Snoho, WA Goodbye John -

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthBreezy, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Here's to one of the good ones....

John Guth, founder of the Seattle Star Wars society has left us at age 36...

*sad, quiet tears*
  2. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    OMG!!! where did you you hear about this? How did he pass?

This is such sad news, he was such a good guy
  3. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Cate, I sent you a link to the notice.
  4. TheSheryl Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd like to electronically add my condolences . . .

I am sadden by the fact that one of the great Star Wars fans has passed at such an early age. I didn't know John well, but I had seen him at the Cinerama the past three Star Wars films. I will fondly remember John at the Episode II showing in his Star Wars suit made of old bed sheets. He was also the best looking Han Solo at the Halloween Party of 2002.

Here's to you John!
  5. Darth_William Force Ghost

star 2
    I am so incredibly saddened by this news. I never even knew John except through what I learned of his & Jeff's 5 month line-up for Episode 2 from the press coverage and from their website waitingforstarwars.com. He became my un-official Star Wars fandom hero for that! I always wondered why he didn't join Jeff in his mega-wait last year for Episode 3? Does anyone here know how he died? I read on his website that he may have committed suicide? Does anyone know if this in fact is true?
    I just cannot understand that!!! If you look around his site johnguth.com you will see dozens and dozens of pictures from his life with his partner Bryan. They seem so happy and he seemed to have so much in life!! Why, why, why???
    God be with his friends and family (especially Bryan) in this tragic time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.