main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive GOONS: Blood, Guts and Fire, on Mars and Beyond!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Vangarian, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    IC: "Patient seems to be at a lose as to where he's from...noted. Epstien entered on her data pad the info.
    Well, Dr. Doe try and get some rest. I'll be checking in on you from time to time between now and tomorrow in the A.M. Hmmm, your urine's color is improving. That's a relief, pardone the pun." She smiled as she checked the cathiter bag. "If something starts going amiss, pain, etc. press the call pad on the inside of the bed marked with the red cross. I'll be looking in on you later this evening. In the mean time...you heal. Please.

OOC: As Dr. Epstien walks out, it occurs to you that you're in good hands here at Chryse Planitia Base. Shortly after she leaves your eyes get heavy and you once again drift off to sleep. Perchance to dream.

2. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    OOC: OK, You're just going to use your imagination here John, because I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to post this kind of stuff...

IC: I have a 'dream' of Dr. Epstien.

3. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: Uh-huh. Yeah, rrriiight...well she is in the dream and she helps you out in getting you prepared for some kind of mission. That's as best as you can remember the dream. You awaken to find Nimrod in the infirmery staring out of the room's one window. Your body and state of mind is back to normal. All in all you feel pretty good, even well rested.

IC as Nimrod: (Next day) "Morning, Doc. Doctor E tells me your back in the pink again, for the most part. We got a few questions answered from the tech boys on quite a few things. We also got a few prisoners from that downed saucer that were hiding away in the power generating section near the center. They're being interigated as of this moment. Epstien says if you'd like you're well enough to stroll down to the caffateria for some chow if you want and we have got some things to talk about anyways. Theres's a change of clothes for you on the chair next to your bed. Epstien and I will be waiting outside." Nimrod turns around and strides out of the infirmery.

OOC: I'll be out of town for the next two days as I'll be doing a pick up from somewhere in Utah and a delivery somewhere in AZ.

4. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: Still feeling a little sore, I get out of bed, walk to the door, and ask Miss E if she wouldn't mind helping me get dressed...[face_whistling]

5. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    In Game: After Dr. E talks you through your dressing forey and corrects the misalignment of your shirt's button's sequence with the proper button holes, the both of you go see Colonel Decker over at the briefing/debriefing room in the administration building. Along the way she tells you of the progress the Software Interdiction Department has made with repairing the damage done to the Martian Network by Van DeCamp's mischief. She also informs you that Attila's Biopod and Kato's body have been cremated and that a new biopod has been installed with a beta of Kato's memories in Attila's old combat chassi.

"SID has been busy augmenting the software for this new member of the crew. This one's called Alpha 32/Xerxes. The memory downloads are holding nicely and the personality is melding well with the upgrades. No one had the heart to call him by Attila-and Kato was worse-as it was too painful for Nimrod, Bowie, Ironman. Not to mention this would be a bit confusing for Dai Wu as well. Everything else is going to be need to know once we get to the meeting."

6. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: "Oy. All this mind-and-body-switching is making my head hurt AGAIN!!!"

7. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: As the two of you are walking towards the administration building, you notice a huge hanger towards the end of the ferrocrete landing field. The hanger doors are open and you see the huge saucer that was downed back at Hebe Chasm sitting inside. Plasma welders are arcing flashes of electrically charged repair welds from custumized alloy wire feeding into the cracks and holes resulting from the earlier battle.

IC: "Uh, we won't go there, again! Thank you very much!" Epstien softened and said, "Besides, you've been
    through enough for one life time. As short as it is to date."

8. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: "I agree. That's why I'm trying to settle down! Interested? ;)

9. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC "Ahem! Let's not go there either, please."

Epstien turned and looked at the distant hanger with its captured prize, shook her head and furled her brow in contemplation.

"They've been working on it since it was brought back under its own power from Hebe. They made sure that they had coverage from Phobos Base while it was in transit."

10. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: "Hmm. Reminds me of the time when you came to me under your own power. You'll warm up to me sooner or later, sweetheart."

11. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC: Epstien turned on Doe her face inches from his and spoke with a hurt tone in her voice. "Dr. Doe, don't make the mistake of assuming my concern for your wellbeing is a demonstration of affection or a sign of physical attraction towards you. Because you'd simply be wrong." Epstien turned away and walked off towards administration alone at a fast pace merging with a group of personnel heading the same way.

12. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
  13. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC as Xerxes: "Swings and misses. He's out. No runs, no hits, and two errors," says a voice from behind.
    "Sorry that you got burned twice Doc but she really is married... quite happily too."

14. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: "Ouch. Thanks, ex. Let's see if we can fix this..." I say, and begin to run to catch up with her.

15. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    In Game: After a brief stop in at the head Dr. Epstien exited and came face to face with John Doe and Xerxes.

"Mayam, Mr. Doe here has something to say to you and begs your indulgence," spoke Xerxes.

16. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: "Sorry, ma'am. I was just messin' with ya. What say you and me be friends?" I say, at first hanging my head, then looking up (or down) at her. "I could use some help sorting all this out".

17. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC as Dr. Epstien: "Dr. Doe I can take a joke now and then but it can be difficult being a physician when I have to be in tune with a patient's needs at a time when that patient is in critical condition or worse, in a life or death emergency. I can't help it if I go into empathic mode when the pressure is on to save some one's life because I'm a fighter not a pacifist. That's the way I operate otherwise I'd be very clinical and aloof and that is not my style. Got it, tiger?" she said.

18. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: "Yes, ma'am. Your husband is a very lucky man. I'd be lucky to end up with a woman half as beautiful and intelligent as you."

19. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC as Epstien and Xerxes: "Thanks for the compliment. I'll try not to let it go to my head," she said smiling. "Xerxes isn't the meeting due to start in about five."

"Yes Dr. Epstien and if we head straight there we'll just about find a seat before the preliminaries begin."

"That sounds like an invitation to be on time if I ever heard one. What say we beat feet over to briefing room 10 and get seated then. Hey you'll even get a chance to meet my other half, when we're finished with what Decker wants to show and tell us."

With that spoken the three of you head straight to briefing room 10 at a quick pace.

TAG JD:

20. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    [face_worried]

IC: While walking, I turn to ask her, "So, Dr., how and when did you meet this lucky man?"

21. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC as Dr. Epstien:

"Well we were both assigned to Chryse Planitia as Marine Brats under the DOD's Family Transplant Progaram to Mars. We met shortly after entering military indoctrination through the newly formed Mars Defense Branch Academy. Terry was training for cyberwarfare while I chose medical. Some of our classes were cross overs with each other's curriculum. Between the two of us, we figure we could put together our own Dragoon, if we put our heads together," she spoke then laughed. "He's really quite brilliant at what he does."

Xerxes being several paces ahead of the both of you, slows to a stop and then turns left into the cafateria. The number "10" is stenciled on the door frame overhead of the entrance.

"He and Shiela will be attending this meeting the same as us."

The both of you enter the cafateria together. Inside from Administration are Colonel Decker. From Special Forces are Lt. Colonel Alpha-16 (Nimrod), Lt. Alpha-203(Bowie),Lt. Alpha-19 (Dai Wu), joined by Lt. Alpha-32 (Xerxes). Also from Security Major Charlse Finnian and Chief Master Sergent Ted Gorrun. From Maintenance and Fabrication Dept. Major Sal Ropper, Lt. Steve Danials and Private Kevin Biswald (Earplugs). From Software/EchoTeam/Interdiction Major Frank Perez, Shiela Kessler, Lt. Terry Epstien and Lt. Kyle Jeffries. From Aviation/Transportation, Aviator/Astronaut Captain Paul Tanner, Lt. Torri Burns, Lt. Sidney White, Lt. Ava Rutgers.

As you enter Room 10 aka The Cafateria, you look at everyone in attendance...and do a double take on Lt. Kessler. Everyone else appears to you in black and white, but Lt. Shiela Kessler is in full color. She seems to be looking at you too. Then just as quickly turns her attention back to murmured converstion with Lt. Epstien. Coffee is being served to those seated around the giant meeting table. Yeah mon she's HOT! (Blond, Blue eyed, a Face to die for and Statuesque too. Instantly you know she's a Fabricant like yourself.) You and Dr. Epstien Take up your respective places at the meeting table. She by herself representing Medical, you with Special Forces. You are seated next Xerxes. Nimrod turns and looks at you and nods his head.

"I hope you're up for some brainstorming, Dr. Doe because I think this is going to be a real big think tank session."

TAG JD:

22. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: After staring at Shiela for what seemed like DAYS, I finally realize that Nimrod was talking to me, and as smoothly as possible say, "Psh... no problem... [face_love][face_hypnotized] "

23. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC: Nimrod picking up on your direction of stare makes a throat clearing sound at you and says, "Doctor Doe? Are you having a relapse? Your temperature is rising as is your heart rate and resperation. Did the walk prove to be too much too soon for you Doctor Doe?" :p

24. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: Clearing my throat FOR REAL, I retort, "You're just jealous that robots don't have feelings!"

OOC Edit: I just realized that that makes no sense (jealousy is a feeling), but I guess JD's "head" is in other places, so I'll just leave it as so.

25. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC: "Hey, Doc. I hate to pop your bubble, but...I'm not a robot...so I'm not jealous that robots don't have feelings...In fact, I could care less if they don't have feelings. You however can't seem to realise that. Must be the outer shell that throws you huh? Look deep Doc. Look deep. By the way...she's got an elevated heart rate, breathing rate and temperature too. So she must think I'm hot." :p ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.