main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Got Costume?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Answer my other questions as posted in the other thread first:

1. Budget?

2. Level of sewing skill OR availability of someone close who sew OR usual tailor/seamstress?

Care to PM me what this is all about? [face_thinking]

Don't want to clash with the Opening Night Plans or Dec 11th/12th thingings.

2. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Azmi-wan_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    1) budget: as low as possible!

2) sewing skills: i shall do it myself. this is my trial. anyways i'm spending alot of time at home because of MC!

3. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    hi ppl, sorry have not viti site for verryyy long time...[face_blush]

1. DarthCrovus ROTJ Luke, Clone Trooper(in process)
    2. kimbilili-k-s AU Sith
    3. aanakin-bariss offee(haven't started...due to coming exams, but planning)

4. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Then you have the option of using Cotton-Polyester/Poplin or Cheesecloth at SGD2/m from Arab Street or what-ever-that-place-People-Park-Cloths-Shops-moved-to-behind-Bugis-Village OR try your luck at this cloth shop outside Joo Chiat Complex that sell certain cloth for SGD1/yard.

If you add a little more, can use Cotton Drill or other fabrics that cost ~SGD3-8/m or the cloths on sale at Spotlight.

Do you have some commercial patterns at hand or using any clothings as a guide?

5. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    2. kimbilili-k-s AU Sith
    4. Yazid_Skywalker Anakin Ep III, hopefully anakin slave epI

6. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Sep 27, 2004
    nope i dont have any guides.

7. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    we should go cloth hunting one of these days. wad u think DE?

8. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Sep 27, 2004
    so how much is a ready made costume?

considering my options

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Weekdays if in Oct can? The next couple weekends I'm booked with events and such.

Went to Arab Street yesterday and I see a few options (in term of texture for the Anakin Tunic) but didn't ask the pricetag.

A few hundreds dollars, depending on from which costume shop it came from. No. 1 Costume Costumes runs about SGD400+ while Costumes and Mascot SGD200+++ tho' either way, better off providing your own fabrics. And you still got to settle the stuffs on your belt, your boots and maybe even the belt.

Unless you are aiming for those :rolleyes: Rubies Costumes, then around a hundred and be ready to be critized by others.

10. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Sep 27, 2004
    oooooooooooooh. okay.

i shall embark on my mission to get cloth.

11. Mercurio

Mercurio Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    2. kimbilili-k-s AU Sith
    4. Yazid_Skywalker Anakin Ep III, hopefully anakin slave epI
    5. Mercurio - Anakin Ep II or III

As long as u guys can remind me lol, I'll be there

12. SDlighter

SDlighter Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2005
    Umm ... I don't think I will have time to sew the tunics and stuff, BUT I do have a decent Jedi robe. I don't mind 'filling' up random empty spaces. :D

13. Mercurio

May 19, 2005
    Hey, if you guys decide to go material hunting, inform me aye?

14. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    5?!??!! That's all that FanForce can come up with? Man that's not nearly good enough.
    Guys, I'm looking around the figures of the June SW Parade down Orchard Rd. Now that was a crowd. 5 is.........is.........hate to say it pathetic!

People, trust me on this one, you want in on this. So please add your name to the list if you gotz a costume. A lot of things hasn't been confirmed yet, hence why I'm witholding information. However, in order for things to proceed (actually not really, but it'll help!) I need the numbers. I'm targeting at 20++ from FanForce side, surely the great FFSG can make those numbers.

As for those without a costume, I STRONGLY suggest you get yourself one by Nov.

*DE, it will not clash with anything SSC. By the way I'm still ticked off. >=p

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    And I'm still pissed off..... [face_talk_hand]

16. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    my boots are spoilt!! *wails*

any recommendations?

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    What kind of boots are you looking for? Knee long or Ankle-High or Combat Boots etc etc. Got heels or not? Color?

18. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Kim, is this the black pair of boots that I complimented you on... that really nice pair you wore during our ROTS costume parade?? [face_worried]

At the moment, I'm still looking for a suitable pair of white boots for my white Padme costume... saw a nice pair at Raffles City just yesterday, but I'm sure they are gonna cost a bomb!

Have also checked out various shoe stores at City Plaza... not bad, but they don't really have exactly the design I'd like to get.

Haven't been to Lucky Plaza yet... maybe I'll head there this weekend... I kinda miss being in that part of town, haven't gone to that part of Orchard Road for quite some time already... used to hang out there all the time, but hardly anymore... which is kinda sad... and which is why I'm looking forward to going there this weekend... hopefully..... **Jean keeps fingers crossed**

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Repeat... [face_blush]

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Take care Jean [:D] and I'm keeping my fingers crossed too so that you can go for a little shopping therapy this weekend. [face_praying] Nothing beats a little "fresh air" after a hard day work ;) (been on PMS a lot lately due to certain things so I also need a little relax therapy here and there)

21. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Thanks DE!! :)

Yeah, I could surely use some good R&R this weekend!

LOL! :p

22. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Jean - YES!!! they're the really nice ones that you and i like!!! :( :( they kinda started disintegrating after i used them for a few more things...

DE - black, heels (preferably low heels) that look nice and classy :D well, if you rmb what my boots looked like at the costume parade, i'm looking for a pair that resembles those...

*Crosses fingers* hope you guys can come across something that matches what i hope to get when you go shopping! i really have no time now what with promos and a LOT of other stuff going on at the same time...

thanks you and you. :D

23. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Guys, please ignore my earlier posts about everything.
    Thing's been called off.

24. Mercurio

May 19, 2005
    Sooo, when are you guys going to arab street?

25. CoOLv1rus

CoOLv1rus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    was abt to post, then event called off....*yucks

Anyway, Am i the only mandalorian (besides Renos' boba)!? I need more to accompany my jango man!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.