Jean Grey... uh huh. That's Famke Janssen, I think she is the most sttractive woman on the planet. No foolin'.[face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.