main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Goodbye -- ROTJ AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Tarado, May 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarado

Tarado Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2001
    Okay, I kind of told myself I'd only do one story at a time, but I just couldn't help it when I got this idea, and had to start writing it. :D :D :D I hope you enjoy it. :D :D

Oh, yeah--disclaimer: If I owned Star Wars would I be wasting my time here? Sue not.

Goodbye--a ROTJ AU

Endor's normal nighttime sounds--chirping insects and the occasional animal call--were nowhere to be heard in the forests surrounding the Ewok villages. Huge bonfires, like tiny lights in the trees, dotted the woods. Up in the sky brilliant fireworks exploded against a navy backdrop of stars. There was one star, however, that was nowhere to be seen. Whereas its shape had formerly occupied much of the sky, now all that was left of the Death Star was a cloud of miniscule dust particles dispersed freely into space.

Down below, the party was in full swing. Han felt he had to give the little fuzz-balls some credit for the quality of celebration they were putting on. He was busy prying an overenthusiastic Ewok off his leg while keeping his glass of berry wine from spilling when a voice called, "Han!"

He looked up to see Lando walking at a brisk pace to meet him, a wide, white grin on his face. "Calrissian," Han greeted his friend with a clap on the back and downed the last of the putrid drink. "Good to see that you're sitll alive, buddy."

"Hey," Lando laughed. "I wouldn't give them the SATISFACTION of killing me. It felt good to give the Empire a bloody nose."

"Is my ship all right?" Han asked earnestly.

"Lando adopted a hurt look. "Would you think so little of me?"

"Yes."

Calrissian patted his friend on the shoulder. "The FALCON's fine, Han."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." He looked a little uncomfortable. "We'll have to get a new sensor dish put on, though."

"What?!"

"Hey!" Lando protested. "Take it easy--I'll get it fixed."

Han was seething. "You'd better," he growled. There was a roar behind him and Chewie came forward and gave Lando an enthusiastic embrace.

"Good to see you too, Chewbacca." He then saw the princess slip quietly into their circle. "Leia!" he cried joyously, giving her a big hug, with or without her permission.

The princess laughed at the giddiness of the moment and hugged him fiercely back. "Glad to see you made it through. I'm sure Han is thrilled that for once his premonition wasn't correct and he'll be able to see his ship again."

Calrissian gave her a mock frown. "Why do I get this feeling that people are more excited to see the ship return than me?"

Their laughter echoed and mingled with the sound of the celebration across the Ewok camp.

Leia glanced at the entrance for the umpteenth time, and then caught herself, not wanting to appear overly antsy. It was still early and many of the fighter pilots were still trickling in, happy and relieved and ready to party. She told herself to be patient.

He would come soon.

Wedge Antilles appeared and they exchanged a round of happy embraces. "Is Luke here yet?" he called over the din of the drumming and singing Ewoks.

Leia shook her head and articulated, "Not yet."

The celebration was fully underway when the fuzz-ball percussionists started beating out a catchy little rhythm that several members of Rogue squadron began singing to. Han cast a sidelong glance at the princess who, despite her outward projection of calm and ease, seemed worried. "Come on, sweetheart," he said, taking her hand. "No sense wasting a perfectly good party brooding. You never know when you may have another good reason to celebrate like this." She suddenly saw the twinkle in his eyes. "May I have this dance?" When she didn't answer right away, he leaned his face closer to hers, forcing her to look him in the eyes. "I'm sure Luke is fine," he murmured. "Come on and dance with me."

Leia laughed as he spun her out to the floor. In Han's arms, in the face of optimism and dancing to the beat of the comical music, her heart d

2. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    OOOH! Yes I love AUs!!! Especially ones about the OT. More!! And more of Luke too! :D

3. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    YEA!! I love ROTJ AU's! Especially ones that involve all characters! Keep going! :)

4. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Hey, I love them too! (surprise!) Keep it up, I'll be reading!

5. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    Great! some readers already. :) This is going to be fun. Here's some more for ya...

Sometime that night, much to Han's disappointment, he and Leia received orders to report to Home One for a debriefing.

Solo had moaned and groaned about how the Alliance bigwigs could never have any fun and couldn't it wait until morning? But despite his grousing, he had ridden with Leia on a battle-scarred Correlian gunboat up to the Mon Calamari ship and straight to the meeting.

Leia sat quietly at the wide, white table in the Mon Cal ship's main conference room. Seated around it were Mon Mothma, Admiral Ackbar, General Madine, and Han. She felt tired and grubby after trekking and fighting for two days in the woods, and was not in the mood for this meeting. A good ten hours of sleep, a hot meal and a long shower was all she could think about as she stared blankly at the documents sitting in front of her.

Madine tapped a few keys on his datapad and sat back in his chair, stroking his beard. "It has been confirmed that the Death Star has been destroyed," he said officially, arching an eyebrow at Leia. She nodded her verification of that fact, trying not to appear too drained. "It is cautiously to be assumed," the general went on, "that both Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader were killed in that explosion."

"It's still too early," Mon Mothma reprimanded him quietly.

"But just to make a wary supposition," Madine defended. "Based on the un-likeliness that they would have been able to escape--"

"Did you know Senator Palpatine personally, general?" Mon Mothma cut him off with a severe look. Madine reluctantly shook his head no. "Well I did," she said quietly. "I saw the way he manipulated the senate, and led them blindly into his little traps. I saw his cunning and charisma. I will not have us let down our guard based on the simple assumption that the head of the Empire has been cut off. We cannot relax until we have proof, is that understood?"

"Yes, Ma'am," Madine answered meekly.

Mon Mothma let her stern gaze rest briefly on everyone around the table before turning back to Madine with a kinder expression.

"You may procee, general."

The man was trying not to look too flustered, Leia saw, as he called up a few more notes on his datapad. "General Solo," he turned on Han. "Has everyone on your strike team and shuttle crew, whether living or dead, been accounted for?"

Leia could feel her heart start to pound as she watched Han make a play for time, pretending to check his notes. He cleared his throat. "Yes." he answered. "Everybody is accounted for except..." his gaze darted quickly to Leia and back to his notes... "Luke Skywalker."

An air of surprise seemed to ripple across the table, followed by a shocked silence. It was Ackbar who spoke first.

"Is he dead?" He asked.

Han shook his head. "I don't know."

"As Skywalker's commanding officer, you don't know where he is?" Madine demanded, his voice filled with patronizing disbelief.

Solo bit back a sarcastic reply, figuring he didn't need any more trouble for one day. "No, sir," he answered quietly. "I don't."

"When was his approximate time of disappearance?" Mon Mothma asked evenly, her calm demeanor seemingly unfrayed by this new report.

Solo raised his eyebrows at Leia, who decided it would be wise to take it from there. "He left the night before the battle of Endor," she said, feeling their attention suddenly converge on her.

"Do you mean he deserted?" Madine demanded in disbelief.

"No!" she exclaimed, felling the anger start to rise in her throat. Taking a deep breath, and in a quieter voice, she went on. "Luke knew that Vader could track his presence on the moon, and he knew he was endangering the mission and the lives of the team by staying with us. He had to leave."

"Where?" Mon Mothma asked gently. Leia averted her gaze from their questioning stares, feeling tears start to sting her eyes. No, she thought

6. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
  7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Oh, boy!! Some more...Write some more, please?..*Gives pleading look*

8. Clarus

Clarus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2000
    Hey! I'm so glad I found this! Good idea, and very well written, too. Hope to see some more soon!

9. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Lookin good! Though Madine is pissing me off!WHERE IS MY LUKE???

10. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Very good! You have my attention :) . Sooo...where is Luke? Please continue! AU are my favorite fics!

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    okay, I'll say it.

I have a bad feeling about this.

If Luke is where I think he is, I'm going to cry.

More please.

12. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    :eek: I promised myself 'no more new fics. No more new fics!!' But noooooo what do I do? I find another delicious thread to keep me awake @ night. Oh, well. ;)

13. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    NOOOO!!!!
    More! You can't just leave us hanging like that! Now where's Luke? :)

14. Ewan-Kenobi

Oct 21, 2000
    :_|

MOOOOORE!!! :_|

[face_plain]

Sorry, I'm better now.

EpisodeII line
    Anakin: "I have a bad feeling aboot this, eh?"

15. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    More please!!!!

16. Luke_and_Mara_4ever

Luke_and_Mara_4ever Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Uh Oh.......

I have a feeling that wherever Luke is, he's in trouble.......

I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR MORE!!!!!

17. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Just promise me that Luke is not dead. I can't take it when that happens.

18. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    ohh... I REALLY have to stop finding these things! :D

19. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I'm reading too! Please more!!!!!!

20. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    Twinnie, standing by ! waiting to know WHERE IN THE HELL IS LUKE ?!!! and where is my beloved Darth Daddy too ???
    :p

21. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    Oh, guys, I would just love to post more right now for you, but in about 15 minutes I'm on my way to Youth camp and I'll be gone until Saturday...

Keep up the speculating and I promise I'll have a huge post as soon as I possibly can! :D :D

Until then....hee,hee, hee... :)

22. Luke_and_Mara_4ever

Luke_and_Mara_4ever Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    grrrrrr.......Tarado, you need to understand that you can't do that to loyal readers!

23. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Yep, thought it was time to read something different for a change and this is really good :) Keep it coming!

aa :)

24. Ewan-Kenobi

Oct 21, 2000
    more please. :)

25. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    Could we have some more please? WHERE is LUKE? ?[face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.