main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Got the name right!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Master_Sifo-Dyas, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Sifo-Dyas

Master_Sifo-Dyas Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    Ok everyone, I got the spelling right this time.I thought it was spelt Siphadius,or Siferdious ( kat pointed out that if you remove the "fer" in siferdious it spells Sidious. Creepy.)Anyhow .I didn't read the novel (allthough I did read the comic)somehow I think I skimmed though the Sifo-dyas part and didn't know how it was spelt.never the less I got it right ( needed to reregister)and now I'm master_sifo-dyas.Now then Who was this guy? is he in any of the SWEGTC's books or any archive? The man is a mystery.

2. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

A mysterious man...uh oh! its batman!!! hey, ever wonder about batman, i mean the guy is living life on the psychological edge, one little tip and there could be some serious bat carnage...i think robin is secretly there for emotional support :D

3. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Geogre Lucas is Batman. Does that mean, Rick McCallum is Robin?

4. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    *Cough*

The one that ordered the clones was Qui-Gon...

*Cough*

5. Psiberian

Psiberian Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2000
    That was quite the segue Elewyn!

For what it's worth - In the current Batman comics, Bruce Wayne is wanted for the murder of his girlfriend - I don't think he really did it though (Though as a result, he has renounced the Bruce Wayne identity completely, and decided to be Batman permanently...)

6. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Yes and just think the whole fugitive story all started with the DC 10 cent comic. BTW Marvel will be introducing the 9 cent comic next month ( I kid you not) using Fantastic Four as it's promotion.

7. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    The man has serious problems!

I'm mean, seriously folks, Bats are cute, fuzzy creatures, who in their right mind would find that scary - try saving the world as Hello Kitty!

8. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Hmm? I wonder if bats was a jedi? actually he might end up a sith lord.I'll tell you what I noticed, that the Green lantern corps
    is very much like the jedi (if anyone here know the whole Green lantern Hal jordan Paralax story, and especialy what happened in the last issue,) you'll see the parallel.

9. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    And if we don't?

I haven't read a Lantern story in years (Invasion or some other Crossover thing)

10. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Well I'll try to sum it up.Lets see, Hal Jorden go's bullistic after Costal city gets detroyed ( the woman that he loved was there) the Gardians ( the little blue yoda like guys )did nothing to prevent it's destruction.So Hal ends up killing all the other green lanterns and the gardians ( except for Ganthet)Then siphens all the green energy from the Power battery becomes extremly powerful and evil ( vader like) and turns into a character called Paralax The aurmor and cape sort of reminds me of you know who,Anyhow Ganthet gives the last ring to a guy named Kyle Ranor(whos kind of like the last hope) whew! shuld I go on?

11. Psiberian

Dec 7, 2000
    To sum up: A Bad Guy(tm) blew up Hal Jordan's (The Silver Age, and most commonly known, Green Lantern) home city, so Hal pretty much went bonkers and wiped out the entire GL Corps. Taking all of the power for himself. He tried to use the power to rewrite the entire universe "his way", but he was stopped by all the other heroes - In the end, he realized the error of his ways(tm), and sacrificed himself in order to save the Earth from a giant space creature who was going to eat the Sun. (His soul was then chosen to become the new Spectre)

In the meantime, the one remaining Guardian (The alien race who were the keepers of the Lantern's power) decided to pass the one remaining GL ring on to a young (and apparently random) kid named Kyle Rayner. Rayner spent several years learning and growing in power, until recently he was finally able to restore the Guardians and the GL power - paving the way for the creation of a new Corps.

Whew...And that was the short version. Anyhow - Yes. There are some obvious parallels there... :)

12. Psiberian

Dec 7, 2000
    I think that's more then enough explanation Sifo! :D

13. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    Ah man, I hate when they completely screw with a character.

Wolverine has bone claws (stupid, stupid, stupid!), Iron Man and Batman are crippled and others take over - this is why I got out of collecting comics.

14. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Hey there ken! Have you been reading Origin?

Psiberian: Well said! Yes! I figured where Hal failed ( by turning to the dark side and killing everyone ) kyle succeeded by not allowing all that godlike power to turn him evil,instead he regenerates the battery and the planet Owa and well you said the rest.
    I like the scene with Ganthet crying as he sees the childlike guardians coming out of the battery.

where Anakin Failed(by turning to the dark side Killing all the jedi)and becoming vader,Luke succeeds by not giving into the dark side and thus redeming his father who thus sacrifices himself to save his son and the galaxy. GASP! whew.

15. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

Personally i am a fan of cross-gen when it comes to comics, meridian is an amazing series, every page is cover art and the story is fantastic.

For those bored of the traditional stuff, try reading some cross-gen! good stuff!

16. Psiberian

Dec 7, 2000
    I'd have to disagree with you there Kenobi. Things happen. People change. Cities get blown up (in comics, anyway), and if that happened to you, you probably wouldn't take it very well either. I really liked this storyline, since I thought it took a lot of guts to do something like this to their main character and KEEP it that way.

On the other hand, when they do a stupid change, keep it for a while, and then just change things back, it annoys the heck out of me - The most obvious example of this was the dumb "Superman goes electric" storyline. There was never a good reason given for this happening, and there was never any chance that he would stay that way. It sucked. Batman getting his back broken was almost like that, since you KNEW that he would eventually recover - however, it wasn't a bad story overall.

Wolverine finding out he had bone claws wasn't changing the character at all. It was just revealing a new mystery. It wasn't even a new thing - The fact that the claws were his and not given to him with the Adamantium had been hinted at years earlier in another comic. He's got his Adamantium back now anyway - and they just finished finally revealing his full origin, so a lot of those mysteries have now been cleared up.

17. Psiberian

Dec 7, 2000
    Elewyn: I really like Crossgen! I've been reading it since it first started, and have almost every one of their comics.

Crossgen is what happens when a multi-millionare decides he wants to start a comic company - He buys up all of the best talent from the main companies and produces some great books.

However, they are also the most expensive books - and I might have to drop them for awhile until I'm a little more monetarily secure. Hopefully it won't be too long.

18. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Elewyn: Yes,unfortunately we don't get enough cross-gen stuff. :(

19. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

I wait until the graphic novels come out and thus avoid paying heavy cover prices for individual comics...because it takes awhile for the novels to come out, i get to save up in the mean time. Lukily for me i only read Meridian

20. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

Sifo_Dyas, You may not have cross-gen but you have one kick-ass Bender figure from Futurama!!!!!

21. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Elewyn:

Thanks!

22. Psiberian

Dec 7, 2000
    Wait? How do you manage to do that?

(Wednesday here...comics in...must go spend money...)

When it comes to the things I collect, my willpower could use a little work... ;)

23. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    I'm a sucker for the new Transformers comics.
    Dreamwave's anime style of drawing the Autobots and Decepticons are amazing. It's like night and day compared to the sucky art work from Marvel awhile back.

24. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Hey Markham Boy, do you know where Pat Lee's office is??? :D :D :D

25. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Ah!
    wait till you see the new G-force and Thundercats comics that are coming down the pipe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.