main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Got a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBoba, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think it was merely a poor classism jibe.

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I'm sure there's an in-universe answer to this. Why did Dooku's eyes never turn yellow? Even when he was a known Sith Lord battling OB1 and Anakin, did he not "give himself over" to the dark side?

3. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Dooku joined the Sith not out of passion or anger, but out of a desire to form an alliance with Palpatine in order to reforge the galaxy as they saw fit. Dooku considered himself Palpatine's equal, but Palpatine saw things quite differently.

4. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Ahhh... so, therefore, the "Dooku is a political idealist..." quote from Mace Windu.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Official SW Fact File Issue 34 (this week's one) suggests Dooku had become somewhat corrupted though his studies of a Sith Holocron before Sidious recruited him:

A Turn to the Dark Side
    A potent Jedi Master, Dooku was active in the field, meditating and settling many conflicts. At the Temple, his understanding of the Living Force and his mastery of the lightsaber made him a much sought-after teacher. Privately, he indulged his curiosity about the Sith Holocron, and slowly and inexorably he slipped into the shadows of the dark side of the Force.
    Dooku was only the twentieth Jedi to renounce the Order and willingly depart the Temple, never to return. The momentous event occurred not long after the Battle of Naboo had claimed the life of Dooku's former Padawan, Qui-Gon Jinn. By then he had become so utterly disenchanted with the Republic, the Senate, and the Jedi Order that he did not even join the many who had travelled to Naboo for Qui-Gon's funeral.

Into Darkness
    Assuming the title that was his birthright, Count Dooku seemed to vanish into the galaxy. The Jedi Order, saddened and stunned by this loss, assumed that Dooku had gone into a prolonged period of contemplation while he decided what to do next. They could not have been more wrong.
    Upon leaving the Order, Count Dooku was contacted by, and then fell under the spell of, Darth Sidious. Sidious had been looking for a replacement for Darth Maul, someone better suited to the dark dealings that would spell the final end of the Republic. Aware of Dooku's power and his dark side leanings, Sidious took Dooku as his new apprentice and Darth Tyranus was born.

6. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Leia lived the last two years of her life as Alderaan's Senator on Coruscant (in between her duties with the Rebellion). It's not surprising that she would adopt a Coruscanti accept.

7. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I've read that, while recording Boba's dialogue in TESB, Tem offered to also record his "what the - *scream*" from ROTJ, yet they apparently did not allow that
    Was there a reason given?

8. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Now I have another question lol

Why did Luke not ask Owen and Beru about his mother? He seemed to idolize his father, who he had never even known, but he never once mentioned his mother. Why exactly is this? Surely he must have also been curious about her

9. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Owen probably discouraged any and all questions about Luke's biological family.

10. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    In-universe, he probably did - and was, no doubt, given a similarly false answer to what he'd been told about his father (that he was a navigator on a spice freighter). As for why he and Obi-Wan discuss his father and not his mother - it's simply because Obi-Wan was once Annikin/Anakin's old friend and comrade-in-arms.

In the second draft of SW, there's a scene where Luke visits the grave of his mother behind the homestead before heading off (very reminiscent of Anakin at Shmi's grave in AOTC) - he talks of how much he misses her, so he did know her before she died. Most likely GL still considered this backstory to be roughly the same by the time of the fourth draft/shooting stage, but because this was before the whole 'Father Vader' storyline was created, there wasn't really much point investigating the character any further.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  11. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    And you thought it was Vader talking to Lando when the line came up "I'm altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further." That was GL talking to you, the fanboys of the GFFA! He altered it by eliminating Padme's grave on Tattooine. He altered it when he issued the Special Edition. *insert ominous musical sequence*

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Did Obi-Wan recognize Chewie in the cantina?

13. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    I don't see why he would. They'd never physically met as far as I know even in the EU

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I think he means that episode where Ashoka got separated from Anakin and met Chewie. Chewie was there when Ashoka returned to the Temple. Long stretch regardless

15. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    So, when Chewbacca said "RRrrahhRhagh!" in the Cantina, he was really saying, "Hey man, I know you! Han, I know him! He's one of those Jedi!"

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I meant from Yoda's time with Chewie in ROTS. I was wondering if Yoda showed Obi-Wan holos of Chewie and Obi-Wan recognized Chewie from Yoda's holos.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    You are kidding right? End of the Jedi Order, Anakin's fall, Palpatine is the Sith Lord takes precedence don't you think? Yoda isn't going to take time to tell Obi-Wan about Chewie. The galaxy is in danger! Besides you really think Obi-Wan would remember that 20 years later?

18. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Why do they call it an X-wing? I was also told it was cause the wings make it looking like an x but in the Star Wars worlds, they don't know the letter x or at least x as we know it right?

19. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    A coworker put a New York Yankees logo on a Darth Vader helmet. Do I assume they're a fan of the Yankees or not? And, would Vader get a home run every time he came to bat?

20. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014

Aurebesh were the symbols that made up the alphabet for Basic, but a lot was also done in High Galactic which was comprised of common letters. It's where you get the X, Y, A-wing monikers.

21. LotRfan867

LotRfan867 Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2014
    Did the blu-ray editions contain close-up shots of humans made from CGI instead of actual actors? I read on Wikipedia that in the blu-ray edition there is a new close-up of Han striking Boba Fett's jetpack, but does anybody remember specifically if that scene contained a CGI Han Solo? If it didn't, then did any other scene contain close-ups of CGI humans?

22. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    It was just an alternate camera angle or something as simple as zooming in. No CG humans afaik

23. LotRfan867

LotRfan867 Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2014
    Ok, thanks.

24. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    Is it just me, or do the movies have several versions of basic stormtrooper helmets? Some seem to have flattened eye visors while others are rounded, and some of the "upside down v" respirators seem shorter than others.

25. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Yes, a few helmets, particularly in ANH, are slightly different. That has bugged me for years, to be honest. It's quite obvious in this screencap:
    [​IMG]