main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto ** Got 'em, got 'em, need 'em... the official Toronto swap thread **

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Sep 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    So there you are, sitting with an ultra-rare collectable. You are in ownership of one of George Lucas' socks, circa 1976. Yes - a sock he may have worn whilst working on Star Wars. Swiped at the laundramat by your Uncle Jimmy, this collectible has been passed amongst your family for years. But as much as you like that sock - you just can't find a proper place for it in your collection. You'd like to trade it for something more befitting your collection of toothpicks used by Star Wars actors.

But what to do? You don't want to sell it to some faceless nobody on ebay. Not your cherished sock. No. You want this priceless heirloom to be with someone you know will appreciate it. Preferably with a friend. A fellow Long Liner. You know buying and selling on the forums is not well looked upon by the Powers that Be. What to do?!?

Introducing the got'em, got'em, need'em thread. Your in-between swap-meet source for collecting goodness.

Post to this thread any items that you have available to trade. Post any items you're hunting for. If you see something you're after, send a private message to the person who's got it. The two of you work out the details from that point on via email or private message.

Ground Rules:
    Please do not list prices and don't carry out negotiations for items in this thread. Details like that should be taken offline or else you're going to wind up getting us all banned. Banned I tells ya. The only transaction detail I want to see in this thread is "I don't have the Ric Ollie towel anymore, I traded it for Harry Potter underoos." Besides, this is not a market square - just a list amongst friends of what you want and what you're trying to unload.

Whatever goes on is entirely between the two parties and has nothing to do with The Toronto Long Line, FanForce, our families, pets or garden gnomes. Caveat Emptor. But do play fair - because if I catch wind of anyone swindling a member of our group... I swear you will get such a pinch.

So happy collecting folks.

2. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Data;

"Caveat Emptor...'Let the buyer beware'..."

;)

On that note, I have a bucket of sand from Tunisa....taken from where Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru had their last BBQ....

Bidding starts at 100 quatloos-

Whoops! Sorry Tragic, my bad....

:p

3. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    I'll start.

Need 'em
    I'm after first printing hardcovers of Stephen King's The Shining, Salem's Lot and FireStarter. Preferably with the slipcovers.

I'm also keeping an eye open for Bernie Wrightson's illustrations for 'The Black Cat', an Edgar Allen Poe tale. I believe it was in an Eerie comic book, but I'm not sure.

Got 'em
    A selection of Marvel & DC Comics from early nineties. They're at the folks home right now, so I cant' provide exact issue numbers as of yet - but if you've a general collection you're trying to round out I may be able to help.

4. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Got : Two Star Wars Cake Display Signs (it pays to work in a bakery) One is three sided Featuring cut outs of Jango, C-3PO, and R2 D2. The others one is pretty mucha sing with a pic of Anakin from the hangar on one side and the droids on the other.

Need : Various issues of Marvel's Darkhawk

5. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, I know I have the 1st Darkhawk annual somewhere in my rather large pile of comic boxes. Don't know why I have it, probably some crossover...

Not really looking for anything that comes to mind. I'll keep thinking.

6. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Tragic: Love this thread already!

Ok here is my listing:
    Have: various Ep 1 KFC toys, Ep 1 sticker and stationery sets, an Ep 2 promo poster (yes, its the one I got in line...no wall space for it :(), various non Star Wars puzzles, and a copy of Stratego 4 sealed in its original shrink wrap that I won at Pandamoneum about 3 years ago.

Need: Aside from a U of T students sponsorship so I can be a non-student member of Hart House, not much, but I am sure I will think of something.

Sabrina

7. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    Got 'em -
    Luke on Tauntaun (POTF)
    Various Episode 1 figures
    Boba Fett (Episode 2)
    Jedi Starfighter

Need 'em -
    Ki-Adi-Mundi (Jedi Master)
    Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
    Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
    Mace Windu (Geonosian Rescue)
    Nikto (Jedi Knight)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Starfighter Pilot)
    Plo Koon (Arena Battle)
    Saesee Tiin (Jedi Master)
    Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
    Yoda (Jedi Master)
    & Eeth Koth (POTF)

8. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Haves:

Star Wars

- Bloody Saga Bespin Luke MOMC
    - TRU X-Wing
    - Loose stuff: EP1 Ki Adi Mundi, EU Luke, Commtech Reader w/ batteries
    - Target Arena Conflict Accessory Pack

Other toys:

- Japan Exclusive Encom Medicom 3.75 Inch TRON w/ Orange Lightcycle MIMB (not Kubrick Lego)
    - McFarlane Sportspicks Vince Carter Purple (Away Jersey) Variant MIMB
    - MOTU 1st Edition (Iron Cross Variant on Chest) He-Man (not the new cross design that are shipped now)
    - Hasbro/Funkskool GI Joe 3.75 Flint MOC
    - Yamato Macross 1/60 YF-19 2nd Edition

Comics

- Theatre Edition ESB Rogue Squadron Comic (2x)

Wants:

Set of Star Tours Droids MOC
    Jorg Sacul MOC
    TF Vader MOC
    Dagobah Vader (condition doesn't matter)
    Theatre Edition Luke MOC
    Loose POTJ Tusken Raider
    Loose Jedi Luke (that came with Desert Skiff box)
    Yamato Macross 1/60 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie
    US Carded FF Weequay MOC

9. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Got: A University of Toronto student card. Sabrina...track me down online sometime, we'll talk. :)

Cris~

10. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

Got: some new pants finally. :p oh and i have a U of T card as well. So sabrina, thats an option as well!

Want: more money. gah. being a student is bad for the wallet.

11. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Great Thread!

Got:
    -I *think* an empty set of Canadian empty Pepsi cans. (It might not be a full set, I'll look when I get home)
    -Some full Canadian Mace Windu cans

Really-Need-So-Badly:
    -A Full Watto Episode I Pepsi can from the US (mine is missing, even an empty one would be better than nothing!)
    -Cool Storm Cans! I never got any.

12. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Oh - that reminds me:

Gots
    A full can of Mountain Dew with Darth Maul... absolutely begging to be shook about and opened whilst saying 'My brains are spilling out'

13. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

***Tragic***

Talk to Ian (One_More_Shadow) about those Steven King books.....I'm sure I've seen what you're looking for in his apartment somewhere....

14. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Just reminded myself, also gots some PC games that I am finished with. Here is the list:

GOT:
    Warcraft 1, 2, 3
    Warcraft 2 Expansion Set
    Baldurs Gate, Baldurs Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast expansion set
    Baldur's Gate II Shadows of Amn (with Stragetgy Guide)
    Star Wars Ep. 1 Insider's Guide
    Sim City 3000 Unlimited

All are legal copies (ie not burns) and I have instruction manuals and some of the other material (ie maps, etc) for most of the ones that require them.

Looking for:

Age of Empires
    Age of Empires, The Rise of Rome
    some of the other Forgotten Realm's games
    Money is also always in need too.

Preference is for legal copies with manuals/maps etc

Interested people can PM me on the boards or email to sabrinafried@rogers.com.

Btw, thanks to everyone who offered me the use of their U of T card, I've made contact with the university and settled matters with them :)

Sabrina

15. Bertramtalespinner

Bertramtalespinner Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2000
    Dredging up this old thread...

I finally located the Ancaster Walmart, and found all three cantina sets. Feeling like I owed it to myself after driving in pouring rain, I grabbed them.

Coming to my senses, I'm not really sure I need these, but thought I would offer them to anyone here first before I go and get a refund.

So...

SORRY!!!

3.75" Hasbro figures. Greedo, Ponda and Momaw. Each with a part of the bar and drinks. They are better articulated versions of older sculpts. I figure I can do my own articulation, and I'd rather make a bar in one whole piece with all the trimmings.

16. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Catina sets of what?

17. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Toys...They are new, you can connect them to make a side...

18. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    The wave 2 Cantina sets consisting of Kitik Keed "kak", Wuher and Dr. Evazan should be out by the New Year as well.

on a side note...Toy Show this Sunday! Woohoo!

19. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Lelila I think I have the American Watto can but it's empty. E-mail me.

20. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    HOLY CRAP, Tragic!!! How did oyu know I wants to trade my HP undies for a Ric Olie towel? Now it's gonna look like I copied off y'all!

Hey - and as Mike will verify: if you are looking for US figs, just shoot me an email of what you are looking for. I can usually find it, unless it's the latest fricking wave or two that has been out for 3 months. Damn scaplers. :)

And what am I looking for:
    Canadian cans from E1 (I have the Qui Gon - wasn't there two others?)
    TF Vader
    A-Wing
    Beast Packs (Jabba/Han, Jawa/Ronto, Trooper/Dewback)

I have:
    Well, what are you looking for? THere's always something that can be traded, or found.

21. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

SWM seeks person with many Star Wars movie posters, say again, MOVIE poasters, not the ones of Jedi or Sith, or Anakin or whatever.....

Best results for those with posters framed, or done with that cool technique to a piece of wood....

Will pay with cash, a Ruby's lightsaber, or housework.

Thanks!

22. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Jeff,

"Canadian cans from E1 (I have the Qui Gon - wasn't there two others?)"

Are you thinking of the storm cans? There was Qui-Gon and Jar jar (I believe)

23. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    *glances across at wall* You mean laminated to wood JAke. Yeha got one of them, Duel of the FAtes Ep.I poster. I know where you can get that done for a decent rate.

Here anyways. You might want to checkout a Loblaws Photolab in London, they may do it there too.

24. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    I got this rare, hard to find poster...[image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Posters/Miscellaneous/trilo.gif]

25. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Andrew, what size is that one, I might be interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.