main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gool Ol' Palpy to the Rescue - *short humor scene*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Apr 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Good Ol' Palpy to the Rescue

I?m sure most of you have heard of my arrival on board the second Death Star. I can assure you that it?s not the grim funeral that people make it out to be. I?m Emperor Palpatine. Yep, that supposedly dark and evil old geezer who enslaved the galaxy. Not quite what you expected, is it?

Actually, Darth Vader had organized a surprise party for the occasion. I tell you, that man has a heart of gold! The whole staff was cheering me on because I had just returned from receiving the ?Helping Hands to Improve our Neighborhood of Coruscant? award. I had taught the elderly ladies of Coruscant Nursing Home how to change the carburetors in their airspeeders, as well as giving them driving lessons. I have the loveliest picture of us on my nightstand: me surrounded by the group of them wearing their leather jackets and holding their canes up in the air. Aaah, the memories?

Well, as I was saying, Darth Vader had organized a surprise party for my return. Most thoughtful of him. When I disembarked from my private shuttle my stormtroopers were lined up to cheer me on. All the officers in their matching olive-green uniforms went leaping down the aisle ahead of me, throwing rose petals up in the air (Darth Vader later informed me that they spent weeks practicing with a dance choreographer to get all the twirls and spins right). There were droids spinning in circles on one foot at regular intervals, sending small electrical sparks shooting out like fireworks.

And after that, the pool party. And what a party it was! While Darth Vader and I were sunbathing some stormtroopers linked arms and began to sing ?Sunshine on my shoulders.? I tell you, it made my heart glow to see everyone getting along and having a good time. Off in the corner the bridge crew was doing the limbo to the Macarena. Some rascal had spiked the Mandalorian Fizz Punch and a everyone was getting a little rowdy. A few stormtroopers were taking joy rides on the miniature rolling messenger droids. Oh, it was a night to remember.

I?m sure you know the rest of the story. All good things must come to an end, which is why all the lights and comm systems were turned low the next day as everyone got over their hangovers. And Darth Vader and I, of course, got a wonderful tan line.

2. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    yeah! Go Palpy!

--Mr. P

3. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    LOL. A follow-up, please, on the throne room scene?

4. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    *laughs her head off* I love it! Go Palpy! Yeah! See, the Sith do know how to party!

5. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    LOVE IT! ROFLOL!

6. Yoda's Twin Sister

Yoda's Twin Sister Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2000
  7. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheh, thanks!! I don't have a follow-up scene written, but my friends wrote one a while ago. I'll ask them if I can post it here.

8. Padawan Chiaru.

Padawan Chiaru. Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 1999
    Palpy! You party animal you!
    LOL

9. Combustible Insect

Combustible Insect Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2000
    Did you ask your friends yet, gimpy?

[This message has been edited by Combustible Insect (edited 05-23-2000).]

10. Kitster aka Boba Fett

Kitster aka Boba Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    What kind of music is everyone putting in their fan films? This is what I plan to put in mine:

Star Wars Main Theme, Emperor's Theme, "Control" by Traci Lords, Learning About the Force, Qui-Gon's Noble End, Duel of the Fates, "Higher" by Creed, Star Wars Credits, and some more music that I still have to decide.

What about you?

11. Wedge33

Wedge33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2000
    One of these things is not like the other...

How is the Creed song gonna fit in? It doesn't exactly go with the rest. For that matter neither does "Control," but I like that song. I could see how it might fit in if it's utilized properly (i.e., fight scene, action scene, etc.).

For Shards of Power I'm using mostly Star Wars orchestral. But I'm using some Crystal Method in the trailer. In our other film Highlander: Ascension, we're using just whatever sounds good, regardless of genre.

12. Kitster aka Boba Fett

Kitster aka Boba Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    At the time, I thought Creed would go good with my ending because I saw it on the Titan A.E. commercial and I thought it would go good with how the main character becomes a hero. And "Control" is for a training sequence.

13. Qui-Dawn Jinn

Qui-Dawn Jinn Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 1999
    I've actually found myself wondering whether anyone has considered using Gregorian chants as part of the scoring....there are some portions of certain chants that at times I think *could* work to establish an appropriate mood, then at other times I'm not quite so certain....so I'm just curious as to whether others have bruited about this notion or whether it's just me. ::grin:: By far it wouldn't be the only thing I'd be using, to be sure....but I was merely curious as to the thoughts of others on the matter....

14. Flamberge

Flamberge Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2000
    I will most likely use Carmina Burana for the final fight scene, since everyone is using the (very cool) DOTF music. Maybe I will use that for the final final final battle. Other music I am toying with are sound track music from Full Metal Jacket (very cool) and music from a few CDROM games. I have preedited some lightsaber fight sound effects (lots of swinging and slashing) and then played it along with several types of songs and music to see what fits the best. So far I don't have that perfect match I am looking for, but there are several that will work in case I never find the perfect fight song. Then again, there is always DOTF!

15. EV9D9 ROTJ

EV9D9 ROTJ Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2000
    DOTF is a very good song, but I can't hear it anymore. Everybody ist using it, so I wont use ist in my film (if I'm going to make one). I wont use any double-bladed-lightsaber-scene too.

I thought of the Music from the Game "Force Commander". Does anyone know, where I can download it (not the 3 tracks LucasArts already published) or how I can extract it from the game?

I also thought of some Music by Jean Michel Jarre, Hanz Zimmer, Marc Mancina, and something from the Star Trek VI and First Contact Soundtracks. Maybe some Tracks from the Resident Evil Games.

Greetz
    EV9D9

[This message has been edited by EV9D9 ROTJ (edited 06-01-2000).]

16. Jean

Jean Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Upping for the move

17. Exxaciel

Exxaciel Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    AAAAAHHH!! (Eye twitches uncontrollably at the thought of the images in this fic)

18. Shiro-Oni

Shiro-Oni Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2005
    LMAO! "And their canes in the air" That line just cracks me up. Maybe it's just me.

BTW,I'm using the linkin park song,"One step closer" for my Climatic saber battle. thats the only real song I'm using.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.