main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Got some spare time?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by sirliam, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirliam

sirliam Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2001
    It's amazing what some spare time, hand tools and a little imagination can come up with. Have a boo: http://www.macmod.com/content/view/371/101/

2. NessaSolo

NessaSolo Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    If I weren't strictly PC I would kill to have one of those. :)
    Very neat.

3. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Speaking of time, anyone game to construct a minor float for the Xmas Day parade? Was thinking in terms of the Emperor's throne a la JEDI towards the front, with a flat board mural on the back of an X-Wing and TIE fighter. Recognisable scenes for even the most mundane person. Randy, I know you're all for walking the route, but I'm afraid I'm not up to a five-miler anymore, and I really don't think Darkside Dave can manage it in full DV armour. You and "T" certainly won't be able to do it in your more highly visible red and blue guard outfits and the stormtroopers will kill themselves with the chafing. Get the brains going guys. We should be able to scrounge scrap lumber from the various construction sites around town and the paint shouldn't cost that much, but we need to do it NOW. We only have two months.

4. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Actually, to walk the parade route would be the preferable option - and certainly the one that would bring the most close-up joy, thrills and satisfaction to all those along the way. Imagine what a treat it will be for kids and, yes, of course adults as well - kids of *all* ages, naturally - to see Darth Vader walking right close by....or perhaps a Royal Guard or Imperial trooper leaning over to shake their hand....these are experiences that can simply not be substituted for anything else - and they are just as fulfilling for we who are in the costumes, traipsing around and bringing joy and delight, as they are for the people on hand to check out all the fun. That is a unique and very wonderful opportunity whenever it comes along, and most definitely we should take it; I cannot imagine a better way to get people interested, intrigued, and looking to actively participate as well. Walking the parade route affords us this delightful chance - and I certainly look forward to it! :D

Dawn.

5. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    It's a good idea, although for the Xmas parade is only a few blocks, as opposed to the Victoria Day parade, even I prefer not to be in a helmet in a parade that long.

The design of the float is a good idea, with any luck our resident Emperor has his outfit and will be ready to go soon. Especially if Tony's Trick and Joke Shop get's there Halloween supply!

We still need a frame to mount the float and a means to transport it. A golf cart with some Tie Fighter wings would look good, pulling a flat bed with the Emperor's throne, or perhaps we could get Santa on it?

Something to discuss in a comittee!

Randy

6. sirliam

sirliam Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2001
    The mini factor pc motherboards would fit in a YT-1300 too ;) There may even be someone on this list willing to do the work is you wanted to buy the parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.