main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Got a couple of Q's

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by CrazyLegsMC, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyLegsMC

CrazyLegsMC Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Hey all,

I just stumbled upon this new board today and I must admit im quite surprised to see this many people in a Victoria board.

I just had a couple of questions regarding this new FF Chapter: Victoria Base

Are there any requirements for membership, such as age restrictions and such? What kind of meetings and events could we be involved in, in the upcoming future?

Do you guys have a Victoria Base website yet?

So yah, if anyone here would like to fill me in on what your all about i'd be ver appreciative.

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Hi, CrazyLegs :) I'm Derisa, the Base's Information Officer. Welcome aboard!

Yeah, this forum has really exploded since the release of Attack of the Clones, which we were sort of expecting, but it's gratifying, nonetheless!

You have questions, we have answers!

The only requirement for membership is to come out to one of our meetings or get-togethers. The purpose of FanForce is to get fans meeting in person. There are no age limits, except we prefer not to be a babysitting service, so kids under the age of reason need parental participation. My ten-year-old son is our youngest participating member.

We have two basic types of gathering: the organisational meeting, and the social get-together. We try to announce meetings several days ahead of time, and finish them off with social things, like games or seeing a film (duh!;) ), so as to involve as many people as possible. The social things are much less structured, as in a few of us will schedule a viewing of the movie or laser-bowling or an open house party, and whoever shows shows. We have fun together. We are alson hoping to be a community-minded group, and may plan outings to adopt a street or perform other such public services, such as raising money for a good cause, or gathering donations for food banks and whatnot. (I have this vision of a few of us donning robes to answer phones on KCPQ's fundraising ventures... :) )

We are planning for three upcoming things: a possible trip over to Richmond to see AOTC on the digital system there; an outing to go laser-bowling or play laser-tag; and a hosted evening (soon) to watch the videos of various stars' appearances and specials on the Making of, that sort of thing.

We do not at present have a website, although that's top of the agenda for the next meeting. There are a couple of people who have become involved of late with html experience, and I'm hoping they'll all come to the next meeting so we can hammer out what we'd like on our site, and other such details. We'll be able to schedule the next meeting on Tuesday, when our City Rep Rani Veko gets back.

I hope that answers your Questions, and I'm inviting anyone else who has questions about who we are and what it is we are up to, to post your questions here! We're always glad to meet new Victoria-area fans!

*Derisa*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.