main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Google Safari

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Alakin_Marshwalker, May 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
  2. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    Hehe. Just one of my regular web comics. Kind of puts us in an interesting light.

Edit: Fixing the link.

3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Hilarious, Allard! Thanks forsharing!!!Dare I ask formore? :)

*Derisa*

4. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
  5. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    Gender Genie A sort of neat program that guesses your gender based on your writing style.

6. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    Here ya go, Alakin. Your thread is no longer so achingly empty. :p

Victor the talking Budgerigar

"When Victor started talking about God and the afterlife, it also solidified my belief in God as well. He said in one of his recordings that he was sad that people didn't believe in the bible enough and was worried that I might not make it to heaven because my beliefs were not strong enough. During the last day of his life he spent most of it standing in front of and staring at a picture of Jesus that my wife had set up in our bedroom."

Now I ask... does anyone think this guy is for real??????

-Vills

7. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    Arr! Had a highly amusing time with the gender genie...submitted a certain passage from one of my fics which is very different from my normal writing, involving graphic violence, and it thought I was male! Mwahahaha! I have fooled the genie! Put in the following scene and it read it as female, so that was right.

fascinating!

Claire

8. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    Thought of a great one to post up here...lots of fun to play with!

The Runecaster

Mind you, don't take it any more seriously than anything you see on the internet IE: Don't run your life by it, but it's plenty of entertainment on a long, boring day!

The mischevious one

9. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Alakin, I'm a bad poster. I had not checked out most of these links. :( Hope you find and post many more: these were way way way cool.

Georgette is HI-larious, but I had an awful lot of fun with the GenderGenie... I submitted seven different samples of my writing: four fiction, one blog and two non-fiction: apparently I'm a guy.

Not that that is news to me, but... interesting, nonetheless.

The budgie one might have been cooler if I had a sound card on this thing. Oh well, whatever. :)

Runecaster is way cool. I wish there were an online Tarot reading generator... :)

Thanks so much for sharing, everyone, no go find more cool fun sites to waste time on! :)

*Derisa*

10. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    Your wish is my command. Free Tarot!

It has quick registration but we are all used to getting tons of junk mail so what is one more site selling our addy? Oh, and if you are interested, I do amateur readings for free in person.

11. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    We could trade, Alakin. :) I also do tree oracle, and Sionnach has runes... Light, we could have our own metaphysical fair. :)

*Derisa*

12. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    Come one, come all..Metaphysical free for all. See the amazing oracle guess the number of toes you have! Tarot reveals the color of your hair and Runecasting that informs you of your gender. (For entertainment purposes only.)

13. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
  14. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
  15. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Just thought I'd thank the person who found the gender genie.

I put in a chunk of Not the Worl'd Greatest Babysitters... it thought I was male. :p

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

16. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Ah, that would be our own Alakin, the genious behind the creation that is our Google Safari thread. :)

I put three samples of my writing in that thing, and apparently I write posts like a guy, but fanfic like a girl. Who knew? :p

Nice to see you here, btw, DOY. Welcome!

- Rani

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
    The more you know, the less you fear.

17. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    according to the gender genie I'm a guy, no matter what I'm writing: Fic, blog, long-assed emails, or essays. I tried with about eight different samples of my writing. Cool, I guess, if not really all that surprising. :)

*Derisa*
    (I am, unfortunately, female)

18. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Actually, here's an interesting little thing...

I ran all the vignettes from Reflections (first person monologues) through that gender genie. (I'm having way too much fun with it. :p)

Funny thing is, all the ones from the point of view of male characters came up male... but the ones from the point of view of females all came up female!

19. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    That's really cool! It kinda shows you're really "getting into the heads" of your characters, no easy feat sometimes! I ought to run though some of my fic samples where I "channelled" Wes Janson, and see what happens...

And back to the topic of the thread, here's one stop to add to the websurfin' safari: let me introduce you to the vintage game of Mancala, but played with silly-looking animated snails with jet-packs on their backs!

- Rani

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
    The more you know, the less you fear.

20. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Wow, that game is amazingly fun. The snails make it worth it. :D

I've run all my other fics through the gender genie. They all came up male... then I realized they were all from a male point of view. :D

Alhthough now I'm trying to figure out why I never use a female point of view. :p

21. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
  22. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    Addicting Games A site with a huge listing of free games. Anyone who has played Collapse knows the potential danger here. Click if you dare....

23. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    Alakin, you're EVIL! That silly aquarium game just stole two hours of my life away from me... :D

24. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Run any sample of text, or an entire website, though the gematriculator and it will tell you what percent good or evil the sample is.

Victoria forum rated 13% Evil, 87% Good, while the
    Terms of Service rated 42% Evil, 58% Good.

`nuff said. :D

25. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Just when you thought the world didn't have enough animated Harry Potter Handpuppets, these wackos prove you wrong.

There's a hidden link in "Trouble at Hogwarts", that appears briefly when Snape gets zapped - look for the star-shaped bolt of magic. You have to pause the film to find it.

- Rani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.