main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Goodbai Chicago, Hello Arizona!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Rediture, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rediture

Rediture Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2002
    Hello Everyone!

Hey, it looks like I'll be one of your newest residents in these forums for a while. Let me introduce myself, I'm Rediture. I have about 6 more days left in Chicago here, and I'll be moving out to sunny Arizona. And I hope to be able to join in on the fun here. I'll be moving into the Glendale area, which I believe is about 20 miles from Phoenix correct me if I'm wrong.

I decided to start early and warn everyone of my coming. And get to know the rules and everything. I hope to be able join the PFF and just have fun here. Well heres to a safe drive and a good time. Hope to see everyonr soon!

Edit: I really didn't say too much about my love for Star Wars. First of I've got to say that I thought/and still do think I am the biggest fan in all of Chicago, haven't met anyone that knew more then me on the subject, and that is quite disappointing :( no one to talk to about the NJO Books or anything. Well as I have hinted to in the sentece prior, I read all the novels, I am on a mission (from the allmighty master Jabba himself) to collect everything from the new saga of collectables. I have been meaning to get a costume sometime in the near future but can't seem to get directions (lol, or the money to buy what is needed) to build anything. Other then that I'm your normal Star Wars geek. Also... I have every single PC Star Wars game made, so if you ever need a multiplayer partner/kill toy just ask. :)
    ------------------------
    Rediture
    "Place Quote Here."

2. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Hey Rediture, welcome to the Phoenix Forums. I'm Idiots Array, co-City Rep for Phoenix Fan Force. Good luck on the move and I hope you can make it to our next meeting on the 8th of June at 3:00pm. The meeting will be held at the Atomic Comics in Mesa and will be a great place to meet everyone in PFF. If you have any questions please feel free to contact either myself, kreleia, our City Rep, or Obey Wann, the Regional Support Admin for the Southwest.

Have fun,

IA

3. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    Yes..I could use a "kill toy" for Outcast.

Welcome in advance.

4. Rediture

Rediture Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2002
    Thanx IA for the warm welcome. And I'll probably be getting settled in by the 6th and I'll probably be able to come to the meeting. I was worried that I wouldn't find out the place for comics and stuff for a few months, thanx to you now I know one, lol.

And Subjugator, any time... I'm not that great with a saber but I'm pretty good with a gun... and against Ugnaghts.

5. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Greetings Rediture!! :) Welcome to our geekdom! You'll find plenty of conversation here - everything from NJO to collecting, fanfic and costuming. We have at least one "expert" in every category. [face_laugh] (yes, true geeks are we)

We're glad to have you aboard!!
    ^.^

6. aero-

aero- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2002
    Hi, Rediture! I'm aero-, your friendly neighborhood Lunchbox and no one special in particular. Just wanted to say welcome to the PFF and if you have a question, don't even bothering asking me, because half the time I don't know what's going on myself!

Oh yeah, btw, kreleia is sexy and i'll kill you if you say otherwise. :]

7. Rediture

Rediture Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2002
    Thanx kreleia and you as well aero-. But I do have a question for you aero-, which of Kevin Smith's movies is your favorite? Personally I think Clerks is the best with JSBSB in a very close second. Besides Star Wars I think Smith's movies are the things I know most about. Well... and his comic books, and the Clerks Animated show. kreleia who is the expert of the costuming? I've been trying to get/make one for a long time now... even considered paying 400 dollars for the Stormtrooper outfit. :)

8. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    Nice to see a fellow Kevin Smith fan.

9. Rediture

Rediture Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2002
    I think every Star Wars fan would love Kevin Smith movies. Just the SW references alone make it interesting to watch. And I have to be serious I watched Clerks the first time a few years back... as soon as the Death Star Debate came up I was forever in the grasp of any thing Smith ever made.

10. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    I can't say I've watched much Kevin Smith. He wrote a good, but very disappointingly irrellevant Daredevil yarn a few years back that I read, though. I hope his movies aren't equally disappointing.

Welcome to the Valley of the Sun, Rediture. Hope you enjoy the heat!

11. Rediture

Rediture Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2002
    Thanx liquido. They say he is doing quite nicely with the new Spider-Man books coming out. And his movies are great if you like dick and fart jokes.

12. liquido

May 16, 2002
    Spider-Man?? I thought JMS was doing Spidey these days. What happened?

13. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Welcome, Rediture! I am Mobius, one of the few residents that lives on the west side of the valley. If you're moving to Glendale, you won't be very far from me.

You mentioned location, well Glendale is part of the greater Phoenix metro area, commonly called The Valley of The Sun (for good reason). It is one continuous urban/suburban sprawl, from Peoria and Glendale in the northwest, Scottsdale in the northeast, Tempe, Mesa, and Chandler in the south and southeast, and Phoenix in the middle. So it's hard to say whether you'll be 20 miles from Phoenix. Most people around here generally refer to the metro valley area as Phoenix.

Anyway, that's enough of a geography lesson for today (removes proffessor's cap).

Again, welcome! And if you are looking for a comic book store, there is also an Atomic Comics location in Phoenix at Metrocenter mall, which would be MUCH closer for you than the Mesa location at which we hold our meetings.

14. Rediture

Rediture Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2002
    Unless they changed it I was hearing Smith was doing it. Haven't acctully seen the books he has done yet though, but I heard about them.

15. Rediture

Rediture Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2002
    Thank you Mobius for the welcome and the geography lesson. (didn't take Arizona Routes and Maps 101 yet :) ) Also thanx for the closer comic book location, I hope they have back issues... I still need Tag and Bink # 2

16. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Dunno bout that, I'm not much of a comic guy, actually, but I believe they are willing to check any of their stores and/or have an issue sent over for you (I could be wrong, anyone?)

BTW, do you have an approximate location as to where in Glendale you're moving? Major crossroads, anything like that.

Oh, one last Phx geography lesson for ya: Most of the valley is laid out on a convenient square mile grid. All the numbered streets run north/south, and all the named streets run east/west. That should make it a little easier for ya.

17. Rediture

Rediture Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2002
    Give me about 4 hours for my parents to wake up and I'll tell you, lol

18. liquido

May 16, 2002
    Yes, Atomic Comics will check their other stores for back issues if they don't have it there. They keep three months on the shelves, but don't keep a lot of stock. I always have a hard time finding my favorite titles there.

I hear that some of the old All About Books and Comics staff have started their own shop, Samurai Comics, which opened this weekend at 7th Street and Camelback Road in central Phoenix. You could always try them, too.

There used to be a comic book shop at Peoria and 67th Avenues in Peoria. Does anyone know whatever happened to it? I tried to stop by one day and it was gone.

19. Darth_Trigue

Darth_Trigue Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    Liquido...I know the one you're talking about, but I can't even remember the name. I used to go there when I lived "Out West". lol I noticed it was gone a while ago...not sure what happened.

Anyway...welcome Rediture. You're getting here just in time to find out how miserable a "dry heat" can be. I lived in Glendale for years growing up, and live in Tempe now. If you can survive one summer here you've got it made. Good luck. :)

20. Rediture

Rediture Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2002
    Thanx Darth for the welcome... and I've spent a few summers there with my cousins, it's not all that bad. I personally think the heat with 100% humidity is much worse then the dry heat. But I guess I'll just have to find out.

21. Satvr9

Satvr9 Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Liquido, the comic shop that was on 67th and peoria is now in the wal mart shopping center at 59th ave and bell. It's called Stalking Moon comics.
    For back issues, i would suggest a little hole-in-the-wall place called Hero Comics. If memory serves its on 35th ave and either cactus or thunderbird in the southwestern shopping center. Though many of their comics are not bagged and boarded.

22. Darth_Trigue

Darth_Trigue Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    Ha! I thought that was Stalking Moon, but then I second-guessed myself and said, nooo...it couldn't be. ~slaps self in forehead~ What threw me off is I've *been* to the new location and it's SO different. Well, that, and I've heard more people recommend them for anime than comics these days. ~sigh~

Well, Redi, I'm glad to know you've had some "practice" at the whole Phoenix summer thing! :)

Anyway...er...welcome! :)

23. Jinnetics

Jinnetics Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 1999
    Welcome, Rediture! I'm Jinnetics, another Glendale resident. (Though I work in Mesa. Much like the sand Anakin Skywalker despises so, I get all over the place.) Perhaps we can ride share to FanForce events in the East Valley. Anyone else up for it?

24. CaptHowdy_00

CaptHowdy_00 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    Sorry to be welcomming you a day late and a dollar short. But better late then naver. Anyway, though I am a fan, and love the movies, i have yet to fully give in to the Force of SW. I love to got to the movies and talk about them.
    Hope fully soon I will be getting a ST costume, with the help of 501st. Good bunch of guys with killer info.

25. skywalkersound

skywalkersound Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    WELCOME!!!! Well, have to play SW Galaxies together!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.