main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Goodbye -- ROTJ AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Tarado, May 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarado

Tarado Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2001
    That wait wasn't so bad, now was it? :) :)

Please read and reply! :0

Luke Skywalker was staring, arms folded, out the main viewport on the bridge of the Star Destroyer, CONQUERER, his thoughts a blur of emotions, much like the view of hyperspace in front of him. By Coruscant?s time, it was close to midnight, and the ship was running half-manned for the night, only a skeleton force down in the crew-pit. By all rights he should have been tired, but he couldn?t sleep.

The crewmembers aboard the Star Destroyer, as a rule, had avoided the young black-clad stranger that had arrived aboard the ship with Darth Vader a week before. Luke had not spoken or smiled, or acknowledged any of them, as he followed unwillingly behind Vader like a shadow wherever the Dark Lord went. Luke was well aware of their curiosity about him, but was too preoccupied to care what they thought.

There was a quiet step behind him, and Luke turned to see Mara Jade standing there, right hand loosely holding her blaster.

Luke didn?t want to see her?he didn?t want to see anyone?and he turned back to the viewports, hoping if he ignored her she would go away.

But she didn?t, stepping up to the rail, her gaze flicking to the viewports. ?Are you enjoying the lovely view?? she asked sarcastically.

Luke pursed his lips, his gaze not leaving the hyperspace scene, keeping his temper in check. Why was it that his anger could flare up so easily, after barely being provoked? Or had his control over his emotions always been this fragile?

Without looking at her, he said, ?You know, you can put that thing away?it?s not like I?m going to be going anywhere.?

She raised her blaster, pointing it at his head, and released the safety. ?You mean this?? she asked.

Slowly, Luke turned to face her, his eyes resting tiredly on the weapon. ?What do you want??

She glared furiously, adjusting her grip on the gun. ?It?s not about what I want,? she said quietly, almost reciting. ?I?m following the Emperor?s orders.?

?I see,? Luke murmured. ?The Emperor ordered you to run around this ship terrorizing me every chance you get??

Her gaze narrowed as she lowered the blaster. ?Do you think I do this for the fun of it?? she demanded.

?Yeah, I?d say that was the impression I got,? Luke answered. He was in no mood to be congenial at the moment.

?Look, Skywalker,? she snapped, the gun coming up to point in his face again. This woman had a twitchy trigger finger all right. ?Palpatine?s orders are that I keep an eye on you,? she said coldly. ?And I?m obeying them despite the fact that I?d much rather kill you and get it over with like he wanted me to do in the first place.?

Luke frowned. ?What?? he asked.

She laughed coldly, dropping the blaster to her side. ?You see, you haven?t always been as important as you thought.?

Luke forcibly shoved back his reflexive annoyance, turning his glare back toward the viewport and insisting to himself that he would not get angry. He let the relief of the silence hang in the air for a few more moments, until he ignored his common sense and spoke up again.

?Why did Palpatine want to have me killed?? he asked quietly, his gaze not leaving the mottled view of space.

She regarded him again, her expression stony. ?Do you think he didn?t know of Vader?s offer to you to help him rule the galaxy??

?I don?t think Vader meant it seriously,? Luke murmured.

?Well, PALPATINE did!? Mara shot back. ?What Vader did was practically bordering on treason, and to the Emperor, you were suddenly a threat that needed to be eliminated.?

Luke raised his eyebrows questioningly. ?That?s interesting. It seems to me like he wants very much to keep me alive now,? he pointed out. ?What changed his mind??

Something in her face changed, Luke saw. Underneath the dark brooding anger of her tough exterior, her eyes flashed. Something, if he wasn?t mistaken, that looked like a deep pain. And as quickly as it had appeared, it was hidden again. Wh

2. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    All that and no one even reads it???!!!

*faints dead on the floor*

sniff. :_|

3. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I just saw this. Good Mara scene. Did I detect just a hint of compassion there for him for a second. ;)

The Board seems to be moving very slow tonight. It took at least three minutes for the post box to download.

4. empress of justice

empress of justice Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2000
    I'm reading! I'm reading! More! Do I see a Luke/Mara potential romance? ;D :walks away humming "Matchmaker, Matchmaker make me a match":.....

EOJ

5. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    I'm not a Luke and Mara fan, or even a books fan, but I will tell you this.

From what I've read, if I could continue on (Some thing about swearing off all movies and books, fantastic story), I would be checking for updates everyday.

This is well written, and has something.. different _special_ about it.

I truly mean it, really, when I do say that this is an excellent story. And for all the Luke fans, and L & M fan,s I say full-force ahead with this.

Truly good work.

The characters are excellent, and well written. It's good from the beginning. Luke was also well written. Nice bit of biting in his speech, and developing between the two.

Keep going, that was one huge mistake I made, once. And especially, have fun creating. :)

Up!

6. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Sorry, I am not a huge Luke/Mara fan-she wasn't in the OT. I will be checking up on this story though. Don't get me wrong, I like the couple just fine-I just don't want this to turn in to a Luke/Mara-only story.

7. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good post, Tarado!

I'm still reading this!

8. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001

MariahJade: Thanks :). Compassion? hmm. maybe. I guess you'll have to wait and see...

empress of Justice: Luke and Mara romance?? who would imagine that? I guess you'll just have to wait and see...

Katri Tai: you just made my day! Thank you for your wonderful comments, and I hope you will continue reading despite the fact Mara's in it. :)

LovelyLea: No, she wasn't in the OT, but that's the beauty of an AU. And I wouldn't dream of turning this into a L/M only story. There are so many different characters to cover--I think it makes a story more exciting. (Luke is still my favorite though)

Jedi Liz: Thanks!! :)

Thank you all you wonderful people for reading. I promise to have more up soon!

TTFN!

9. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    I love this story! Just got finished reading it, and it will definatley get a bookmark from me!

bterrik

10. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Thanks Tarado. I agree with you--all characters make for some amazing stories. I am looking forward to more!

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm reading, just a little late getting here. More please.

12. Katri Tai

Feb 26, 2000

*Plops down sleeping bag* :)

Uppity up.

13. Katri Tai

Feb 26, 2000
    Oops :) Ignore this.

14. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    OoOoo I like it very much! Wonderful Lukie\Mara interaction! I WANT MORE!

15. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    More please! This story is great!

16. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    More please!!!

EOJ

17. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    And just for variety's sake.
    Please More. :)

18. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
  19. SJade

SJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 15, 2000
    Oh wow! Well, what can I say but that I was tired, wanted to go to bed, but couldn't until I had read everything that was available about this fabulous AU :) And then... darn, too short ;) You've got to write more, much more of it please. I especially loved the escape and how Mara sneaked on him :) Good one :)

Write more please as soon as possible :)

SJ

20. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    Life is crazy and school starts Monday--Ack!!! But I'll try to have the next part up on Mon. or Tues.!!1

Thanks for reading!

21. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    I'm still reading this as well. :)

22. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    hey, good story!!! I really like the Luke/Mara and Leia/Han interaction.

some typos I noticed:
    "You may procee, general."

The vivid dreams and images of his simple childhood home evaporated like water under the harsh Tatooing suns

the Dark lord brought his son to his knees, lightsaber hel threateningly

Adrenaline receded crom his systm and so did his anger

your ow feeble attempt to escape,

23. sly_skywalker

sly_skywalker Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2001
    I love this fan fiction that you have wrote and would like to help if you need a beta reader or some fresh ideas. Anyway, great story. please don't keep us hanging too long. my email is sly_skywalker@yahoo.com
    chow!

24. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    I am so sorry about dropping off the face of the earth like this, but real life is calling. ): School has taken over and my printer just blew up, so I have to take some documents to a friend's to get printed. And as soon as I get done typing this, I have to go and finish cutting out the material for a formal dress I need to make in a great big hurry.

Let's say that sometime soon after the 15th, I will return with more of this story. Just sit tight until then. :)

So... I'll get caught up on replies really fast.

Mutley, Maija, Mariah, empress, sithlady, Katri Tai, Padawan Lunetta, bterrik, SJade, Rebelmom and lovelylea : Thank you for reading--I'm glad you enjoy it. There will be more soon!

Liz Skywalker: Oh no! typos! Alas, perfection has once again escaped my fragile grasp. I am writing this lovely story by the seat of my pants, so sometimes I'm so excited to post, I accidentally overlook some errors. Sorry! :) will try better next time.

Sly_Skywalker: Your offer is very kind, and yes I could probably use a beta. I will get in touch with you sometime after the 15th!

25. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    THE 15TH!!!!!!!!!

:faints:

EOJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.