Saga "Goose Bumps" moments

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Eternity85, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
  1. drg4 Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, I forgot about that one! It's essentially Kershner's way of telling the audience, "Remember that fun little adventure called Star Wars? Well, I'm taking it into horror movie territory."
  2. sheenybaby Jedi Youngling

leaving the theater after phantom menace realising i'd wasted my money
  3. Krueger Force Ghost

star 4
    Yep, a serious thread celebrating the best moments of the saga and some troll has to drag it down to his dark level with his depressing hate. I?ve looked at your other five ?posts?. Constructive criticism is fine, but you?re just nasty. You need to be banned.

It?s not 1999 anymore. Move along and get a life. You?ll feel much better for it.
  4. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Let's not feed the troll :)
  5. DarthWuher Jedi Master

star 1
    For me its:
    ROTJ- The moment where Vader saves Luke from the Emperor

ROTS- After Anakin has killed the Separatists and he stands with the tear down his face reflecting on what he has done. (Williams music in both scenes really help bring out the goosebumps!)
  6. HevyDevy Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    There are so many. Some off the top of my head

ANH-
    -the moment and music when the escape pod with 3po and R2 in it floats down to Tatooine.
    -When Luke finds his foster parents dead and the scene cuts to the death star.
    -Obi-Wan vs Vader; "the circle is now complete"
    -Luke switching off his targeting compter, the moments after that, and Vader's "The force is strong with this one".

ESB-
    -Too many to list. Great music and atmosphere in most scenes. It has my favourite duel, is the most enthralling, and has the best dialogue of the six.

ROTJ-
    -Lukes's entrance into Jabba's Palace and the dialogue with Jabba.
    -When Luke is about to be put in the sarlaac pit and gets his sabre thrown to him. This and Luke's entrance (above) are when it really feels like the Jedi have returned.
    -"It's a trap!" The weight of it after all the other eps and the memory of the moment in 97.
    -Luke's cry of "Never!" and the end of the duel.
    -"So be it... Jedi", the Emperor revealing his true feelings about Luke, and of course the climax where Vader/Anakin chooses Luke over Sidious and saves him.

TPM-
    -Qui-Gon's dialogue with Obi-Wan as the Jedi are introduced.
    -"There's always a bigger fish".
    -Our first glimse of Sidious, in hologram form, and the introduction of Palpatine playing both sides.
    -This one I didn't really get in 99. The moment where Anakin says "It's working!" as Shmi looks on. Not a great line, but it's sad when you know where the characters are going to end up.
    -The transition from Yoda's comment "I sense great fear in you" to the next scene. With the music it is very depressing and foreboding.
    -The Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan - Maul duel. Obi-Wan's victory from the brink of defeat is what I think influences Yoda's decision to make him a Jedi.
    -"But which was destroyed; the Master or the apprentice", and that scene in general.

AoTC-
    -"I'd much rather dream about Padme". - an ironic quote after ROTS.
    -Shmi's death and the Tusken slaughter. Dramatic IMO.
    -When Padme and Anakin are brought into the arena to be executed. The music and the metaphor of the audience watching their demise, when you know where they are heading, is emotional.
    -The moment and music Dooku arrives back on Coruscant at the end of the movie.

ROTS-
    Many, many Star Warsy moments for me. Surreal in parts because of it's place in the saga. Just a few I can think of quickly-
    -Anakin and Obi-Wan entering the room where Palpatine is held "captive", and the scene in general.
    -"This is a happier moment..." the music, and the transition to Utapau.
    -The turn scene gives me chills. The build up, the exchanges, the mirroring of his turn back to the light in ROTJ, etc. "I need him. No!"
    -Order 66, especially the moment implying Anakin's killing of the younglings.

I'm outta time :p

7. jedimaster chris Force Ghost

star 2
    There are so many to choose from, but I'll just list the first ones that come to mind....

TPM - When Obi Wan uses the Force to summon Qui Gonn's lightsaber to defeat Darth Maul. The use of the Force theme was perfect! (Thank you John Williams!)

AOTC - Yoda-man! When Yoda ignites his lightsaber to fight Dooku.

ROTS - "You shall be known as Darth Vader"

ANH - "Use the Force Luke, let go Luke!". (Thank you John Williams on that one too!)

ESB - "No, I am your Father!"

ROTJ - When Luke sees the spirits of Obi Wan, Yoda, and Anakin (yes even when its Hayden!)
  8. Jedirockstar1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    When Palpatine's face got disfigured from Force-Lightning in ROTS
    Yoda whipping out that little bad boy of a saber in AOTC
    The whole fight between Maul/Qui-Gon and Obi -Wan
    And of course....when Vader tells Luke who he really is. (Duh).
    Also when Luke enters Jabba's Palace in ROTJ, idk. I love Luke's look in that one.
  9. Jedirockstar1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    and hearing Vader's breathing for the first time in ROTS...because its like the first time in the storyline we hear it.
  10. DarthStinkyBritches Jedi Master

star 2
    The two scenes that give me goose bumps EVERYTIME I see them..

ANH: When Han says, "You're all clear kid. Now lets blow this thing and go home" and the musical crescendo until the Death Star blows up. GREATEST SCENE EVER.

ROTJ: When Vader taunts Luke about his sister and Luke loses his mind and smashes at Vader with his lightsaber. The choral track is awesome.
  11. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn The Other Saga Moderator

Manager
    star 6
    Yoda lifts the X-Wing.

"The Force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet."
  12. ezekiel22x Force Ghost

star 4
    TPM - "Now this is pod-racing." Many say the prequels lake that certain something when it comes to excitement and adventure. I disagree, and this scene was one of the reasons why.

AOTC - the moment Anakin and Padme are led onto the arena floor. Great big note of operatic irony given that the biggest emotional triumph of Anakin's life comes moments before seemingly imminent doom.

ROTS - Obi-Wan standing atop the ramp of Padme's ship moments before he confronts Anakin. There's an Indy shot in Temple of Doom somewhere around the mine chase that I've heard described as "iconic as heck" (although in actuality "heck" was replaced with a different word that ends in k). That shot of Obi-Wan is, similarly, iconic as heck.

ANH - Han's trench run assist. I don't ever remember actually being surprised by this, but still each time I rewatch the film I kind of think to myself, "I can't believe it!"

TESB - the entire sequence where Luke is hanging from the bottom of Cloud City until the Falcon arrives for the rescue. Great example of Episode V upping the conflict on all levels. If the physical calamity wasn't enough, Luke's inner anguish bites just as hard.

ROTJ - Luke battering Vader into submission and stopping just short of the killing blow. Years before I heard anything about ROTJ being decidedly weaker than the two films that preceded it, this scene was one big reason why Jedi was my favorite of the trilogy.
  13. Drewdude91 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    TPM: "This is my apprentice, Darth Maul. He will find your lost ship".

AOTC: Palpatine and various Senators overlooking the departing Clone Army as they leave for war.

ROTS: Anakin and Padme looking across Coruscant shortly before Anakin's turn

ANH: Moments before Luke destroys the Death Star

ESB: "I am your father!"

ROTJ: Palpatine torturing Luke with lightning as Vader begins to turn back..
  14. MrFantastic74 Jedi Grand Master

star 4

"The Force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet."

That scene (Luke approaching Vader in the carbon freeze chamber) gives me chills every time.
  15. WatTamborWoo Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    There are many moments of high drama that were really enjoyable which others here have mentioned. But the visceral, goosebump moments for me occurred when seeing the Phantom Menace back in 1999 (I deliberately waited two weeks before seeing it to allow the tension to build up even more):

The Fanfare and the Star Wars logo receeding into the distance - I was really seeing another Star Wars movie on the big screen. Wow.
    The Podracers zooming over the camera view on the first lap - I had become totally immersed in seeing another Star Wars movie. Wow.

16. EstarGuars Jedi Master

star 2
    *Luke and the twin suns
    *The end scene of ROTS, probably the best scene of the entire Saga
    *Order 66 scene
    *The scene when Anakin says goodbye to his mother
    *Final scene of ROTJ
  17. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Trench.
    Walking the plank.
    Moment of truth.
  18. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn The Other Saga Moderator

Manager
    star 6
    More:

Binary Sunset.

When the rancor eats the gamorrean and then turns over its shoulder to Luke (similar to a shot in Jurassic Park where the T. Rex eats a goat and then turns to the people in the cars. I was a big JP fan too.)

Luke's green lightsaber in Jedi, with the rebel fanfare in the background (thanks for reminding me, Arawn).

I also have quite a few that deal solely with the soundtracks (I've listened to them separately from the films many, many times). These include the fanfare when they first see Mos Eisley from the bluff, the little rising and falling motif as the Falcon does its loop-de-loop into the asteroid cave, and the brass parts just before and then during when Anakin turns back from the dark side. And the build-up and fanfare when they first arrive at Coruscant in TPM (which was placed immediately after the first track on the OST).
  19. Obi-WanLikeaBoss Jedi Knight

There are so so many moments for me, but real goosebumps has to be the scene where Obi-Wan tells Anakin "You were the chosen one!" SO dramatic, and climatic and emotional.
  20. CoolUsernameHere Jedi Knight

This! That's such a great moment. The music is what makes it such a special sequence, in my opinion.

Also: "I love you." "I know." The awesomeness of Harrison Ford's improv wafts over me and gives me chills every time.

21. RogueNineAN Jedi Padawan

The ending of Return of the Jedi, starting at Vader's funeral pyre all the way through to when the Force-ghosts of Yoda, Ben, and then Anakin are looking on proudly at Luke.

Luke looking on at the twin suns on Tatooine.

In Empire Strikes Back when Luke is hanging from the weather vane and the close-up on Leia as she hears Luke calling out to her through The Force.

In Revenge of the Sith when Obi-Wan defeats Vader and is giving his sad speech "You were my brother Anakin, I loved you".
  22. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    The "you are breaking my heart" scene is massive!!! Padmes face in that whole thing looks like she is really in a lot of pain & Anakin seemed to careless he was too focused on Obi Wan to care about her at that moment.

When Anakin cuts his sons hand off is massive!! During that fight it seemed Anakin was kinda toying with Luke until Luke got some real good shots in and than POP!! off goes the hand and the light saber and Luke was Pwned like the rookie he was.

Anakin looking up at the Vader mask coming down to his face is another great scene.

When Anakin brings his dead mother back to the Lars, the look on their face and the look on his. No dialog at all, but the scene is serious business. Everyone is like OMG.....
  23. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok this is a really good thread. Its a shame its not longer. I want to add "Luke help me take this mask off so that I may look at you with with my own eyes" we have not seen Anakins face for 3 movies and here it is mask coming off to reveal dad.

Quin Gons funeral where Anakin ask Obi Wan what will happen to him is a good scene to.
  24. topgoalscorer_no11 Force Ghost

star 3
    I always get chills whenever one of the movies ends and it breaks back into the Star Wars main theme. Often sit and watch the credits and ponder why they get to me so much.

Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.