main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Got the name right!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Master_Sifo-Dyas, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    G-FORCE!!!

*Kat falls over with glee*

2. Master_Sifo-Dyas

Master_Sifo-Dyas Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
  3. Psiberian

Psiberian Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2000
    (I can't seem to get off of this thread... ;) )

I love the new Transformers comics! Great art, great story, and Transformers! What more can you ask for?

And to top it all off, it's a Toronto based company, so yay for the hometown boys!

Have you heard of the other new Transformers projects that are in the works?

4. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Markham Girl....actually, my friend who owns Heroes World comic store on Hwy. 7 and Kennedy actually knows Pat Lee.

Thundercats already looked cool back in the day. I like the way it was.

G-Force...boy, back in the day when Yo****aka Amano did cartoon drawings. I like how "ghetto" it looks. Boy, can't believe it was the same guy that laid the original character artwork sketches for the Final Fantasy series.

Transformers needed the improvement IMO. Thundercats and G-Force looked good enough for me.

5. Jedi_Kat

Jan 6, 2002
    Hey Mike!

Shawn, Toronto based my foot! MARKHAM based!!!

Markham Boy...their office is up the street from me!! Woohoo! I get to go skulk around and perhaps peek through windows!

6. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Does anyone else have this anoying black bar at the edge of there screen?

7. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

annoying black bar...no. Annoying computer that seems to crash at the drop of a hat...yes.

8. Psiberian

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah Sifo - I think it has something to do with the annoying black bar at the top of the screen...

Kat - Remember at Tim's after Spider-Man, how I was saying that Thundercats was the only 80's cartoon that hadn't been picked up yet? Well, so much for that! :)

9. Psiberian

Dec 7, 2000
    Sorry Kat...But it's still close enough that I can feel proud... :)

10. Jedi_Kat

Jan 6, 2002
    Markham is NOT, I repeat, NOT a part of Toronto. So, they are NOT Toronto-based. Just like stupid Hayden Christensen is NOT from Toronto! He's from Thornhill! Makes me want to yell bloody murder. They (Thornhill) have this wonderful opportunity to get put on the map...and it's stolen by that whale of a city called Toronto! (NOT that I don't love T.O...far from it, I adore it...but I am a proud York Regioner first and foremost! 905? That's ME!)

11. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    Kat, cool...perhaps you can beg for a signed Lithograph or poster. I'm thinking about buying some of their artwork...simply amazing. They'll most likely be at the Sci Fi Expo in August so that would be cool to meet them.

12. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

What about me? stuck in scarbrough! sigh. there are people from downtown afraid to come here. I think the amalgamation at least helped us scarberians to not all be lumped together as gang members and drug dealers

13. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Psiberian:
    Yup there's a black bar at the top as well What gives? Alex ross will be doing the covers of G-force.

I've actually got a very cool diecast model of the Phoenix with all the other vehicles that fit in place sitting very nicely on one of my speakers. :cool:

14. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    Sifo, where did you buy that? I was thinking about ordering one from Robozone.com

Scarbrough...hmm....I guess that's why people still call it "Scarlem".

15. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    My boss gave it to me as a gift!

I't was like...Well a lot of money.

16. Psiberian

Dec 7, 2000
    We used to play G-Force in the playground when I was in Elementary school (Gr. 3 or 4 - long time ago). We had one of those rocket-ship style monkeybars with the big pod at the back (Kheop's pod) that was the Pheonix, and I even made those armbands so that we could "transmute!". I always played Mark. :)

Kat - I said I was sorry...Remember, I'm not really from Toronto either - my hometown is a tiny little place in Northren Ontario that most people have never even heard of - so I admit I am a bit clueless about the local geography. From what I can tell, Markham seems like a great place, and from now on I'll always say that that is where Dreamwave is from...Promise! :)

17. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    Sifo, man..you have the coolest boss. That Phoenix sure ain't cheap being fully die cast and all.

Psi, I know what you mean. When I was a kid me and my friends did the same. I got to play Jason. We made those pentagram wristbands out of masking tape. Don't ask us how we "tried" to stand on top of each to make the G-Force whirlwind attack though.

18. Psiberian

Dec 7, 2000
    Hmmm...Can't remember doing that...I may have blocked it out though... ;)

19. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Hey Kat!

there's a great model shop up there called collectors lane I like going to on ocation.

I also like Pasific mall.

20. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002
    wow you guys had the coolest recess games! when i was a kid we played a long standing roleplaying game of Return to Oz, (as in we're off to see the wizard not some seedy prison drama) i got to be Ann, Dorothy's little known and of course completely fabricated younger sister...i still pity the poor kid who had to be Tick Tock

21. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Actually that Agincourt isn't it. sorry my bad.

22. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

WHOO HOO! go agincourt thats scarberia, or part of it anyways :D seeeee! not everything here is gangland

23. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Oh man we use to play G-force Star wars, godzilla, super heros, You name it. man those were the days. :p

24. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    Pacific Mall is a rip off. Best toy store for imports from Japan is called Toys Square at First Markham Place. That's where I get all my Transformers and Macross toys.

Nothing beats recess role-playing games of Transformers or GI Joe.

25. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Gees now what was this topic all about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.