main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Good toy and game stores downtown?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Gesh_Bomil, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gesh_Bomil

Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Hello all!

Just going to be visiting this weekend and was wondering what good toy and game stores there was near Pike Place market? Anywhere within 15-20 blocks would be good. I know of Golden Age collectables in Pike Place and the Toys R Us in North-something mall and K&B in South-something mall (bus routes unknown).

In particular i'm looking for 12 inch dudes (i'd love to get the Scout trooper on speeder bike), inexpensive European games (die macher, Euphretes Vs. Tigres, Cosmic encounter...etc), Dark Matter and classic Mystara D&D stuff. As well any model hobby store that carries Ancient Greek, Roman, Persian and Egyptian 1:72 scale stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Gesh

2. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Well, I don't really know what stores have the good stuff. KB is (was? did it close?) in Southcenter, which is in Tukwila. Website still lists it.

Metro Bus trip planner

That North-something would be Northgate.

TRU also has a Southcenter area store but it's a bit south of the mall on the main street (South Center Blvd). Last time I was there, about 3 weeks ago, they didn't have what you describe but they did have the new release of the 12" Old Obi-Wan for cheaper even than WalMart (evil empire).

According to the Southcenter Mall website

Bus directions are:

From Downtown Seattle: Metro Bus #150

From Sea-Tac Airport: Metro Bus #140

From Renton: Metro Bus #140

From Bellevue: Metro Bus #240 to Renton. Transfer to Metro Bus #140

From Kent or Auburn: Metro Bus #150

3. DarthNoll

DarthNoll Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    Unfortunately there are not any really good toy stores/hobby stores/game stores in the downtown area. The closest thing (besides the usually-too-high-priced Golden Age) would be Zanadu, the comics shop. They sometimes have figures, but nothing on a regular basis. It's an awesome comics shop, though, so definitely check it out if you have time. Zanadu is on 3rd Ave across from Bed, Bath & Beyond... I think it's in between Stewart and Virginia on 3rd.

EDIT: There is a hobby shop in the Southcenter area to look for if you end up down there... It's just south of Toys R Us in the big shopping area where Cost Plus and Michael's is... It's HobbyTown USA and I haven't been there in a long time, but they may have some of the items you mentioned.

Good luck!

4. Gesh_Bomil

May 24, 2002
    Thanks for the info so far. Southcenter seems to have it all with K&B toys and Toys R Us, HHobbytown USA, Wizards of the Coast and Suncoast Video (i'm also looking for the Akira Kurusawa four Samurai disk set. Hidden Fortress is the inspiration for SW and is an awesome flick!). Any more advice or cool stores near Southcenter would be appreciative. Thanks!

Gesh

5. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Actually, Wizards of the Coast has closed their storefronts.

6. Gesh_Bomil

May 24, 2002
    Thank you for all your help. The Southcenter mall area was great one stop shopping. With K&B, Target, Toys R Us and half price books i picked up some skookum toys. 12 inch Gammorean guard, garrunian (snout nose spy in ep 4) and Leia in Bounty hunter outfit along with all the ep2 3 fig sets and jedi kids in 3 1/2 were great discoveries. The new Stickfas line was a shocker as well at Target and Toys R. Thanks again.

Free your toys! Down with toy slavery! Free your toys!

Gesh

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Sweeet, Gesh!

I got some new toys for my birthday: a Vader combat ready sabre (lights and sounds and batteries included); a Hasbro Death Star micro-playset (with teeny-tiny Darth Vader, an Ewok on a Dewback, and Uncle Owen figs, and a storm trooper rifle, with lighst and sounds! By all means, free your toys!!!

Oh yes, and any time one of the Seattle crew is likely to visit Victoria, be sure to look us up.

Victory Base: Your friends across the water!

*Derisa*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.