main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Goodbye -- ROTJ AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Tarado, May 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I KNEW LUKIE WASN'T DEAD! :D You had me pretty scared there young lady :p ;)

2. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    WHAT?!? Vader's dead and the Emperor is alive! How dare you! [face_devil]

Yech! Another Mara Jade story. I really was hoping you could do without that murderous teenage dreamgirl, but oh well... ;)

A very well told story, so I can't stop reading!

-Red

3. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    <insert suspenseful music here>

:eek:

4. Luke_and_Mara_4ever

Luke_and_Mara_4ever Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    [threatening]Don't be dissin' Mara, NA. You don't want me to start in on you[/threatening]

I love dramatic irony! It's so much fun!

5. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    Thank god Luke's alright. :)

UP!

6. Jedi_Boy_of_Corellia

Jedi_Boy_of_Corellia Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2000
    But, but Palpy is supposed to be dead! Next its going to be Jar Jar making apperances at gas stations!

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok, I was having a blond moment, Jedi_Boy_of_Corellia is me, I just forgot to log my brother out. :p

8. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Ok, I didn't leave. Thank goodness He's alive, but then there is Palpy to deal with.

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I must say I wasn't expecting that. Luke isn't in a good place. And Darth Daddy could still be alive. Who knows. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

10. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    I agree with RebelMom ; still, if Vader's alive, how come Mara didn't find him when she caught Luke ? if he was strong enough to prevent her from catching him when Mara came, he would have done so ; and he if wasn't strong enough... well, the Rebels who found the shuttle would've found him too...

unless Anakin isn't back from the dark side ? ooh no !

11. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Twinnie, stop talking like that or I'll die of a stress-induced heart attack!! ;)

Of course Vader's still alive!! And he's good too!! And those pesky Rebels didn't get their grubby hands on him!! And the aliens have landed in my high school parking-lot and are asking for directions to the local ice-cream stand (which is across the street BTW ;) ) cuz they ran out of their suppy of death by chocolate and just had to replace it cuz their captain was in serious withdrawl!! Which can be expected cuz, well, it's chocolate!! Hmm, chocolate . . . And . . .

--I better stop while I still have a shred of dignity left . . . :p

12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Mmm... Chocolate...

13. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    If Vader's dead and Luke's alive then all I have to say is..."Always two there are."

Grr, Luke could have easily force yanked the blaster from Mara.

14. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    Hey, I'd be perfectly happy if Jar Jar appered in a gas station. I lub Jar Jar. :D

15. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    very sorry Ashamaphone, but... it's just too hard to wait like that !!! :_| Darthie ! where are you ??? still, if you dies by chocolate, oh mighty Darth, I have to say that you are a lucky guy. and Ashamaphone, you should really stop ice-cream, it makes you say weird things :p

Levitating !!! a story like that one is meant to stay up !

16. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    wait a minute, Luke is alive? Then whose body is it that they found? I am assuming it was a decoy. Wouldn't Leia feel it if Luke died? And why would they accuse him of being a traitor?

Good Story,anyway.

17. Tarado

Tarado Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2001
    Kay, everyone, a really long post is on its way as soon as possible. The plot is proving somewhat difficult at this point and I want to make sure every detail is taken care of--so it might take me a couple of days, but it IS coming........

:D :D :D

18. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    AAHH! I don't know if I can wait! **Starts pulling her hair out and than stops** I'm okay. :)

19. Tarado

Tarado Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2001
    Whew! the post is here....enjoy! :) :)

The blaster nudged Luke in the shoulder, prodding him to walk faster as they stepped out of the elegant rooms into a wide, carpeted hallway.

The walls of the corridor were lined with ornately carved black sconces, small tongues of orange flame curling out of them, lapping at the dark shadows. Stationed in an orderly manner down the hall, stood the imposing Imperial guards, armed to the teeth with visible weaponry.

"Just so you know to behave," the red-haired young woman told him pleasantly, noting his observance of the guards and jabbing the blaster in his back again.

There was little question in Luke's mind of where they could possibly be. Although he wasn't much of a seasoned traveler, the cityscape view from the window, combined with the grandeur of what he'd seen so far, made Luke fairly certain he was on Coruscant in the infamous Imperial palace.

His question was, how had he gotten here?

Luke searched his last memories, trying to figure out what had happened. His last blurry recollection was of the Emperor leering as blue lightning leapt off his fingertips and Luke's own pain-filled pleas to his father to help him. He remembered nothing after that. Palpatine had gleefully reassured Luke that he would die, but something had obviously changed the wicked leader's mind.

They reached a bank of turbolifts at the end of the hall and Luke and the young woman rode in silence until the lift deposited them on a new floor, almost completely identical to the last. They walked to the end of another corridor and came to two huge doors of ancient orowood carved in intricate patterns and protected by two red-clad guardsmen. Despite their old-fashioned appearance, the doors slid smoothly open upon their arrival.

Inside was a small, dark anteroom connecting with more doors. Luke tood a deep breath as he was nudged forward, knowing what ordeals probably awaited him inside, and secretly dreading it. The second set of doors opened, and Luke, who was expecting a duplication of the throne room on the Death Star, started in mild surprise.

The room was a grand corridor of columns and bleached stone, the extraordinary architecture of some long-extinct civilization.

Massive windows--several stories high--covered the far wall, bathing the corridor in orange and purple twilight of the planet's setting sun and providing the room's only illumination. Unlike the landscape from Luke's rooms, no buildings or vehicles obstructed the throne room's breathtaking view of the huge city or of space beyond.

Luke could see the dark silhouette of Palpatine's throne, facing away from them and eclipsed by the light from the sunset, and next to the Emperor, as motionless as a statue, a black shadow, stood Darth Vader.

At the sight of his father, Luke felt his emotions unexpectedly rise to the surface. He was suddenly angry at his father for not being strong enough to turn back to the light side, and then the tide of his fury turned and he was furious at himself for being so foolish as to think he could face Vader and the Emperor alone, for naively assuming he could turn his father back.

*Stop it!* He berated himself firmly. *Anger is of the Dark Side.* And now, of all times, he had to be calm; at peace like Yoda had taught him. His very salvation depended on it.

The blaster prodded him in the back again, and he obediently moved forward, slowly ascending the pale stone steps, his feet like lead.

There was only the clipped sound of their footsteps, echoing throughout the hall. Palpatine and Vader watched, silently, as they approached.

They stopped in front of the throne and Luke was aware of the young woman stepping back, placing her blaster back in its holster, standing at attention.

Palpatine, his shriveled, rotting features hidden under the dark cowl of his black hood, nodded his approval to her. "You are dismissed."

She bowed curtly and turned on her heel. Luke listened to t

20. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Vader's Alive!!! ....Vader's Alive!!...

I'm so happy!! :D

21. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Very good. Nice characterizations. Poor Luke. I seem to be speaking in simple sentences tonight. Oh well. Bring on some more story!

22. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Yes! Vader's alive!!!!! And now Luke, escape and get to your sister, train her and the two of you can defeat the Sithly b*****ds!

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Oh wow...

And Luke has lost contact with the Force outside of the Palace? How strange.

24. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Wow! Awesome post Tarado! Characterizatiosn were good, the fight nice, and reflective! Lukie will get out of there, he MUST!

25. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    Vader's alive! Vader's alive! **Starts doing the happy dance** :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.