GOT MY LANYARD AND PASS TODAY BY UPS

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by autographjeff, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. autographjeff Jedi Knight

star 1
    I got my lanyard and pass today from UPS. I got 2 passes and one lanyard to go around my neck.... is that the only special thing for being a member... and how does the my wife carry hers? just she ducktape it to her chest or something?-- this seems kind of ****** service to me...-- let me know

jeff
  2. vadersfist Jedi Knight

star 2
    That is odd. I assumed there would be a non-member lanyard. Maybe they hand them out there...? I dunno. It's too bad you & your wife will be seperated at some times & attractions. :(
  3. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    It's probably BYOL as it appears a fan club lanyard is the method they're using to tell members from non-members. You can order 1 pass per week and get a lanyard with it (due to the 1 per week lanyard limit) and that would take care of it but it's a little late for you now (and me as well, 3 passes, 1 lanyard).
  4. snap-hiss Force Ghost

star 5
    [image=http://www.collectstarwars.com/images/SWC2pass.jpg]

:D

I thought the fan club lanyards were supposed to be yellow... what's the deal?

!snap
  5. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    Yellow, Why Yellow?

It is for each membership, you get a Lanyard. Not per badge purchased, Makes sense to me.

You can always buy an lanyard. I have seen then for sale for a few bucks.
  6. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    My dad an I figured out how to to get ourselves each a lanyard, even tough I'm the only member in the family. :) :D
  7. vadersfist Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, do you plan to share this wisdom with us, Sithman.....???
  8. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Likely wait a week or so between purchasing your pass as the lanyard is limited to one per week. This means you buy one ticket and lanyard, wait a week, buy another ticket and lanyard. Rinse. Repeat until you have all the passes with lanyard's you need.
  9. whojedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Actually, that is not correct. The distribution of lanyard is not based on time, but strictly on membership. One fan club lanyard is given out with each membership regardless of the number of passes you buy.

If you go back in one week or one month and you have already received a member lanyard, you won't get another. The only way to receive additional fan club lanyards is to open a new membership with a different email account (as that is how they track it online).
  10. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yah, whojedi[/i]'s right. You want to know how?

Well, my dad (who's not a member) is able to get a lanyard by paying the $30 that you would need to pay for a second subscription. BUT! Instead of receiving 2 magazines to one house, which is plain ol' retarded, $20 worth of the subscription goes toward another year of subsciption (and therefore membership because I started my subscription before Wizards took over) added on to the subscription I currently have and the remaining $10 worth I got as a gift certificate at SWFan.Wizards.com!!! For $10 I can buy an action figure! :)

Now my dad and I both get into the SWCII special member events, I get another year on my subscription (which I would have gotten anyways) and I get $10 worth of gift certificates to spend on Star Wars stuff! How can you beat THAT?

Hope that helps you all!
  11. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    My Badge and Lanyard came in the mail today.

It will be in a safe place for the next 5+ months.
  12. Kenneth-Morgan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I got mine via UPS yesterday. Now, I've got to go buy a fireproof, shockproof, radiation-proof, armored, titanium alloy vault to keep it in until next May.

13. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Ah, but is it magnetically sealed?

14. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I got mine today, do all the passes have Anikan on them?
  15. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  16. vadersfist Jedi Knight

star 2
    Got mine today! WHOOP!
  17. LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I got both of my lanyards and passes. VERY excited that Anakin is on the front.
  18. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Just wondering, all of you who have been getting yours lately, when did you order them? My dad and I ordered ours on the 17th and they're still not here (I sorta expect them tomorrow though). So I would just like to know how many days it took for your lanyards/passes to arrive after you ordered them. :)
  19. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    I ordered mine of the 15th and got it on the 20th.
  20. quinlan-vos Jedi Knight

Does anyone who's on the single day passes?
    Has anyone bothered getting a single day pass?

Does anyone know when they're actually going to start posting information? How dumb is it to put passes on sale, and not have ANY info on what's going to happen that weekend.

21. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    I'm going to get my wife a one day pass, but we decided to wait until she decides which day she wants to attend.
  22. whojedi Jedi Master

star 3
    In addition to all of the three day passes I ordered, I got an extra Saturday pass and I will post a picture or description when I get it. Should be first of the week.
  23. Lost in Coruscant Jedi Knight

star 2
    Humph, I think I got mine, but my mom says they're my Christmas presents and can't open them until then.
  24. Doright Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I got mine in the mail on wednesday.
    :D :D
    :D :D

Sweet. Lets just hope I do not loose them.
  25. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday, do they? :(

BTW, does it seem weird that I ordered my pass on the 17th and I still don't have it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.