main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gore Conceded.

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Liz Skywalker, Dec 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    "That which unites us is greater than that which divides us."

It's official, Gore has conceeded the election. Bush supports, you can gloat now.

2. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    [Nelson]Ha Ha![/Nelson]

3. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    That was the most pathetic display I've ever seen. He looked like he was going to cry.

4. JediCrazy

JediCrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    wow, i can't believe it.

5. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    stop that! I cried!

6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    Good speech. He gave it very well. I think the key thing is that he gave his full support to Bush, and that's very important. All this embittered partisan division needs to end and leaders like Gore and Bush need to disapprove of it.

I am a little bit puzzled that he likened himself to Douglas, a Confederate who later helped secede, and Bush to Lincoln, the guy who united the nation and effectively emancipated the slaves. There has to be subliminable purpose behind that comment, it was too "nice" for him to allow to Bush.

7. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    "It's not fun anymore"
    Remember that South Park episode anyone?

Talk about life imitating art..

8. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    Of course he gave support to Bush. What is he going to do, call him an a-hole? He's hoping beyond hope that he can save face and have a chance in 4 years.

9. keiran_helcyan

keiran_helcyan Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 1999
    his daughter looked stoned.

Anyways I thought his speach was good, and hopefully some liberals will get the picture that

1) Gore lost
    2) Bush won
    3) he's a completely legit ruler so get on with life.

10. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    It was a good speech, but I had this weird feeling he would become a laughing madman toward the end.
    Amazing people can have such duality. I wonder if Bush will give a full pardon to Gore since it is plausible, though not likely, he will be hanged for treason.

11. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    I wonder what would happen if on Electors Day next monday, some electors swing to Gore? That would be a big mess with the Legislature even though Gore conceded. Wondering what to do with faithless electors....oy

12. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Very good speech by the Vice President.

My opinion of him went up a notch or two.

13. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    He didn't blink once.

14. Rev-mel'akiym

Rev-mel'akiym Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2000
    I think he gave that speech very well, but I don't think he should had to concede necessarily. But that's another thread all together.

15. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    It's about time.

16. Red-Seven

Red-Seven Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 21, 1999
    LOL DL! That would be too surreal!

And Stephen Douglas was a senator from Illinois, and while a 'copperhead' during the Civil War, he was not a seccesionist.

Calling Bush 'Lincoln' is, ummm, generous. Well, he'll at least have a shot to live up to it...

17. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    I was thinking the same thing, Darth Ludicrous! He looked like he was planning the death of millions.

18. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    It's about time!
    Finally we can get on with the beggining of the end of the world...

19. Bullwinkle

Dec 14, 1999
    Because he was fighting back tears. Gore has wanted to be the president all his life, and I think deep down he knows this was his only chance.

Towards the end, it seemed a bit like he was trying to campaign for 2004 already. He also was trying to make it seem like election contests are nothing new.

My opinion of him went up, but I still think he's going to try to kill Bush if they meet in person.

20. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    When.

They're meeting next week in D.C.

21. Bullwinkle

Dec 14, 1999
    He probably had those cybernetic scientists replace one of his macrobinocular eyes with a laser.

22. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    This will be a day long remembered...

Thank the Lord!

It was a very well written speech. I commend the man. Gore, in the words of TEX: "Goodbye and good luck."

23. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    All this shows is how weak a candidate Gore was. No vice president coming out of what was generally considered a good presidency should have to fight for the nomination like he did. Then he lost his own state and Clinton's. And now he loses to an idiot like Bush. It's his own fault. Hell, the only reason he was even picked by Clinton was because he was up for re-election as senator and was going to lose. He's a loser. Period.

24. Phantom Will

Phantom Will Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 15, 2000
    That was really a great speech. I'm proud of him.

25. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Good thing they re-charged his battery-pack for this speech. Well, this just shows that good does win over evil, and that God truly does bless America. Maybe now Gore realizes that he can't win through manufactured ballots, fraugulence, and changing the rules after the election. "We need to make every vote count . . ." What about all those absentee ballots you threw out because you knew the military is more or less Republican? Or those Republican black and Hispanic majority that was ignored?

At least our Supreme Court wasn't biased like Florida's. I'm still waiting for Gore to pull another dirty trick down the road, but tonight I can sleep in peace.

*Amidolee sighs in relief*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.