main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Got a question? Ask it here

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Kabers, Nov 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    He's confirmed to appear in Aftermath: Empire's End, but that isn't out yet. I suggest picking it up when it comes out, because there's bound to be some cool lore in there.

J7Luke and ATMachine like this.
  2. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    Thanks! :)

3. CrayonWendigo

CrayonWendigo Jedi Knight

Jan 28, 2013
    Forgive me if this post is out of place, but I could not think of a better sub-forum to post this in.

Anyway, a friend of mine, Daryl, was talking to me tonight about a website that both of us used to frequent around 2000 or so. The website was dedicated to analyzing the films in respect to how lightsabre combat reflects upon real life sword play, martial arts, et cetera. As both my friend and I were heavy role players at the time, we would often use this website as a base for our understanding how to RP our characters and such. It really broke down the combat and reflected upon how it was shown in the movies.

The problem is: Neither of us remember really any details beyond the fact that this website was: 1. Active around 2000 or so. 2. It was mostly dedicated to lightsabre combat. 3. It included prequel discussion as well as original trilogy, though Daryl thinks only up to TPM.

The name, the people, where it was hosted (Geocities, Angelfire, its own domain), we cannot recall. We do remember it was very well done, but you know, it probably had a somewhat antiquated website appearance owing to the era in which it was most active.

Does anyone here remember a site like this? I'd love to be able to rediscover this website if possible, especially as it's now currently driving me crazy trying to remember it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Moving to Questions thread

5. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    CrayonWendigo

That sounds like Robert Brown's now defunct Star Wars Website, here is the only working / remaining link I could find: http://www.synicon.info/SW/

Bob is an expert in martial arts and swordplay (he was even cast as an extra in AOTC, but later made fun that he only played a dead Jedi).

Some of it can be retrieved through the WebArchive site, I believe (there are a couple of things I'd like to check for myself). Good luck (or PM me and give me your email, so I can forward it to Bob)

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    alpha_particles1981 asked the following question:

Legendsverse on the subject:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yavin_Prime

It is 31x the diameter of Earth, but only 4x the surface gravity of Earth. Earth is 7.79x as dense as Yavin. That makes Yavin very low density - comparable to Saturn. The listed surface gravity of ROXs-42Bb is comparable - As I recall, brown dwarfs tend to be a bit denser than that. They also tend to be smaller. I'd say Yavin and ROXs-42Bb are more "planetlike" than the average brown dwarf is.

7. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    In the aftermath of the Galactic Civil War, the Galactic Empire was officially dissolved and supplanted by a provisional government in the year 5 ABY. Grand Vizier Amedda's government was recognized by the New Republic as the successor government of the Empire. What do you think happened to Mas Amedda & this provisional government after the Aftermath Trilogy?

8. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Moving to "Got a Question Thread"

9. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    What's up with the banner? It seems to be broken.

10. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

Are you talking about not filling out the entire space? It probably is a browser compatability issue.

11. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    The banner space for me just has a broken image icon with "Saga Banner" next to it. I'm using Chrome and checked in Microsoft Edge; nothing there either.[face_dunno]

12. Darth Sith Saber

Darth Sith Saber Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 24, 2016
    Will they be likely to do a 4th series of Rebels or are there any other animated series announced?

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I think they've said they are definitely doing Season 4.

Darth Sith Saber likes this.
  14. Darth Sith Saber

Darth Sith Saber Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 24, 2016
    I'm guessing that they won't ever go back and finish TCW as such, but is it possible that they could do a feature length animated show that has the story lines they were going to end the TCW series with, such as Ahsoka and Rex during order 66?

I would love to see that wrapped up nicely on screen.

Another question - is the horrendous (imo) older clone wars cartoon still canon, and if not, is there a new canonical explanation of why grievous is coughing?

15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It's not canon - but there were allusions to it (Battle of Hypori, crashed Acclamator) in the newcanon novel Catalyst.

Grievous coughs all the way through TCW, so we can safely say that whatever happened when he kidnapped Palpatine, it probably did not involve a huge chest armor crush from Mace - especially since in ROTS his chest armor looks fine. I don't think anybody knows why Grievous coughs in TCW - badly designed cybernetics around the lungs, maybe?

Darth Sith Saber likes this.
  16. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Can someone explain "evil is everywhere" and "there are heroes on both sides" in the ROTS opening? Sure, the Sith are evil, but are they "everywhere"? What other evil is there besides the Sith? And who are the "heroes" on the Separatists' side? How is Grievous a hero? I assume it refers to the TCW series, which I haven't seen. When just considering the movies this doesn't make sense. Frankly I'm one of those people who only consider the six movies as "real" canon, even if Lucas says otherwise. Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere. Without a search function it's impossible to find out. By the way, is there a chance this forum will have one some time?

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    They are controlling both sides. War is everywhere.

Who said evil is exclusive to the Sith?

Grievous is not an hero. Nobody said he was. And we don't need to know who the individual heroes are on the Separatist side, only that they exist. The Republic doesn't have exclusivity on heroes, just like everything else. One only needs to look at the Separatist cause to accept that possibility.

18. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    In the prequels, that is pretty much made clear. What other evil is there besides the Sith and the dark side? Watto? Hardly counts as evil. Sebulba? Same thing. The Tusken? Sure, but they are taken care of and only lead Anakin further to the dark side. From the movies alone I fail to see where there is so much evil that is not somehow connected to Sidious. Sure there are lots of dubious characters that are not Sith, but that hardly justifies that "evil is everywhere". The prequel galaxy is mainly shown as a fairly good though flawed place where one single power-hungry politician manages to become an emperor. I still don't see where all that "evil" is supposed to be. I repeat that I have not watched TCW.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Evil is not exclusive to the Sith. Anybody can be evil. And considering that the opening crawl was referring to the war between the Republic and the Separatists, it's no wonder that statement can be made. This is a bogus war. The Sith control both sides of it. Corruption is growing in the Republic. The Separatists armies are led by greedy corporations and murderers. The Outer Rim is virtually a ganster's domain, the Hutts being in control.

So yes, evil is everywhere.

Nobody is talking about TCW. I'm talking about the movies. And even if the galaxy was "fairly good" that doesn't mean evil doesn't exist in it. It does, and the movies show that.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  20. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    Fair enough. I guess I see your point. What you say makes sense. I just happened to find that sentence to be slightly exaggerated when I watched the movie the first couple of times. But it can certainly be interpreted the way you said it.

21. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Did Disney get permission from Peter Cushing or his estate to recreate him using CGI? Did they need to?

Please include where you heard this, if you know.

22. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  23. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    What is the name of that incredibly colorful planet in Revenge of the Sith during Order 66?

24. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I'm pretty sure you're referring to Felucia. It's the one where Aayla Secura gets executed.

Blue 5 likes this.
  25. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Thanks so much!