main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon GOT EPISODE II ON DVD --- Did you???

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by _Vengeance_, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Woo!!! Got episode II and Fellowship of the Ring Uber Edition last night... all I can say is... wow... Episode II has some cool special features, gotta sit down and watch the movie with commentary tonight. The actual movie seems worse then it was, the acting seems worse and stuff...

As for FotR Uber Edition... omg... the new scenes are just... freaking awesome. They added in stuff that I was kind of dissapointed didn't show up before (me being the Tolkien freak that I am) the special features are really cool too (and friggin long, there's like 4 or 5 hours of special features excluding commentaries)

So how about the rest of you? Had the chance to drool over a copy of Episode II or FotR Uber Edition? Like it? Don't Like it? POST!!!!

2. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    LOL, the movie seems worse? The movie is exactly the same with about 3 seconds of exceptions as I hear, but haven't watched it yet.

The acting is great, I never understand that criticism from other movie critics, and being a movie critic myself, I feel comfortable saying that my colleagues are simply wrong. I appreciate the same quality in movies they do, and they are not watching the films objectively, obviously, or they wouldn't be arriving at simply false conclusions.

Anyway, enjoy the DVD :) So far I've lent out my DVD to another friend so I've not even checked it out much. I did already see the film 54 times, so I'm not in a hurry to watch it yet again. I have too many other movies to see that I've not even seen once.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I got mine on Tuesday as well! I still haven't absorbed all the special features and everything, though.

4. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I got the widescreen version of Ep. 2 earlier tonight. I haven't had a chance to look at all the extra goodies. I started to watch the movie, and saw the 3 seconds added on. My step-dad was being an a$$ and said that he saw that at the IMAX showing. Did any of you see it at any theatre, after he killed the Sandpeople and is talking to Padme? I didn't.

My mom will have the FOTR special deluxe thingamagiger soon. I can't wait to see it as well.

-IJedi

5. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Just got done "absorbing" FotR uber edition again (well... maybe it was 8 hours ago, but still!)... can't... stop... watching...

I Quendi nar i vala o Endorëmmë!!!
    (for the Elvish illiterates... well, just try and guess ;) )

Anyways... yes Bowen, the movie seemed worse, lol. I guess it's 'cause now I can stop it wherever I want, and play back stuff. Heh... what happened to GL... I hope Episode 3 is better then 1 and 2...

Oh yeah, big plus to buying FotR Uber-Godly-Best DVD-The Shizzit Edition, you get a free ticket to The Two Towers... good stuff... yup...

6. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I have no clue what you are talking about.

Lucas is a visionary director and TPM as well as AOTC are two of the greatest movies ever made. I say that both as a movie critic / film buff and as a Star Wars fan.

I love those movies, and both are my two favorites of the saga. I'm sorry you obviously didn't appreciate them as much as many of us did.

Imperial Jedi, you are right, hehe, no those extra seconds were not there in the IMAX version.

I don't know about you all, but I'm excited the IMAX film is doing very well! It's doing way better than I would have imagined. Honestly when I heard about this rumor (it was a rumor at the time) of an IMAX release, I thought it would maybe be able to make about $5 million extra. Well, it's already almost at $4 million and has all of the rest of November and December to play as well as about a week in January apparently (maybe some theaters are keeping it longer? I do not know if it ends everywhere Jan. 5). It is definitely going to pass Independence Day here in the next week, then it will have a great shot at passing Return of the Jedi, which will happen I am 100% sure, and it has a very good shot at The Lion King, which would break it into the top 10 of all time. It then has almost as good of a shot at BEATING Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, which stands just a million or so above The Lion King. At that point, it has a very, very slim chance of overtaking Harry Potter at $317 million. That will not happen, I am pretty sure, but if it can somehow find a way to beat Lord of the Rings, I would be one very, very happy Star Wars fan...

Nobody ever argues that Harry Potter is better than either LOTR or Star Wars (duh), but in AOTC passing LOTR, it would eliminate the already idiotic and invalid argument that because LOTR made more money, it is "therefore more popular and better," which really isn't true. AOTC should fix this situation, and nobody can argue that it isn't fair either, because if any of you followed the box office run of LOTR, it actually stopped at about $300 million and ONLY because the studio allowed it to play *forever* did it climb to $313 million, which is exactly what is going to happen with AOTC too (it is playing much longer than expected). So, two can play at that game. :)

Don't get me wrong, though, LOTR was my favorite film from 2001 and I saw about 100 movies with that release year. A.I. was my 2nd favorite film, followed very closely by Donnie Darko.

7. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    My fav series/stories/movies are Star Wars, LOTR, and Harry Potter. SW is first, and LOTR and Harry Potter are battling it out in my conscious. I wanted to see HP ASAP, but I managed to wait until after the opening weekend to watch it, meaning today. That way I could help lower its opening weekend profits. The movie was great!

-IJedi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.