main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Got a question? Ask it here

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Kabers, Nov 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Dartht Punk

Dartht Punk Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 17, 2014
    Here's another question, while we're at it:

Why does Anakin believe the Jedi are plotting to take over the Senate?

Sure, Palpatine tells him so, but with what evidence?

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    When Obi-Wan asks Anakin to spy on Palpatine, he starts getting worried. Mace also says when Anakin arrives with his news, that now Grievous is dead the Jedi are going to force Palpatine to return his emergency powers - before Anakin's even revealed anything.

kubricklynch likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    There's also no evidence that I live in Nabraska. Does that mean that I don't live in Nabraska?

4. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009

Given that there's no place called 'Nabraska', I think it's safe to say that you don't.:p

kubricklynch and darklordoftech like this.
  5. Dartht Punk

Jul 17, 2014
    I think if you lived in Nebraska, there would certainly be evidence for it, unless you're suggesting you're some kind of fugitive from the authorities.

6. Dartht Punk

Jul 17, 2014
    There's no evidence? Do you live in the woods or something? Hide from the authorities?

7. Kabers

Kabers Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2013
    I just got through skimming through an article about the Star Wars species, Shistavanen, a race of werewolf-like creatures, and i just have to vent about one aspect that got my brain juices running (and not in a good way). Apparently, Shistavanens are isolationists and xenophobes to boot, and i find that kind of sad, they view all other races outside their own as bad, based on the actions of a few, which means, when they actually meet non-Shistavanens that are good and trustworthy, they won't be willing to let them help. I repeat, that's kind of sad.

Another thing that's dogging me right now is the fact that "Star Wars: Rebels" will be premiering in October, my birth month, as well the Halloween time-frame.

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Were there "Clone Wars truthers" and "Invasion of Naboo truthers"?

Subtext Mining likes this.
  9. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    How many Jedi were left as members of the Order (not younglins) after Geonosis in AOTC?

10. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Thousands
    As of ROTS, before Order 66, there were approximately 10,000 officially trained Jedi. I think around 100 Jedi were killed at Geonosis

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    In the original trilogy, we're told that Luke is "not a Jedi" until he confronts Vader. In the prequels, we have Padawans, Knights, and Masters. In light of the prequels, does "not a Jedi" mean not a Knight or not a Master or is it unrelated to the three prequel Jedi titles?

12. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Well, obviously it wasn't consciously related, but if I had to pick I'd say not a Knight.

13. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    I think it might mean not a Knight.

SIO BIBBLE: (to Anakin) What is your suggestion, Master
    Jedi?

PADMÉ: Anakin's not a Jedi yet, Counsellor. He's still a Padawan learner.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  14. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Doubt it's thread worthy, so I'll put it here
    Any reason why the opening scroll of ROTJ ends with an ellipsis of three periods, yet every other ep ends with four periods?

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  15. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Whoa. I never noticed that before.

16. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Just saw a picture of the "Lost 20" - the busts in the library of the Jedi that had left the order over the years. While losing only 20 over so many years is quite impressive, don't you guys think that could backfire? Someone in the Jedi Order is leading a relatively unremarkable career in the order and wants his name to be remembered. He says to himself, "Hey! If I cause some controversy and leave the order, they'll make me part of the 'Lost 21' and put a bust of me up in the library!" I know Yoda would see right through him, but the fact that there's a struggle at all could be disruptive. Thoughts?

17. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    <Captain Obvious> Someone forgot to put the last period </Captain Obvious>

18. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    If it was that simple of an error, then you'd think that it would be corrected over the years with the additional SE's

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  19. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    I don't think anyone that shallow would really have any business being a Jedi anyway.

Seagoat likes this.
  20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    If Palpatine and Vader had been assasinated by the Rebellion before the dissolution of the Senate, what would have happened to the Empire?

21. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    I reckon a big civil war amongst the Moffs, the military branch and the grand viziers.
    Many worlds would rebel to escape from the grip of the Empire and the Senate would "unofficially" collapse.

22. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I agree with you, but correcting something like that is a lot more difficult than pulling out your laptop and hitting a key or two. Go through a dozen or so steps to correct something that small? I don't think that's going to be first on their to-do list. Nothing against you - I admire that you saw something that small. It shows a good attention to detail. It just seems a bit insignificant when it comes down to it.

Recall that there was a Jedi Knight modeled after Shaggy from Scooby Doo and then revisit your assumptions. :p :)

23. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I've seen Rebels shorts on DisXD recently. I'm correct, I hope, that the show itself is going to be a full show, not this 3 minute thing I saw. I remember when they had Clone Wars mini-episodes. It was neat to see, but I'd just be getting into it and *boom* it's over. Quite frustrating.

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Why is it that in AOTC and ROTS all the clones have armor and masks yet in the OT only foot soldiers have masks?

25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It means not a Knight; see AOTC when Padme says "Anakin is not a Jedi, he's a padawan"