main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Got a question? Ask it here

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Kabers, Nov 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Gaz_Kanata

Gaz_Kanata Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2015
    How large are the planets meant to be in the SW universe? Are they similar size to Earth?

Most planets we only see a few towns/ cities, and when the planets are used in expanded material they dont elaborate on new landmarks or anything. Are the panet sized or more the size of a large country?

2. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

To answer your question, you can find information about the size of all the planets in the GFFA either on Wookieepedia (e.g. Coruscant, Naboo) or in a book published sometime ago called "Star Wars: The Essential Atlas", if you want a far more in depth answer.

3. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005

Because when Yoda is walking around normally he is resting, meditating, etc... and not using the force, at least not for physical usage.

When he's dueling he's using the force to enhance his movements. He can pick up large objects with the force so he's basically propelling himself via the force.

4. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005

I don't really agree with this statement because as many have pointed out, Yoda and Dooku are older too. Part of the appeal of the dark side is to gain power quickly. Even as an "apprentice" Maul would likely be more powerful than most jedi who took the slow, steady road in their training. However, we hear in TPM that Maul's training was essentially completed by Sidious and they were ready to "reveal themselves to the jedi". Maul has been trained as a jedi killer while the jedi themselves have been pretty lax and haven't had to worry about sith for hundreds of years. Just look at Qui-Gon's mission. He was sent as an ambassador. That's like a desk job for a jedi. Meanwhile Maul has been trained to kill jedi by a very powerful sith. Discounting Obi-Wan's fluke victory over Maul, it's likely that only Yoda and Mace (and Sidious of course) would have been able to defeat Maul in 1 on 1 combat at the time of TPM.

5. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Why are there no guard-rails in star wars. SEriously! TFA, TPM, ANH, etc, etc.... there are all these rooms with elevated walkways and no guardrails.

I guess there's no OSHA in a GFFA

6. Enjoy

Enjoy Jedi Knight

Dec 31, 2015
    Are there any depictions in any media of Imperial ground forces that aren't Stormtroopers? Like, presumably these killing machines are too expensive to station on every planet that needs a garrison, right? The only time I've seen this referred to was in Star Wars Supremacy where you roleplayed an Imperial bureaucrat.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Rebels, we see biker troopers that don't wear white but grey - suggesting they're not scout troopers but "ordinary army". And of course there's the AT-ST pilots in Return of the Jedi.

8. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I hear C-3PO say "Thank the maker" on several occasions, even in TFA, if I'm not wrong. Who does he refer to? Anakin?

9. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Was Boba Fett's rifle in Empire Strikes Back every identified? If so what was the name of it?
    Also, it's not exactly from the movies but it has to do with them... Was there any identification of the weapon prototype Fett is holding in this image-
    [​IMG]
    Asking because the pistol he has in the prototype art/figures received a proper name, despite not directly appearing in the movies.

10. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Pretty sure I remember Boba's weapon being identified as an E-7 blaster rifle

As for the prototype design - can't say I'm familiar with it

11. smittyjaja

smittyjaja Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2016
    Is Shaak Ti dead in new canon? Couldn't find anything on it other than she is one of the few Jedi to survive Order 66.

I know she died in EU by Starkiller... but she also died in an Episode 3 deleted scene, but is that even canon?

Is her fate basically unknown at this point?

12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    There were two Episode III deleted scene Shaak Ti deaths I'm told - one at the hands of Grievous, one at the hands of Vader. Neither were canonized - and the Grievous one couldn't have happened, due to her appearing in hologram at a Council meeting.

The newcanon Marvel Star Wars comics show Luke discovering her holocron, which was recorded after Order 66, and comments on the disaster.

It's currently completely unknown what happened to her after she recorded that holocron.

13. Green Arrow

Green Arrow Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2015
    In ROTS it's made pretty clear all that remained of Anakin's original body at the time of him gaining the suit was his head and most of his torso, with stumps where his arms and legs once were.

However, was Vader's anatomy ever disclosed in any media prior to this movie? ROTJ showed us his robotic arm, but did any material establish that he had no legs prior to ROTS, or that there was even anything organic below the neck?

14. Your Gardener

Your Gardener Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2016
    anakinfan edit: Nope. This is a family-friendly message board. Please familiarize yourself with our terms of service.

15. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Can only Force-users see Force Ghosts?

16. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Darth Wookiee

It would seem so, especially since Leia wasn't a trained Force user in ROJ. Apparently she didn't see what Luke was seeing at the end of ROJ.

17. boonjj

boonjj Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2016
    Why did Obi-Wan jump into a room of droids by himself on Utapau? If Grevious didn't order the droids to not shoot then Obi-Wan would have easily been taken out.

18. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I'm sure Obi-Wan was counting on Grievious ego.

19. Obi-Shawn Kenobi

Obi-Shawn Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Dec 10, 2015
    This may have been asked and answered before, and this might not even be the right place for this, so I apologize in advance but why, in Episode III, does Anakin become completely evil so fast? One moment he's informing Mace Windu that Palpatine is a Sith Lord. I can understand why Anakin stops Mace Windu from killing Palpatine, Anakin believed the only way he could save Padme was with his help. But why does Anakin go from turning in Palpatine to killing younglings so fast? Is there a better explanation of this?

Lt. Hija likes this.
  20. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    In my own feeble attempts to solve this incomprehensible riddle of RotS I can only offer two conjectural rationalizations:
    • Palpatine had an incredible influence on weaker minds (a Sith lord mind trick if you want), but then Anakin isn't really accountible for these atrocities
    • Anakin was a rotten guy from the beginning and only pretending to be "Mr. Nice Guy". Palpatine merely encouraged him to show his true colors and stop pretending.

21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    His fear for Padme's life, has become all-consuming.

22. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    Iron_lord

But he knows that he can't seriously rely on his dreams and premonitions.

Remember little Ani? He had a dream he'd come back to Tatooine and free all those slaves...

23. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    That was before he became a Jedi though.

Maybe his training in the Force gave him his premonitions. Luke only got premonitions after training with Yoda.

24. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    darskpine10

Good point, but then why didn't we see other Jedi have premonitions about their own or other Jedi deaths? Very difficult and clouded to see all that is.

25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Maybe it's because Anakin had more attachments than most Jedi?