main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Got a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBoba, Oct 23, 2012.

1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    But he goes by Ben in TCW...

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It might be a common enough alias for him to reuse it when he thinks it will help him blend in better.

3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Which episode? Is there a clip for that?

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    It was in the episode titled "Deception".

He used it when he was in disguise, calling himself Ben when talking to Yoda and Mace over comms, IIRC while people who could overhear were nearby.

IIRC, it was like a code name. He was actually disguised as a person named Rako Hardeen at the time, IIRC.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Did Palpatine know that the Ewoks existed? Palpatine never goes to the surface of Endor.

6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In the EU, Endor was investigated by survey parties, before the shield generators were installed. The imperials considered the Ewoks to be no real problem.

Makes sense that something of the kind would happen in the newcanon as well.

Emperor Ferus and darklordoftech like this.
  7. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    How did the Empire explain the destruction of Alderaan? I can't imagine that the Emperor would tell the galaxy the truth. Asteroid collision perhaps?

8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Not sure about Alderaan's destruction, but for the second Death Star, the Imperial propaganda machine made it seem like the Rebels were the ones who built the thing. As the story went, the Emperor sacrificed himself in order to destroy the station and save the Empire.

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    There were a number of stories, in the EU, which changed depending on how much info the Rebels released that refuted them.

10. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    ok I don't want to cause a riot with this question, but the 2008 box set of the OT has the Original versions of the films on the bonus disk...so why are fans still fussing about the original films not being released? I'm genuinely confused by this. Help me understand please.

11. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    They were of rather shoddy quality, even for DVD standards

12. daltysmilth

daltysmilth Jedi Knight

Oct 11, 2007
    So has anyone edited and released the audio from Smuggler's Bounty yet? Or has there been any word if Lucasfilm plans to do so?

13. Jedi Outcast

Jedi Outcast Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2015
    I just want to ask because I can't remember when it was mentioned in the movie, but how did Anakin not die in Episode III when Obi Won Kenobi cut his legs off and Anakin burned like a log in a fire place. I don't understand how that can be possible, so if somebody could help me out that would be great.

14. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In the novel, the Emperor arrives just before he expires - and uses the dark side of the Force to keep Anakin alive until medical science can take over.

15. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Anakin used the Force to keep himself alive, I guess.

16. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    The Force, his iron, unbreakable will and pure, raw, seething, unbridled rage toward everything he blamed for being in this mess to begin with. Granted he would've died eventually had Palpatine not gotten there, but he would've made sure Death had a hard time claiming him.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    I have a Question:

After Luke destroys the Death Star in Ep IV We see four Rebel ships return to Yavin 4:
    2 X-wings - Luke Skywalker and Wedge Antillies
    1 YT-1300 light freighter - Han Solo and Chewbacca
    1 Y-wing - ?

Who was mysterious pilot flying the Y-wing?
    He or she must have been a pretty good pilot to survive the battle.

18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In the EU, he was the protagonist of the X-wing computer game - Keyan Farlander.

19. Mattrock

Mattrock Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2015
    Does Palpatine really die?
    According to his Wookiepedia article,

Without warning, Anakin grabbed Palpatine from behind, pinning his upper arms to his torso. The Emperor struggled against Anakin's grip, his hands forced high into the air, shooting bolts in all directions, electrocuting himself and damaging Anakin's life-support systems beyond repair. Palpatine also screamed upon being lifted up, both out of shock at Vader's sudden action, and out of pain for being hit by his own bolts due to no longer being completely in control as a consequence. Anakin carried him to the edge of the shaft, lifted him high over his head, and, with the last of his strength, hurled the Emperor into the abyss. He plummeted four hundred kilometers down the shaft,[32] and even as he fell, he refused to admit defeat.[150] Shortly after hitting the reactor, still discharging his force lightning, he then exploded into dark side energy, with it encompassing the throne room before eventually falling back down the shaft.[3]
    I know many sources say he does, but if Palpatine fell hundreds of kilometers, it would be practically impossible to fall that far down in only a few seconds. Is it possible that a fan lifted back him back up henceforth allowing him to live longer? There is a possibility that he died falling when Death Star II actually exploded, but what is your opinion?

20. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    No, he actually did die there. However, according to the EU, his spirit still survived and went on to inhabit a clone on his secret throneworld of Byss in the Galactic Core.

21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I tend to go with "he didn't hit the reactor - he hit the bottom of the tower."

Still over 100m down - but not 80km at least.

22. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Why is the Classic Trilogy Board below the Prequel Trilogy on the Index Page?

I take this as a personal insult that I have to scroll below the PT to find this board! :mad:

:D

23. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    I assume for the same reason that the ST section will be below the OT section 4 years from now

24. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    Why did the Cloud Car shoot at the Millennium Falcon when it approached Bespin? It always stuck me, because a few seconds later, they give Han permission to land!

25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Warning shots. Originally they were about to force them to land outside the local jail, I suspect.