main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Goodbye -- ROTJ AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Tarado, May 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarado

Tarado Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2001
  2. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    having problems

3. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    hmm....don't even ask

4. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    So...I guess this didn't get upped. Here it goes.

5. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good golly, look - its a POST!!!!!!!

Good Post! :D

I may have to take time to review where the story left off........

6. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    *happy Ewok dance!* I hope Mara finds him soon! Poor Luke, where could he be? :D

inez

7. Dancing_Jansons

Dancing_Jansons Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Holy cow!!! A post, a post! <does happy dance> Woohoo!

I like it. Where can he be? Find him, Mara!

8. Darthina_Christine

Darthina_Christine Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    *jaw drops* *gapes* *shuts mouth after a couple of minutes* Wow! A post! *realization hits her and she does a happy dance*

I do hope that Mara can find Luke before Vader and 'ol Palpy do...

Good Post! :D

9. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Go, Vader, go!

Well, he needs some moral support, doesn't he? :p The poor man... ;)

10. ShaydremMoon

ShaydremMoon Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002
    Hmmm, I guess it has been 3 months. Well, not three months for me, I just found this like, 2 weeks ago. I was wondering if you'd stopped writing. Guess not, Yay!

11. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    Oh, YAYYYYYY, a post!!! And the story takes off again! Great stuff!!!!

12. ismaren

ismaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Great Post. But alas, if only Luke knew what was good for him.

13. Master_Jador

Master_Jador Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2002
    (gets up from the floor, where he fell backwards in his chair from complete and utter shock)

Wow! A post! :eek: Am I dreaming?

This is great! You know, it's been so long that I don't remember if I've ever posted on this story or not. Oh well, I have been following this story and I thing it's fantastic. Great job, Tarado!

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I don't know if Luke will let Mara find him. I'm wondering what will happen when Leia and Han show up. Then Daddy Vader. It will be an interesting reunion.

15. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    Thank you so much for all your replies!!! Glad you are all still here!
    Fortunately, I'm about two posts ahead of the game, so if I can just stay that way, there will a lot more story coming more often from now on. :)

16. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Happy happy...joy joy...happy happy...joy joy :) A post!

I guess it has been a while. I started to read the new post and realized that I didn't remember what the heck was going on. So, I skimmed the the past few posts to refresh my memory, and I realized something all over again....man, you're good! ;)

17. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    Soo....Guess who is done with finals!!!

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess who is going to post more story on Friday!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

18. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    Well......it's Friday where I'm at, so here you go. Enjoy and reply! :)

The answer to Mara?s quiet dread came earlier than anticipated. It was early evening and she had combed almost every bar and hotel in the city, but had found no trace of Skywalker. So it was with a faint sense of defeat and a stomach tied in tight knots that, standing unnoticed at the dusty stone steps of an inn, she watched the all-too-familiar sight of Imperial shuttles and TIE fighters descending on the city like birds of prey. Vader must have been on the move much quicker than she had given him credit for.

Mara bit her lip. The net was quickly closing despite her best efforts. She thought of her remaining search options and wondered fleetingly if it was possible that Skywalker was no longer here, but then dismissed the idea. Why would Imperials show up here if Vader could not detect his son nearby? And how else would she be able to feel the low-lying hum of his presence here? She resumed walking briskly to her speeder, determined not to be fazed by the arrival of Imperial troops. They did not know she was here and they would not find her.

As she got in the speeder, she saw a message scroll across the console in red letters informing her unnecessarily that the spaceports were officially closed, effective immediately, by order of the Empire. All portals to the city were closed. No one without express authorization and a Z5R7 code would be permitted to enter or leave the city until further notice. The message began flashing again and Mara slapped it off.

The man finally came back to help him after Luke had been sitting at the desk nervously for the better part of an hour. He was in the office of a travel agent, hoping to keep a low profile while trying to locate some means of transportation away from Kraull. He?d been miserably plugging away at the job for two days now, looking almost frantically for something that he could afford. A ship was out of the question, of course. But at this point, even a speeder would do. He only knew that he had to get out of the town before disaster struck.

Every bone in his body seemed to scream at him to get up, to keep from sitting still. you can?t stay here, he thought. But he knew he had to. This agency seemed like his best bet so far. Even though his senses shouted for him to leave this place, he ignored them and fidgeted.

?I?m sorry to keep you waiting,? the man apologized, smiling cordially. ?We?ve just had a couple problems come up concerning your speeder rental.?

A tiny warning bell went off in the back of Luke?s mind and he straightened. ?What kind of problems?? she asked cautiously.

The man shuffled some papers, apparently not too concerned. ?Both spaceports and other entrances to the city have been shut down. We will not be authorized to rent out vehicles until they are re-opened.?

The warning bells got louder. It sounded to Luke like water was rushing past his ears, but Luke forced himself to keep his calm. ?Shut down by who?? he asked. As if he needed to know.

?A couple of Imperial taskforces,? the man answered, entering something on his datapad.

?I see.? Luke struggled to keep his voice even despite the panic that rose instinctively in his throat. ?Does this happen often??

The man looked up. ?It?s never happened before that I?m aware.? He got to his feet, handing the datapad to Luke. ?Incidentally, we?re required to get the names and identification of everyone here who is looking for a transport. You will need to remain here for a couple of hours until??

Luke heard no more. He was already on his feet, moving towards the door.

?Excuse me,? the man called after him. ?Where do you think you?re going??

?You don?t know me,? the Jedi said with a quick wave of his hand as he brushed past the other. ?I was never here.?

?You were never here,? repeated the perplexed voice behind him.

Luke was walking briskly down the half-empty street a minute later. His heart was racing

19. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    arg! for some reason, this is NOT going up.

20. Lady_Arwen

Lady_Arwen Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2002
  21. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    Kay, don't know why this thread won't go up when I up it....but let's hope this works. :(

22. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    oh wow! Luke found an ally...or did he? ;) Great work, Tarado.

inez

23. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    TWO POSTS. *screeches in delight.* *runs over to Tarado and gives her a big Wookie hug.*

YEAH. YIPEE. WIZARD. YAHOOOOO.

Glad to have you back Tarado. *grabs her hands and swings her around in her happy dance.*

:) :) :) :)

24. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    Kevlar nails time! Cliffhanger!!!!! :D

25. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    nice and long and a cliffie! Wooohooo! ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.