main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Good SW buys in MN or on-line

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Salacious_Crummy, Dec 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    This thread was sort of an accidental double post, but I've decided to try to turn it into something useful. Alerting each other to good SW buys or where people have found new or hard to find things (at least hard to find locally).

1. The Lego Trade Federation Tank w/battledroids is on sale this week at Target. I believe its $15. Anyway, its in the add. They have many of the new Lego items there now.

2. I went to Wal-Mart last week to see if they had any good SW stuff that I hadn't seen before. As Christmas present to myself I bought a 12" Mace Windu figure and a regular size Jek Porkins action-figure (he's the fat X-wing pilot seen in ANH).

That's my finds/buys for now.

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    He is NOT fat! He is a person of size.

3. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    I normally wouldn't have said the "fat" part, but I didn't feel like typing out anything longer than that.

4. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Normally I would have said "heavy-set". Plus, this way, I've got two more posts out of it.

5. RogueNine

RogueNine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    Jek Porkins is big-boned, or husky. And in dire need of a shave.

6. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Pilots shouldn't have beards. Not only are they unsightly, they are a fire hazard. What if a fire breaks out in the cockpit and then his super-flamable beard catches of fire? Stinky smell of burnt hair hanging in the air AND facial burns. Hard to crash land an X-wing when there is fire in your eyes.

7. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    I guess the walmart website is having a huge lego sale. Even the x-wing and Tie-Intercepter is on sale. Almost 50% off.
    Check it out!

JediLars

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, If you want to be able to drink free coffe and get practically any SW comic, go to MediaPlay here in St. Cloud.

9. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Amazon.com now has an outlet page on their site. There are a ton of Ep I figures for 1.97 along with other SW micromachines and Amidala dolls for dirt cheap.

JediGal: Interactive Yoda is $10!

10. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey all, Kbkids online has the 300th boba fett for $9.99 plus shipping. check it out!

JediLars

www.kbkids.com

11. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    I tried to order and they are already out of stock! Can you believe it? I did find other ways to waste my money there though. Next time I will not wait five hours.

12. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    I found the wave of figures with General Leia and Constipated, I mean Moisture Farmer Disguise Qui-Gon Ginn at Target about a week ago. I picked up the Leia, carded Sebulba, and the generic Gungan Warrior there. I passed on the Qui-Gon.

I hear the new wave is out now in some places and may be out already here! Keep your eyes open. Stores are increasing how much of the POTJ line they are carrying.

13. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    If anyone sees any 12 inch bounty hunters, please please please let me know. I've been going nuts trying to find them.

14. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    A superstar has secured 4-LOM for me. (thank you thank you thank you thank you)

I'm still on the look out for IG-88 and Bossk.

15. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Mary Catherine Gallagher? Wow, you gots some connections, Femme!

16. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Well, by the time I got my order placed on Amazon.com last week they had already stopped taking orders on a lot of the cool items. It's probably a good thing, b/c I spent too much as it is. I had been meaning to order a book from them that the stores have been out of stock of on the shelf, but I hate just order ONE item, with the shipping costs, so I kept waiting until I thought I needed something else. When Erica posted the SW toys sale, that was it.

They have shipped my items in three separate packages, and I got the first one yesterday. In the box yesterday I got three Ep1 figures (Sen. Palatine, Watto, and dorky Ric Olie), the podracer launcher from Micromachines, and the chip reader. I was very glad to see the chip reader on sale, b/c I had an attitude problem with the damn thing. I didn't want to pay the regular price, and I was grumbly about them putting the chips in with the action figures to begin with. I hate marketers and their gimmicks. Well designed strategies to separate me from my hard-earned (don't laugh) cash.

I can't wait for the rest of my items. Especially interactive Yoda!!!!!

17. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    I was just at the MOA this weekend and Kay-bee had the new figures and lots of the original ep1 on sale - 1.99 and a few of the bigger 12" and some of the multi charachter sets on sale. Good Shopping
    MTFBWY
    reb

18. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Ooh, I'll have to check out that K.B.

By the way, I don't know if it applies to all of there stores or not, but the Woodbury Barnes & Noble had the new hardcover "Darth Maul:Shadow Hunter" for 40% off.

19. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I think it is all B&N stores, because the one in the Gallery near Southdale (where I got my first copy) did, and so did the one in MoA (where I got a replacement because there were ink smears *all* over the first page of chapter 5). Not sure how long the sale lasts though....

~*~Bria

20. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    Shadow Hunter will remain at 40% off as long as it stays up in B&N's best-seller listing. (Note that this is not the NYT list of best-sellers, but B&N's own list....)

Glad to help!

Thom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.