main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Got Website?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by FearAndBullets, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    I checked last night and our group name dot com is available for $12 a year at weblaunching.net. I also found a really great host, readyhosting.com costs $99 year and includes free new domain registration. Unmetered data transfer. Unlimited email, Unlimited email aliases, Unlimited auto responders, 500mb web space, 99% uptime guarantee, 24 hour FTP, etc. I've been looking for my own personal hosting and I am going to go with them myself. If we can all manage to go in on the site together, we can put our web address on the t-shirts. Any thoughts here?

2. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Everyone chipping in makes it more affordable...not to mention the feeling of "contribution" even if you're not Web-savvy.

I'm in. :)

3. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I'd be willing to chip in a few bucks,just let me know.

4. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I'd chip in a couple bucks also. Something else to talk about at the April 13 meeting? Thanks for the work FaB!

5. FearAndBullets

Jan 4, 2001
    If we could get everyone to chip in a few bucks, we'll be all set. My biggest problem is that i'm unemployed and don't have the financial means to purchase everything outright, like the site or the shirts. I can contribute, but I can't pay it in full. I can collect a few dollars from everyone at the next meeting and put the site on a card and send it in the next day...if that'll work for everyone? I hope that i'm not scaring everyone with trying to do so much. I just want to see this thing grow. And if I can't contribute much as far as money or making it out to every social event, I try to give my time and abilities.

6. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm in. I like the idea of everyone giving money for it.

7. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I can pitch in. Also, if their is any help needed with the website I can do that as well.

8. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    The more people we have chipping in, the less each person has to pay. So let's get those members! :)

9. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    I'll definately chip in!

10. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    I'll chip in some also!, and I'll try to help out with it as much as I can.

11. jedi_blynnj

jedi_blynnj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    I'll chip in! No problem!

12. FearAndBullets

Jan 4, 2001
    thanks for all of the great replies!

We'll figure out the cost at the next meeting, and who'll be designing, working and maintaining it. We'll split the cost evenly. If someone in the group isn't going to be at the meeting and would like to chip in, i'm sure we can arrange something. I think that we can have a basic site up in a matter of days after the meeting. Which will be a great thing to correspond with our promotional items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.