main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Goodbye to a true Star Wars fan and truer friend

Discussion in 'Archive: Western Canada Regional Forum' started by Winterfrost, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winterfrost

Winterfrost Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2003
    Not sure if this is appropriate, but this is the best place and best form for a tribute I can offer right now.

I just wanted to say goodbye to a really great friend and dyed-in-the-wool Star Wars fan, Robin "Rob" James Blanke, who passed away suddenly on April 16, 2005.

His family is in Regina, and he lived in the Calgary area and Victoria/Vancouver more recently, so it's entirely possible that some of you out there may have known him through Star Wars or other dealings -- that was the seed for our initial friendship. If you did happen to know him, I would love to hear from you in PM.

His deep love of creativity and filmmaking always helped fuel my own, but I'll remember him for simple kindness and laughter.

There is a perfect obituary in today's Calgary Herald which I could never top.

Please don't offer me your condolences. There are others who deserve them much more. If you knew Rob and wish to contact his family, please PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.