Goodbye!

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by TIEace, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starstriker Jedi Youngling

I know we're getting off topic but lets also not forget that these people place military target in civilian areas. This is a violation of the Geneva conventions that seperates combatant from non combatant. They place their own people at risk. Legitimate armies don't hide troops in villages or put anti-aircraft guns on top of hospitals. We do our best to minimize collateral damage and punish those who disregard the rules of war.

"There is no such thing as a good war, With the exeption of the American revolution, World War Two and the Star Wars Trilogy."-Bart Simpson
  2. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    Thats an awesome quote! haha

Your right. Terrorists and the like don't have real armies and we do try to minimize civilian casualties. It's not our fault they are cowardly scum. But we have to stop them somehow.
  3. MaraJade75 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    what episode was that in? has anyone ever read the sw insider issue on the simpsons? it's great.
  4. TK7771 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Roy was just joking but your right.

No I wasnt [face_plain].

I truly believe we need to go over there and bomb the hell out of that place!!
  5. Starstriker Jedi Youngling

It was a first or second season episode. The one were Bart gets help from the surplus store guy with one arm to form all the other kids into an army to fight off Nelson and the other bullies. I think it was based on the dirty dozen. The quote is in the Simpsons Star Wars Insider.
  6. idarii Jedi Padawan

star 4
    hah i love that episode. especially when they bring the guy the water balloons and they say happy birthday on them, and he says "eh...i'd prefer they said 'death from above' but they'll do."

sadly i don't remember bart saying that. it's been a while since that one has aired.
  7. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    How old is that episode? I think they showed it repeatedly in the youth lounge at the hebrew school I use to go to. If I remember correctly, they also had a Return of the Jedi arcade game. All the games were rigged so you didn't have to pay. The only bad part was sometimes you had to wait in line to play.
  8. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    Why should we bomb the hell out of the place? We already did! No more bombing needed inless you want to deepen the craters. They have a somewhat democratic society. Those poor people have been through alot, they need time for old wounds to heal, not new ones to be created by more violence. It's a new country now, a democratic one that is in an alliance with us due to the fact that we created it.
  9. Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan

star 4
  10. TK7771 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Those poor people have been through alot,

And we havent?!?!?

Do I have to remind you what happen almost a year ago!?!?!?

Do you really think that it wont happen again??

I have no simpithy for those people!! After they slammed those planes into the WTC,they were cheering and partying in the street.They deserve a hell of alot more than what we already gave em'.We're not the ones who blantingly bomb non-military targets.They all hate Americans and pray for the day we are destroyed!!And if you trully believe that they have changed,I feel sorry for you my friend.It just a matter of time before some other tyranical terrorist leader from that country and region of the world strikes again!!

I for one have never been a trully hateful person.But when someone strikes against America on American soil,and on civilian buildings too!!They deserve more than just a fear of God!!
  11. Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan

star 4
  12. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    "they"
    man o man, "they" didn't do anything. "they" don't know much about the world besides that they are under an oppresive rule. "they" weren't allowed to have any news from the outside world.
    The people of Afghanistan didn't fly those planes into the Twin towers- Terrorists did. To say that all the people of Afghanistan were behind it, and for that matter all Arab people, is to be narrow minded. These terrorists might not be bad people if it weren't for the greedy and evil people who brainwash them(aka- people like Bin Laden).
  13. Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan

star 4
    True. :)

Edit:

Smeagol187: did you actually read the post?
    tdowe99: yes i did
    Smeagol187: agree or not?
    tdowe99: i agree with stuff you are both saying...
  14. TK7771 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    you cant be serious!!!

How about the so called wedding that was going on when Civilians were firing at an US Helicopter cause it was flying to close??

What about the fact that they give children guns,and teach em' how to be suicide bombers??

I'm sorry but if thats what you call democracy,but to me thats just plain wrong!!

EDIT:Smeagol187: did you actually read the post?
    tdowe99: yes i did
    Smeagol187: agree or not?
    tdowe99: i agree with stuff you are both saying...

umm...explanation please!!!
  15. Domestic_Base Jedi Youngling

That's it. I'm sick of reading this forum and finding these kinds of arguments. Shut up and talk about dimetapp and coke, or else.
  16. Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan

star 4
    And you are?

explanation please!!!

I try to see both sides of the arguement. I agree with Roy on some issues, and Dave on others. I'd rather not jump in the debate, cuz like the Emperor, I love to cackle from the sidelines. :)
  17. TK7771 Jedi Padawan

star 4
  18. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    Whoa, wait a minute- they were firing AKs into the air at a wedding in celebration. I'm sure it sounds funny but that is what they were doing. And we kicked every single one of them because of it. We thought they were members of Al Queda(sp?).

"What about the fact that they give children guns,and teach em' how to be suicide bombers??"

Now a days in afghanistan? Sorry, but that just isn't the case. And suicide bombings is a classic Palistinian thing to do. I don't recal a case of this...well, ever in afghanistan. If there has been one please tell me.
  19. TK7771 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Afghanistan,Palistinian,whatever!!

It still doesnt make it right!!Their all cowards!! They hide in towns,the put their armies(if thats what you wanna call em') in with women and children.I say Nuke the entire Middle East!!!
  20. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    You can't be serious!?

I like you Roy, but I can't argue with you about this anymore. You need to start reading about the history of the place and have some actual fact behind all of this before I can speak with you about this again. Just to damn frustrating.

and btw- if we destroyed the entire middle east, or even little parts of it with nuclear weapons, we would be poisoning ourselves with the radioactive shat that would be thrown into the air and blown all around the world.
    That shouldn't even be a thought running through anyones mind.
  21. TK7771 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey I like you to Dave(this argument is nothing personal),and I'm sorry you feel that way.But after last year I have a burning hatred for those people.I have a hard time walking past one of em in a mall,without wanting to smack em'.

Call it racism if you want,But I cant let it go!!

22. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    I'm sorry you feel that way.
  23. MaraJade75 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm sorry you feel that way too. I definitely felt that way for a while but it was shortlived. you can't blame the actions of individuals on a whole. In this case the taliban took over afghanistan. Prior to that that they had a decent government. Many of the changes only took place once the taliban took control. A lot of the afghanistans wanted the taliban out. Many don't support what the terrorists do. They deplore the terrorist acts. I've spoken to people who used to live in the country. they were professionals (doctors and such). there's more than just the images on tv. anyhow I've said what i wanted to say.

don't give in to hate
    that leads to the dark side
  24. TK7771 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I want to make an open appology to the group!!

My behavior yesterday was totally uncalled for.I was having a rough day and had a bad situation occure.It still was no excuse for snapping like I did.None of you (especially Dave) deserved any of that.

I truely am sorry,and promise to try and keep my Temper away from the boards from now on!!
  25. Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Apology accepted, Captain Roy... :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.