main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Goofs Gags and Doh's

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rancorasourous, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rancorasourous

Rancorasourous Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2006
    I was playing BF2 when my stormtrooper fell throgh the star destroyer floor. I was Crouch walking were the shuttle was supposed to be trying to do a cheat. The shuttle fell through the floor. I was playing another game and I crouch walked under V-Wing. Fell for 1 min.[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

2. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Now this is quality thread material right here folks.

Look at that opening post.

Beautiful.

3. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
  4. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    This thread can stay open if we discuss funny glitches etc that you encounter in any game, not just BF2.

5. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    When I play Half Life 2 on the X Box, sometimes when I shoot a combine, they stick into the wall.

6. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    *lock finger twitches* :p

In Donkey Kong 64, there was a map in Mulitplayer in which there was a lovely shortcut. You could just go through the wall and pop up on the other side. :D It was a nice trick. ;)

7. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Whenever I play Resident Evil 4, I get a semi.

8. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    This is more of a 'Doh!' moment, but I once squashed Kyle Katarn between a turbolift door and the ceiling:

"AAAAAARGGGGH...." (in slow motion!)

Truly, an inglorious way to go.

9. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    that happened to me in Doom3. Same elevator, 4 times in a row. Spiders backed me into the shaft a moment before it came down. 4 times!

10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I think that has happened to Kyle like a billion times.

That freaking ice level.

I tried playing KOTOR on my friends laptop...obviously graphics card not up to it. Talking to disembodied heads with hands floating about near them = freaky.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Stupid death in Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - Deathstick Factory level, toward the end where the circular lift takes you up to fight Montross. Jango standing where the lift lands wondering where it is...

Glitch death in same game - Prison Break-in level. Jango is crawling under the floor to find the bounty's cell. Turns corner and falls into black hole. Eventually dies after plummeting for a bit.

Maneuvers that led to death in same game - 'I think the jetpack will make it across there. No it won't either. ****!'

12. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    HAH is that last one about the one thing on coruscant? The ramp you have to slide down, then jump THEN jetpack and youll make it to the building then. Took me MANY tries.

13. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    Sliding down the wrong ramp in the Coruscant level of Bounty Hunter sucks. You may even know, about two seconds in, it's the wrong ramp, but by then it's far too late. You just gotta sit there and take the rather girly arm waggling he does as he falls.

14. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
  15. Rancorasourous

Sep 23, 2006
    When I plat B H, when i fall (you know that [face_dancing] dance he does in (no one see's a hutt unless they have sothing to offer) ) He does that when he falls. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

16. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    In Saints Row, during one of the Vice King missions, my car ended up getting stuck on the enviroment, with its rear end sticking up in the air at a 45 degree angle. I got so furious that I blew it up, and then failed the mission becuase the truck had to survive.

17. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    Not really a glitch but played Madden 07, and caught a 30 yard touchdown pass. It came under review because other team thought I was out of bounds. I was in bounds, and play stood. Won game 14 to 7.

18. Rancorasourous

Sep 23, 2006
    That reminds me, when i was playing Madden 04 I was Smith caught the ball at the 50 yard point, glitched, it shoot me to the T-zone. Counted as 3 TD's.[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

19. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    It's not a glitch but:

Once, I was playing multiplayer on Republic Commando with my frined, Larry. We were on the abandoned Republic Assualt Ship trying to kill eachother (of course). Larry had just pointed out to me that the ship made creepy noises and such, which kinda freaked me out.

So I was looking for him in the ship and he was hiding from me somewhere in the vents. I didn't know where he was because he was in the dark, plus everything in the ship looks the same. I crouch and walk into the entrance to the vents that Larry happens to be near. I slowly crouch-walk in, I didn't see anything. I slowly go back out, then go back in. I saw a glowing-blue "T" and a few lights. The next thing I knew, my character was dead.

Larry used a vibro-dagger which killed me.

The point? I nearly got a heart attack.

20. Rancorasourous

Sep 23, 2006
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Good enough!!![face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Im chocking I'm laughing so hard.[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] (Not sarcastic)

21. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    In Morrowind, I tried to jump in an abandoned basement in one of the cities, and Instead of landing on the floor, I went through the floor. I fell for nearly five minutes and suddenly, I was in the sky falling down, and for some odd reason, landed in Red Mountain. then I died, becasue there is no way a level 5 is going to survive an attack by the main bad guy in the game.:_|

22. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    I like jumping off of cliffs, etc in games to see how far the programmers developed the sections. In Return to Castle Wolfenstein, I love jumping over the dam and going all the way down to the bottom of the river.

Also, in Half Life 2 in the Highway 17 level near thee end when you go to that house by the bridge, if you jump into the river, you can see and hear fish swimming around you before the screen goes black.

23. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    Hah! That reminded me of two great moments

So in jedi academy theres a level on which you speederbike chase through this canyon. Its a relativly simple level, but I must say one of the funnest of the game. So I'm on a speeder and all of a sudden im surrounded in every direction by cultists on speeders. I take out my saber and start slashing them one by one. After a bit they back off, and so I grab a blaster and shoot them from far away. So anyway im going a turbo speed, shooting, and a speeder on each side of me catches fire. I'm looking at them, and looking where they will end up, and the two of them are going to collide 25 feet in front of me. By my splitsecond calculations thats where I will be at that moment too. I have just enough time to scream out the famous kenobi line 'Oh not good!' before the three of us collide and my body goes flying off the speeder in slow motion on impact.

The other story was in Battlefront 2. On polis massa I snuck into the top CP in order to attack the Clones from behind. So I'm being all sneaky and avoiding being seen, and I finnaly make it to a tall ledge above the CP. I sit there for bit sniping AI that spawn there. No players would spawn there in their right mind, because they have two CPs in front of this one. So I roll off the ledge and I am right in the middle of the CP marker. All off a sudden I hear 'The enemey has lost a CP' twice in a row rapidly. I look at the minimap, realizing that I'm about to be in the center of the action. Before I have time to do a thing, ten players spawn around me, I kid you not in a circle. All I could say is SH---- before I am blasted away from all angles with no less than seven rockets, emps and shotguns.

24. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    I remember playing BF 1 and having a member of my OWN squad squishing me with a giant foot of a AT-AT.

25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Actually the ramp on Coruscant didn't give me too many problems. The one on Coruscant that got me was where you have to go across the chasm from the nerf factory using the cargo cars as stepping stones. I used many expletives trying to get across that chasm...
    And the Death Stick Factory level with the electric floors and the green goo was just as bad. It was almost a relief to get past that and be killed by the Bando Gora snipers..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.