main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive GOONS: Blood, Guts and Fire, on Mars and Beyond!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Vangarian, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003

2. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    OOC: I don't suppose I can get into the safe, can I?

3. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: Nothing ventured nothing gained. Now if MR. IRONMAN would care to do a little assist it would be so very cool!

IC As Attila & Bowie: Upon hearing Van DeCamp's ultimatum both Attila and Bowie knew what had to be done. As one they leaped under the chassie of the crawler and shimmied to the front of the doors in record time. Once there they fired infrared defeating smoke grenades into the atrium surrounding the cargo vault. Both of them followed up with a pair of High Explosive Mini Rockets aimed at the opposing doors. The Corner Guns knee jerked in response and homed in on the opposing side's doors. "Ya' want to live forever?" Bowie yelled "Move it or lose it, Doc!"

Tag: Ironman, John Doe.

4. jedipassion

jedipassion Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2007
    ooc: im sorry yall but i feel as if im going to have to drop from this rp i just dont feel the connection in it. The decision isnt final though, but ill let you know when it is. (Future note: Tomorrow 4-6 pm wont be home, next week tuesday and wednsday i wont be home so yea.)

IC: Ironman

Ironman stays in the same spot not exactly sure of what to do right now. "man these missions were never easy, i shoulda taken the blue pill and become an accountant like my mother said so... I glad i didnt."

Tag: any

5. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    OOC: If you (John) still want to do this, then...

IC: I yell, "Aww, Ironman, I feel so bad for you! I go to Med school for 10 years and this is what I end up doing?!?"

6. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC as Attila and Bowie: Attila and Bowie both fire pitons with strong carbon fibre
    lines attached into the far wall beyond the opposing doors they shot out with the heat
    rounds. This done they quickly connected the carbon lines to the crawlers emergency reals.

Attila signals Ironman with an ultraviolet pointer laser using broadband frequencies to
    communicate at high speed.

The message reads When the crawler chassie roles through,
    use it for cover from the hard point guns in the corners opposite you we'll take out the
    one in the back corner. Get ready!

In Game: J.D. you hear a twin bam as two pitons steak though the attrium faster than your
    eyes can follow. They are attached to two carbon fibre lines that unfirl as the pitons
    race down range to the wall at the opposite end of the cargo pod.

IC as Van Decamp: The wiseman scanned through the security record files and choked back
    and oath upon seeing the special container being spirited away by an onboard Technician
    along with full body conversion IEC Dragoon. Two other Dragoons of similar build were in
    attendance and remained behind to guard the cargo pod. No wonder his Burroghs were being
    taken out. No point in staying. He signaled the other two hovercrafts to accompany his,
    out of here. He'd have to search for these two other ones and take the prize from them.
    Van DeCamp uplinked to the overhead satellite network and connected with his sponsor for
    an assist from his sponsors other resources. That done, he prepared to retreat to his
    hovercraft and withdraw. The Fusion Generator was set to overload its magnetic bubble and
    explode upon his distance having reached 20 kilometers from the cargo pod. The wiseman
    turned and raced out from the security station. As he neared the exit he felt more than
    heard the approach of one of his hover craft. Something was wrong. It was approaching too
    fast! He heard the repeated boom of its 20mm guass cannon as it targeted something and
    fired twice, then a third time! The approaching hovercraft raced by. Van DeCamp sprinted
    to his hover craft and dove in.

"Get us out of here," he screamed at the pilot as he acquired his footing and stood. "Go, go,
    go!" The pilot expertly shot out of the shadow of the cargo pod and raced off towards the
    erosian path they'ed come down by way of. 20 kilometers, he thought, just give me 20 kilometers

Tag JD, Ironman?

7. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    OOC: So, let me get this straight: Somebody already took the Carbon Death, We're all going to explode when VDC gets 20km away, and what else?

8. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: Oh my Stars and Garters! No its not Hank Mckoy of X-Men, but it does appear to be Nimrod poking his head out of his acquired Hover Craft's top hatch. When Van DeCamp pulled out it gave you guys the opportunity to evac from the attrium under the cover of the Crawler,s protective armor body. Once clear of that, you're invited to board the Borrowed Hover Craft. (which incidently has room for you, plus four IEC Dragoons plus a scout model.) When you all are on board, you get in and buckle up. The race is on to see who gets clear of the Cargo Pod. No you don't shoot Nimrod, since you need him to drive the thing.

9. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Cool. Well I'm going to do that. (I'll just shoot him in my head...)

10. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: In your head he turns and looks at you with glowing eyes and says, "If you try that I'll set my fusion reactor to blow too."

11. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    OOC: In my head, I pull out my gun, he sets his fusion reactor to blow, but there is a malfunction and he just blows up (not a big fusion reactor explosion, just a little non-JD-harming explosion)

12. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: Dream on Hermon. (Heh, Heh) Ok, back to game.

In Game: As you all race away at a hair raising speed of 120mph, you see the dust trail of your group's opponent ahead of you by about a mile. Your Hover Craft's gauss cannon is operational. Nimrod surrenders the wheel to Tanner, looks at you and says, "Say Colonel, Doe. Are you into surgical gauss gunning? Because if my eyes aren't lying to me, it looks like we got one heck of a pathogen up ahead of us right now. Care for a little target practise with me? Maybe if we slow him down it'll delay what he's got planned for that portable fusion reactor back at the pod."

13. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: "Just as long as I actually do get my 'Colonel' rank this time, Nimwit!"

14. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC: "Sure Colonel whatever you say," said Nimrod. "Now about that target practice up ahead."

Nimrod grabs his Gauss rifle and pops open the left most top hatch and climbs up to position himself for a clear shot. "Feel free to hop in the gunnery couch, 'Colonel'. See what you think of this baby's sight reticle and don't forget to pop on the ear protection cause that cannon is very loud when it shoots", he said. "Attila, Bowie see if you two can link up with Dai Wu and Kato. Give them a heads up on that Fusion explosion we're all expecting any second now. Tell them to drop, duck and cover.

"Yes sir," they both chimed.

15. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: Aww, so you don't think my skull is too thick and my hearing might be damaged?? That's so sweet, Nimmy. But, sorry, like I said before, I'm just not into robots.

Now let's get shooting!"

16. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    In Game: The reticle swings into position over your right eye and you see an enlarged view of the Hover Craft ahead of you. It starts to zig zag and it's turret swings around to face your hover craft.
    "you've got one easy shot, Colonel before Tanner has to start evasive manuvers. Make it count," says Nimrod and fires his hand held gauss cannon.

OOC: The firing control is right in front of your right hand. (A Joy stick.) Once you position the cross hairs on your target press the lock button, then press the fire button to hit. The gauss cannon is gyro stabilized to improve your, to hit ratio.

17. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: "Umm, what happens if I hit the Carbon Death?!?!"

18. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC: "Umm, what happens if I hit the Carbon Death?!?!"[/quote]

IC: As Nimrod, Attila, Bowie and Tanner. "Not a problem, Colonel," piped Bowie. "Kato and Dai Wu have the C.D. in there hot little hands. They've already reached the top of the chasm wall and are hunkering down now."

"Shoot!" bellowed Nimrod. Their almost at the buldge of the wall! If they get behind it they can detinate it!!!"

Just then the enemy Hover Craft began to jet out a dark cloud of smoke that was impervious to IR vision or IR scans. In desperation Nimrod fired several rounds into the quickly expanding smoke cloud from his gauss rifle to no avail...

OOC: Shoot and maybe hit or not at all. Do or do not there is no try...

19. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: I shoot

20. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    In Game: The gauss round streaks out faster than your eyes can follow it and...hits the lower edge of the fleeing hover craft's rear skirting and detenates. The target gets a major lift in its rear quarters and does a flip, landing on its top. You get the door prize.

21. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC:"Ooh ooh ooh! Door number 2! Door number 2!!!"

22. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC: As Nimrod, Attila, Bowie and Paul Tanner.
    "Nice shot, Colonel. Tanner bring us past the target on the far side of the smoke. Put the wall between
    us and the Pod just in case that turkey has some kind of deadman switch. Everybody keep it frosty.
    Attila, you watch our six from back at the pod. We're still clueless as to where the other two
    HCs are at. Colonel would you be so kind as to keep your eyes open for those other two HCs along with
    Attila? If He spots them heading our way, he'll need your fire power to stop them."

"Captain, Dui Wu is asking for an update on the situation," said Bowie.

"Tell him to sit tight until old Iron Fist shows up with the cavalry from Chryse Planitia," replied
    Nimrod.

"Nimrod! I've got movement from that HC!" yelled Tanner.

"Heads up you apes. We've got activity in that cloud of smoke! All guns at the ready!"

OOC: Doc, you pick up activity from your gunnery radar scope. There appears to be two targets approaching at
    high speed towards your HC's position from the direction of the cargo pod.

23. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IG: BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!!!!!!!

24. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: Aahhhh. A true man of action!

In Game: Attila snaps a peek at your radar tracker and links a heads up, to the rest of the Goons.

"Keep making like Dr. Doom with that Gauss Cannon and keep 'em off our tails while we take out the 'Wise Apple' inside the roll over, Colonel," says Nimrod as he and the rest of the Goons bail out and hop towards the trashed HC. Ironman turns and looks at you. "I'll help keep her reloaded, Colonel," he says and starts doing just that. Tanner, anticipating return fire starts to weave the HC from side to side making all of you a harder target to hit. Good thing too, 'cause some rounds go streaking by without even slowing down as they rip though the space where you formerly occupied.

Your scope shows you damage inflicted upon the two HCs from your rounds fired. They didn't see you through the smoke at first. But they definately do now and they begin dodging and weaving too as they continue to race your way albeit somewhat slower due to that damage mentioned earlier.

"Keep shooting colonel! The only good enemy HC is a gutted one!" yells Iron Man.

"Yeah, give 'em hell, Doc!" Tanner bellows.

25. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IG: BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.