main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive GOONS: Blood, Guts and Fire, on Mars and Beyond!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Vangarian, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC:
    "Sure, I'll help. But just so you know, I'm not into guys, Tanner. You might want to try Ironman or Nimrod, though, since even Robots have... urges..."

2. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: Poor JD he just can't seem to do anything except misread everyone else's quotes. Why is he talking to Tanner when Tanner hasn't even shown up yet, let alone is even in ear shot of JD. Sigh. Yeah, yeah, I know oops sorry, I must have misread your last post. Not to worry, just have another cup of coffee and wake up already. I'll have Kato read your last post the way you intended it as far as his proper pronoun is concerned.

IC: "So tell me, Lieutenant Doe. Are you into Robots instead? :D Just kidding, Lt. Yeah, at any rate some of the equipment got knocked loose and I figured a team of two men could get this place back in shape for Nimrod's and Ironman's return with, hopefully Lieutenant Tanner in one piece. What's your location? We'll meet up there and get this project fired up."

Tag all

3. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC:
    "I meant to call you Tanner... really...[face_worried]
    Let's meet in the mess hall. Why? MED TECH NEEDS COFFEE!!!"

4. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC:
    "Yo, JD! What's up? How's paranoia? I've got the brew master on full tilt, here in the condiments dispensery. Did you want the special for today? I believe it's called a Racktageno ," Kato says from his W.T., with a big grin. :D [:D]

5. jedipassion

jedipassion Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2007
    ooc: hahaha so not right man <.<

IC: Ironman

"well time to get to work on the hulling." Ironman mutters to himself as he walks outside and uses his arm to lactch onto the hull and begins working on it.

Tag: all

6. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC: As Nimrod.
    Nimrod entered with equipment deemed necessary for the rescue mission of Paul Tanner, turned and looked in Ironman's direction. "I'll be back with a field medkit in case he's in rough shape. We can just about convert this baby into an ambulance if needed. The RATO bottles and their accompanying ignitors should be in the back cage storage room, that and the para-sail-chute for the return back down. Anything else you can think of, that we might need, private?" asked Nimrod.

Tag: I.M. or J.D.

7. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: This is where I introduce the main antaganist.

The Story Continues...

The howling winds carried many things across the surface of Mars, from the smallest of dust particules to the loudest of sounds. The sounds of hover blowers arose as four hovercrafts raced westward north of Ophir Chasma at 100 mph. A combination of infrared scanners and radar kept the four travelers on course and avoiding, not only each other but the larger rocky debris spread across the ruddy Martian landscape.

Centrally located within the personnel section of the leading hovercraft, a full conversion Wiseman cyberspace commando sat in a control chair. He was equipped with a special military grade high speed interface, wetware tailored for satellite uplink to the Martian Globel net. He worked the net to cover his tracks, just as his team of pilots used the sand storm to conceal their transportation of soldiers and equipment sent to recover their target item on board the downed freighter's pod. Their target was vulnerable but not yet in their possession. He checked again for tell tale signs from his back door into the North American base at chryse Planitia. The digital portal was now slammed shut and the worm virus was eradicated from the weather station network. That was sign enough.

"So, you are awake to my tactics are you?" If he could have smiled, Victor Van de Camp would have. A smile was impossible to accomplish with a head incased in metal and ceramics. Never the less, he knew he'd have his prize soon enough and then he'd be on his way to Isidis Planitia and a very wealthy future. Still it would be prudent to increase their pace to the crash site, now that Chryse Planitia was alerted to their tampering.

"Increase our velocity by twenty percent for the remainder of the journey to Hebe Chasma. The North Americans now know of our involvement in the weather observation system. If they even suspect we're enroot to the carsh site it could prove to be more than a little challenging." The Pilots acknowledged and increased speed. //Soon, very soon now,// thought Victor.

Tag: J.D., Ironman

8. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC:

Jump to after the Crawler's Outfitting and Preparation, to it's Exit from the Cargo Pod's Crawler Bay.

IC:

"Kato. We're clear of the bay ramp," said Nimrod. "Homing scanner is activated and we're heading for the wall. Will keep in contact as long as possible."

"Copy that Nimrod. When you're out of range I'll start house cleaning in earnest for our next guest. Hey I.M. don't let him micromanage the mission or he'll take full credit for it all," said Kato.

Tag: Guys...guys?

9. jedipassion

Sep 9, 2007

"dont worry i wont let take on the full mission himself, not like he could anyway."

Tag: Kato

10. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    OOC:
    Where am I exactly? Am I going out in the Crawler or sitting back waiting for them to return? If ut's up to me, I vote for the Crawler...

11. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC:
    "Copy that, Ironman. I'll have things ship shape for your return."

OOC:
    Ok. You're in the crawler with a fresh cup of Raktageeno. Alpha-16 is working the scanners. Ironman is driving the Crawler.

12. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    OOC
    OK, then just let us know when we arrive.
    BTW, I'm ignoring the word in Blue...

13. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    The crawler traveled along the Hebe Chasm's great wall until an erosion path was found. After two drones had been dispatched to investigate the path it was discovered that it reached to the upper plateau along a 45 degree climb.

"JD, we don't know how badly off Tanner is going to be from his ordeal. We'll both try to help you in whatever manner he'll be needing for treatment," spoke Nimrod. "I just hope this doesn't turn out to be some kind of elaborite plot to releave us of the cargo".

"Hey, Ironman. I'm getting a weak signal. It just started a few seconds ago. It seems to be getting stronger as we climb," spoke Nimrod. Twenty five minutes later they crested the top of the wall's sloped side.

"There," shouted Nimrod. "Over to the left near those hazy mounds."

Ironman brought the crawler about and gunned the turbines to a quick acceleration. Suddenly the mounds began to move on an intercepting course towards Tanner as well. They weren't mounds!

TAG! Guys.

14. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC
    "Umm, guys, I don't think I can heal this Tanner guy. He seems to have turned into lumps of dirt!"

15. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC: As Nimrod.

"JD I hate to correct you at a time like this, but dirt mounds don't move by themselves, nor do they radiate heat signatures from hover fans," whispered Nimrod. "Ironman target their weapons as soon as you reach that cover to the right of the right most hovercraft's position. When they start figuring out what's happening we can hook into they're midst and rip 'em up. Go! Go! Go!"

Ironman gunned the crawler to the indicated cover in seconds flat.

Tag, Ironman! Time to do some plinking!

16. jedipassion

Sep 9, 2007

"alright it party time!!"Ironman exclaims as he mans the guns and begins firing at the dirt mounds "alright yall lets take these 'mounds' down!"

Tag:all

17. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC:

Nimrod popped open the upper hatch and leveled his Gauss Cannon at the clearest targets and began sending round after round into each mound, turned Hovercraft, turned airconditioned object. "Head into their midst!" he bellowed, "We've got their attention. Ironman take targets center to left, I'll take targets center to right. Mow'em down!"

Nimrod punched some more Hovercraft with lightning fast rounds when a large wave of dust hit the battle field at a crucial moment. All targets where temporarily lost even on infra-red optics.

"This is not a good time for this crap to happen," he hissed. "Ironman! Shut down and make like your one of them! I'll bail and get Tanner and bring him here! If I'm not back in ten it's your show! Make 'em bleed! I'll see if I can make life hell for these wannabe apes!" he yelled. In the next, instant Nimrod leaped out of the access hatch and made for the general direct from which he last spotted Tanner's figure and signal.

Tag: I.M. J.D.

OOC: Fill in the Center to left fire burst first. There must be joy there. Think of Future Weapons's Host with the new M-134 Minigun lighting up with tracers in the stream as he hoses targets. He-he-he. Oh yeah baby!

18. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC
    "Forget him, let's get the hell out of here!!!"
    I try to take the controls of the ship and ditch Nimrod...

19. jedipassion

Sep 9, 2007

"JD what are you doing!?!?!? ironman says trying to wrestle the controls away sending them closer and closer to the surface possibly heading for a crash landing.

Tag: Zedd

20. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC
    "Hey, you shoot, I drive!"

21. jedipassion

Sep 9, 2007

"well then why did you say so?" Ironman says turning over the controls to JD and making way towards the guns.

22. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC
    I leave Nimrod in the dust-mounds as I scream sweet victory!

23. jedipassion

Sep 9, 2007

Ironman looks at JD and thinks to himself everything is going to plan soon i will have to cargo... "JD head towards the cargo while i fire at the mounds!"

Tag: JD

24. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC
    JD pilots the ship towards the cargo and thinks to himself everything is going according to plan, and soon Nimrod will be dead!

Tag: Vangarian -- shouldn't you be stopping us or something? [face_shame_on_you]

25. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: Are you kidding? It's nice to see you two taking off on a tangent for a change. I mean we've only got three parties out to get the special cargo. Let's see who wins out.

IC: With dust laden wind whipping about, Nimrod was forced to use subsonic echo ranging to see his way around. Following Tanner's direction and last known position, he sprinted his way towards the coordinates. Upon arrivel tanner was no where to be seen. Further travel brought Nimrod to the edge of the Hebe Chasm's drop off point. A sudden thought occured to him and Nimrod began searching for Tanner's figure below the edge of the Chasm's lip. Thirty yards to the left he found Tanner on a shelf almost 100 feet down. He was sprawled out flat and not moving. Nimrod drove a spike into the rocky crust, attached a line and rapeled down to where Tanner lay. When He reached the shelf where Tanner lay, he extended his arm to him only to find that Tanner was holding out a Whilly Gun.

"Identify yourself or we're going to have a really bad day," he yelled. Alpha-16 stepped back.

"Captain Tanner, I'm here to get you out of here before they spot you again and capture you for leverage and information. The cargo pod is still intact and is being prepped for combat in the event that they spot it. I'm Captain Alpha-16, call sign Nimrod. I and my team were assigned to guard the special cargo throughout the transfer from Aristarchus Base on Luna. Are you hurt in any way?"

"No. I just got the wind knocked out of me is all." Tanner got up and hung his whilly gun on his shoulder. "Did you come for me on your own?"

"No. I brought the physician and our scout. They're back at the crawler taking out the competition. I hope!"

Tag: JD...Ironman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.