main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Goodby Ultimate TV......

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Anrev_the_Jedi, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Well we kept having little power surges at the house yesterday. You know the power would flicker off then on several times. Happened alot too. Just ask Drew & Scott. Several times last nite we were trying to edit video and it would turn off the Mac. Well one time this happened several times in a row and now the Direct TV/Ultimate TV receiver is now fried. Wont even turn on. :mad: And its out of warranty. :mad: :mad:

So I'm going to go get TIVO! :D The new version is SWEET! I can set up to record things on line! And I hook it too my home network I can watch TV on the Mac AND stuff thats on the Mac I can watch and listen to on the TV!!! :D :D

I have already stripped out the hard drive on the U-TV box to put in my PC. My wife was a little miffed but got over it quick. She just said "Your going tomorrow and buy me a new TIVO!" No problem by me!

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    TiVo is the greatest!!! I don't know how many times it saved me from missing some of my favorite shows. It was especially handy during the run of the Clone Wars cartoons. I'd just program it to record all 10 episodes a week before they even started! Then after I watched the episode of the night I'd go back and watch all of the previous episodes again.

3. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    I did that so Scott could see them too. He dosnt have cable.

4. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I just have bootleged cable...OOOP!!! Did I just type that out loud....oh well...

Here's a perfect reason as to why (when I lived in Cleveland) I had every important electrical applience in my house plugged into a surge protector.

5. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    I had that surge protector pluged into another one.

6. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    When I started reading I thought this would be a sympathy thread instead it turned into a look what new toy I'm going to get thread. [face_laugh]

I'm just glad it didn't fry the Mac.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.