main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Gotham City

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sentinel-825, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentinel-825

Sentinel-825 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2007
    OOC: NickLitYouAFlame and Saintheart, regarding your current issue: I'm going to go ahead and call Nick's post godmoding. Your sudden discovery of Sandover's secret identity was premature and unexplained, and something like that would require my approval beforehand.

We're still waiting on a couple Dark Knights to make their appearance, and then I'll get down to business.

[b]IC: Officer Renee Montoya[/b]
    [i]Fritella's Jewelers; Gotham City[/i]

Renee studied the crime scene. It was an apparent robbery, as the window of the jewelry store had been smashed in by a brick that laid at the base of the shattered glass, but it was the lifeless bodies of the four apparent thiefs that threw her off. If they had been robbing the place, and they ended up dead, then someone must have stopped them. A fifth burglar with a change of heart? Doubtful. Probably another vigilante, Lord knew how many of those Gotham was seeing lately. But this one used a gun, which was new.

Renee looked over at the plump, tooth pick chewing Harvey Bullock, whom she'd closely worked with for a few years now. "Harv," she got his attention as he was staring blankly at the scene, "call in [b]Walker[/b]."

"Yeah," Harvey responded dully in his heavy yankee accent. "Ay, you!" He pointed to a young officer who's gun was still drawn. "Put the gun down and get me a phone, will ya?" The rookie nodded, clearly nervous, and handed Harvey a cell phone a few seconds later. "Good grief, kid, screw your head on tighter next time." Opening the flip phone, Harvey dialed Keith Walker's phone number. It was late, but every detective on the force knew that this was a twenty-four hour job.

Harvey heard Montoya mutter something about him being too hard on people, but he ignored her, choosing to listen to the monotonous dial tone instead.

[b]Tag: LordPullus[/b]

2. renegade142

renegade142 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2007
    IC: Masha Treskov - Abandoned Wayne Enterprises Testing Facility

Masha shuffled to the side of the entrance as others began to enter the room. She caught site of a man enter the room. The lift descended again and a woman stepped out. Masha felt a slight relief realizing she wasn't the only girl here... she glanced at her as she walked by. Masha's grey eyes darted from one body to another. The man whom had recently come down the lift took off his trench coat, Masha blinked in shock at what she saw... W-wings...?, swaying in curiosity, confusion, and awe. She regained her balance as her heartbeat quickened and stared at the floor That's not natural, she thought, You'll be fine. thinking reassuringly.

TAGS: The Dark Knights

OOC: Just a note so there's no confusion, like I've experienced in previous threads; I ALWAYS put my thoughts in italics.

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: On my issue, Sentinel, I still like the hook of an unexpected package, and with the GM's permission I'd like to respond as if the letter contains no reference to the Dark Knights. That should sort it out. Meanwhile, I'm waiting on Dick to start the briefing. :)

4. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    IC:Keith Walker
    Gotham City lower eastside

The night was deathly cold even as another cloud of fog swept through the back alleys of the Graden projects home to most of Gotham's street dealers of any classifcation of narcotics you could think of. Usually at this time of night one had to either hold great confidence in their ability to defend themselves from the roaming gangs or hold a reputation so well knwon that no one would dare cross you for fear of their own farewell if they did. A lone figure who possessed both was exiting from a side door of an apartment complex dressed in clothes that would suggest he was a hustler of the street, yet each resident of the projects knew the story behind the paced strides of the lone figure a reputation that had been hard earned over the past few years.

"Ghost"

The call came from a black teenage male dressed in basketball shorts with a jacket barely shielding his thin frame from the nights bone chilling weather. The figure turned his head in acknowledgement as he drew closer to the driver side door of his black monte carlo a indifferent look masked his facial features completely.

"Tyrese what are you still doing out at this time of night.........curfew is not something you should play with especially with the gangs on the move again", the figure known as Keith Walker addressed the young man as he opened his door smoothly.

His street alias was a referance that gang members, and drug circles appointed the Gotham City Narcotics detective after many cases where solved or brought to close by Keith's stealth amongst them. Gangs, and dealers learned to stay clear of the meancing detective coroporating when times called for it which Keith made sure to return in keeping a strict truce between the gangs. The young man infront of him currently was a former gang member turned college basketball hopeful who Keith had managed to draw away from the street life after a tradigy struck close to the young man's home life. Despite all the cases that kept the narcotics detective quite busy Keith still managed to keep an eye on the kids he helped in the lower eastside project.

"I was just on my way home from the blacktop on 57th what you doin down here Ghost"?

Tyrese's question raised Keith's eyebrow momentarily as he thought of the reason he had been brought to the project laden part of Gotham, but thought better of it then to mention why he was there to Tyrese. Glancing at his watch briefly Keith muttered a non responsive answer to the young man who knew that the detective wasn't going to say to much about his reason for being there.

"Awe nothing more then the usual Ty.........but you should really get home", Keith answered as his cell phone rang.

Taking a quick glance at the LCD screen on his slide phone the detective sighed wearily as the caller ID displayed Harvey Bullock's name. Keith opened the phone to answer as his eyes motioned for Tyrese to head home before answering.

"Walker"........

Tags:GM

5. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    IC: Geist
    Roof of Abandoned Wayne Enterprises Testing Facility

When I said I'd use the front door...I lied. The front door was several stories below and would necessitate either a return trip to the other building along with an elevator ride back down, or a drop right to the ground. My lungs screamed 'NO!' to the first idea, and everything else screamed 'NO!' to the latter idea.

So back door -or rather top door- became the solution du jour. I strolled over to the roof access door and tried it. Locked, just like I'd suspected.

A few swift kicks to the wooden plank, though, and the lock was not a problem any more.

Third try, I found the right floor, and approached the room. Couldn't eavesdrop very well from nearby rooms. *%$#!

Had to brave the Dark Knights themselves. I approached the door, hoping I wouldn't be the only one in costume, took a deep breath, braced myself, and turned the handle.

Hands up, walked right in, "Evenin'. Geist," I introduced myself. Short sentences. Nervous... "Know I'm not officially invited. Don't wanna be on the members' list neither. Work alone. Just..." Christ I'm rambling, I thought, Rambling in #%*^ing sentence fragments... "First night on the job. Little slow is all.

"Can't reveal source, but a loyal cop mentioned you." It was close enough to the truth. The cop had just been talking to John Mason, not Geist. In as swift a motion as I could, I tossed my gun onto the table. If I'd been too slow about it, I might've been forcibly disarmed, which would have made my first impression even worse. I resumed the hands up position, but realized how sick of it I was getting, "Mind if I smoke in here?"

Tag: Dark Knights

6. JENNA

JENNA Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    IC: Arianna

Ari felt slightly intimidated by being around the older Knights. Being 18, Arianna wasn't quite as experienced as the others at superhero buisness. But hopefully with some more training that would all change. Arianna was awre that there might be one or more people even younger then her in the Dark Knights, but Ari didn't know said-person very well.

"Still trying to find the Joker's hideout with no luck."

Arianna grimaced for a moment. "Yeah, Joker's not easy to find when he doesn't want to be found. If you need any help, I'll be happy to give you a hand," Ari offered, and nodded. Info was good. "So what's up, Dick?"
    Ari asked her leader, turning her gaze onto the man before them all.

Tag: Dick, Dark Knights

7. Sentinel-825

Jun 17, 2007
    OOC:
    That's perfectly fine.

[b]IC: Dick Grayson[/b]
    [i]Current Dark Knights HQ; Abandoned Wayne Enterprises Testing Facility; Gotham City[/i]

There were several questions directed to Dick that he was unable to answer at the moment due to the arrival of someone unexpected, and unexpected arrivals did not usually result in good news. But like his mentor had taught him years ago, 'Expect the unexpected.'

[i]"Can't reveal source, but a loyal cop mentioned you. Mind if I smoke in here?"[/i]

"Well, I suppose if he mentioned us, then he isn't very loyal, is he? And no, there is no smoking in here," Dick said sternly, as he knew that the unannounced visitor wasn't the only one in the room who enjoyed a puff every now and then. He would need to find out what cop mentioned the Knights and set him (or her) straight. For all he knew, this person may not have been the only one to overhear such loose talk. "What is your purpose here?"

[b]Tag: SephyCloneNo15, Dark Knights[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC: Harvey Bullock[/b]
    [i]Fritella's Jewelers; Gotham City[/i]

"Yeh, Walker, it's Bullock," Harvey spoke into the phone as Detective Walker answered over the other line. "We got a homicide down at the jewelry store, eh, Frechello's or somethin' like that. We need ya down here, pronto."

[b]Tag: LordPullus[/b]

8. LordPullus

Jul 6, 2006
    En route to Fritella's Jewelers, Gotham City

"Yeh, Walker, it's Bullock," Harvey spoke into the phone as Detective Walker answered over the other line. "We got a homicide down at the jewelry store, eh, Frechello's or somethin' like that. We need ya down here, pronto."

The heavy accented voice of his department collegue came over loud, yet somewhat distorted due to the lack of signal the phone received under the overpass Keith stood under. Tyrese stood infront of the car listening as Keith tried to picture the location he was being told to report to the night air causing the heat from their bodies to rise like fog in the night. Finally getting a mental picture of the store front's location the ex-army ranger replied with a lack of enthusiasm.

"You mean Fritella's yeah I know the place just give me 15 minutes I'm coming from the Lower Eastside", Keith answered before remembering the last time he had reported to a crime scene Bullock called him to. "And Harvey..........make sure no rookie touches anything until I get there", he added before shuting the phone off turning his attention back to Tyrese.

"Sounds like somebody came up tonight Ghost"

The comment was an average sentiment Keith had heard often in the projects when a crime had been committed especially in the wealthier parts of Gotham. With a nod of his head Keith turned to get into his Monte Carlo, but not before instructing Tyrese to go home.

"You maybe right kid, but that's my problem to deal with..........you better get home though you don't want your mother up this late waiting for you", Keith spoke in a tone not leaving room for contestation before closing the door his key in the ignition turned to bring the V-12 engine of his car to life.

He watched as Tyrese crossed the street in a few strides jogging into the same apartment complex Keith had exited a few minutes earlier before easing his foot from the clutch giving the gas some pressure as the custom black Monte Carlo roared out of the Gradian Projects heading uptown.

*twenty minutes later*

The black Monte Carlo entered a street infested with fire trucks, ambulances, and at least a dozen patrol cars with a few television vans not to far off. Parking on the far side of the congregation of people, and vehicles Keith got out of the car pulling his leather jacket over his upper body trying to shield his body from the weather seemed to be just as cold if not a tad bit colder then it had been in the projects. Walking towards the scene Keith noted the yellow caution tape stretched around the perimeter, and without causing any noise or fuss he slipped amongst a few patrol officers who didn't give him a second look passing them up until he came to a stop behind two fellow detectives who had ranking seniority over him.

"So what do we got here besides broken glass, and sirens blaring in the middle of the night once again", Keith asked in a low toned voice as he drew a pair of plastic gloves from his coat pocket slipping them on while he waited for an answer from either Bullock or Montoya.

Tags:GM

9. renegade142

renegade142 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2007
    IC: Masha Treskov - Abandoned Wayne Enterprises Testing Facility, Gotham City

Another entered the room; "Can't reveal source, but a loyal cop mentioned you. Mind if I smoke in here?" Asked the oddly dressed man.

The silence from the man at the end of the table was killing Masha. She was about to turn around and leave when he finally spoke;

"Well, I suppose if he mentioned us, then he isn't very loyal, is he? And no, there is no smoking in here," and asked a question Masha didn't bother to listen to. He finally spoke breaking the tension forming in Masha's mind, she steadied her breathing and listened to the conversations.

TAGS: Anyone inside the room.

10. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Abandoned Wayne Enterprises Testing Facility

"What is your purpose here?"

"Same as the rest of you," I replied, reasonably truthfully. "Been a Bat fan since A..." caught myself about to let slip that I was a cop, "...since I was a kid. I tried the solo route for a few hours tonight, thought it'd fit. Didn't. Turns out on my salary I can't afford any of the fancy equipment that made working alone a possibility for Bats. Then I remembered hearing you guys were meeting here and thought I'd try and sign up, maybe get a members' discount on a grappling hook gun and some Your-name-here-a-rangs."

I opened my Thermos, making a point to show everyone that it was just coffee, and took a swig right out of the container while waiting for the next question.

11. Sentinel-825

Jun 17, 2007
    IC: Harvey Bullock / Renee Montoya
    Fritella's Jewelers; Gotham City

"So what do we got here besides broken glass, and sirens blaring in the middle of the night once again?"

"A mess, that's what we got," Harvey replied, spitting out his current chewed up toothpick and replacing it with a new one from his pocket.

Renee stepped up to Keith. "Four bodies in an apparent robbery. Only problem is the thieves are the dead ones." Renee pointed to the four bodies, each scattered in different locations throughout the main portion of the store. One of them was currently being outlined. "One guy, shot in the chest. Another in the forehead. The other two were beaten to death, one of which was some sort of club weapon, maybe a bat or a pipe. We're assuming some sort of vigilante was responsible, considering the circumstances."

"The night does bring out all the whackos," Bullock commented snidely.

"Any thoughts, Kevin?"

Tag: LordPullus

[b]IC: Dick Grayson[/b]
    [i]Abandoned Wayne Enterprises Testing Facility; Gotham City[/i]

Dick nodded at the caped man, who proceeded to drink from a thermos that he happened to bring along. He checked his watch. [i]12:05[/i]. It was time.

"Alright, listen up. You all know why you're here. I don't need to remind anyone of the situation this city is in." Dick wasn't very good with words in these circumstances. He'd always made poor grades in Public Speaking. "This is going to take commitment and dedication. I don't want anyone here doubting anything, and if you are, you'd might as well leave now and forget about any of this."

Without awaiting a response, Dick continued. "Alright, here's how it's going to work. We're going to divide into two squads. One of the squads will patrol the southern portion of the city, the other the northern. You'll all have access to police dispatch radios so you can get clued in on what's going on at the time. Simple enough.

"Now, I know we've got a few vigilantes in here. Well, say goodbye to your costumes." Dick reached inside his pocket and clicked a remote. There was a sound from the wall behind him, and a hidden automatic door hissed open. Inside were ten different suits, all of which were nearly identical to the Batsuit, save for the batlike ears atop the cowl. "This is what you'll be wearing on the job from now on." He then pulled out a sheet of paper from his pocket and began to read it out loud.

"The suit's first layer of protection is an undersuit with built-in temperature regulators designed to keep the wearer at a comfortable temperature in almost any condition. The second layer of protection consists of armor built over the chest, calves, thighs, arms, and back. This armor features a kevlar bi-weave that can stop slashing weapons and can also deflect any bullet short of a straight shot impact, and reinforced joints that allow maximum flexibility and mobility. The armor is then coated with a black latex material to dampen the wearer's heat signature, making them difficult to detect with night-vision equipment. Made of a graphite material, the cowl acts as a protective helmet. The cowl's Kevlar lining is bulletproof. An advanced eavesdropping device is concealed within the cowl's right ear and enables the wearer to listen in on conversations from a distance. This will also double as the communications device that we will use to contact each other. You'll press and hold a button right in front of your ear and then talk regularly.

"Now, the utility belt is a modified climbing harness, with magnetized impact-resistant pouches and canisters attached to the belt at ergonomic points for ease of reach. It carries a magnetic gas-powered grapple gun, an encrypted cell phone, Batarangs, which yes, we will be using, a medical kit, smoke bombs, mini explosives, periscope, and a mini-cam. The cape is made of 'memory cloth,' a material which is flexible in its normal state, but becomes semi-rigid in a fixed form when an electric current is passed through it from the microcircuits in the right glove. You'll

12. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    IC - Simon Sandover/Crow

Abandoned Wayne Testing Facility
    Gotham City

As Dick explained the features of what was apparently to be their new uniforms, Sandover slowly walked over to the alcove which held the suits. Something inside him was flicking over the lines and cut of the cloth -- something that was assessing the differences between these items and his own suit. And that something was pleased. This equipment, whilst somewhat different from his own selection, was in many ways superior. The memory cloth in particular intrigued him; he'd heard rumours of such developments back in Special Forces, but to see the stuff arrayed here in an eminently practical fashion was gratifying.

Dick was saying something about he and this interloper Geist covering South Gotham. Well, that was useful: South Gotham also contained his home neighbourhood, the Spanish streets of Little Juarez -- the place he had been born and brought up. Had Dick chosen him to cover the south side for that reason? Probably. Whilst he might not have been much at public speaking, Sandover had found Grayson a most keen student of motives and thoughts.

Which made one thing about the suits of interest. He turned back to Grayson, folding his arms. "Dick, the ... suits." He spoke slowly, trying to figure out how to broach the subject gently. No. There's no more time for that. "They look a lot like the costume Batman used to wear, but they don't have the signature bat-like ear structure. I guess my question is, why not? We all know how much of his success came from superstition and putting the fear of God into criminals -- so why not play into that? Why not bring--"--and he glanced around the room--"--Batman back from the dead? And better yet, able to be about five places at the same time? Won't that help our job a lot?"

TAG: Sentinel-825

13. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    GM APPROVED

1. Name:Anthony Marielli

2. Alias: Tony

3. Gender: Male

4. Age: 45

5. Appearance:[image=http://www.pclef.net/archives/eddie%20the%20dane.jpg]

6. Personality: Anthony is down to earth, he doesn't like people who act smart to him and he doesn't like people who act up. Act civil and he's nice, you talk back and he hits you. punch him and he just hits harder, he likes things go smooth and go his way.
    7. Affiliation: The Mob

8. Profession / Specialization: Anthony Marielli is the second in command to Two-Face, he does his dirty work for him and personally oversee's important missions. To the government he is between jobs. Anthony is a excellent shot with a pistol, however his main strength is his intimidating size and work ethic, he also is able to remain calm in some of the worst situations without worry.

9. Backstory: The Marielli's have always been a crime family, most of their family were soldiers and captains of the Falcone family. Anthony grew up in this environment, he became one of the first in his family to graduate high school without a criminal record. However he was working with his family, he was just careful, always took that extra precaution that always turned out to be the right move. Working as an associate with his father (a high ranking member of the Falcone clan) he showed aptitude with a pistol and a cool head.

His father's friends took interest in him and he became a full-time Falcone family associate, working with a captain on their route to collect "income" for the empire. Back then there wasn't much problems with how they operated, sure the Thorne's and Cops had competition, but there wasn't anything like what was going to happen.

He was a popular member of the crew able to intimidate and seem angry without actually losing his head, always a smooth talker and easy to get along with while always being a good provider. He made his way up the ranks, eventually becoming a captain in Falcone's ranks. He showed just as much aptitude when it came to being a captain as he'd just been a member.

When Falcone decided to become Mayor, Two Face selected Marielli as his second in command, Marielli made sure everyone payed up, especially with the new problems with the psycho's he needed to keep business good.

10. Miscellaneous: Marielli knows the value of staying alive, don't expect him to stick around if it gets too tough.

14. JENNA

JENNA Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2005

Running a hand through her hair, Ari was amazed by the suits that were being shown to them. Arianna had not been one for a costume, but she could very easily go slong with dressing like that. A small smile crossed Arianna's face. It had a ring to it. The Dark Knights... the criminals of Gotham had been getting way too cocky again. Arianna had noticed; and Dick had probably noticed too. Heck, the whole city had probably noticed.

Ari sat back in her seat and watched Simon. He actually brought up a good point. Why more people (including herself) were watching the North Side... the North Side of Gotham was more likely for crime. Not that the South Side didn't have criminal activity, but the North Side had seen it's share of criminals such as Falcone and... Joker. That name brough acid to Arianna's mind. Shaking her head, Arianna brought her head back up to watch what Dick would say. Arianna was curious if Dick had any progress in tracking Joker, but she'd wait to ask.

15. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Chandler Billings

"Dick I have a slight issue with the cape. It may get in the way in my case." he said, he then extended his wings ever so slightly for emphasis. He then turned to Simon. "Good as your idea is it wouldn't take long for the smarter criminals to figure out that the multiple 'Batmans' are a hoax, especially Joker, he and the original were tough adversaries, he'd notice the difference immediatley. They'd figure out who it is pretty fast, then work on destroying us one by one." he said.

TAG: Dick, Simon

16. LordPullus

Jul 6, 2006
    Fritella's Jeweler, Gotham City

"A mess, that's what we got," Harvey replied, spitting out his current chewed up toothpick and replacing it with a new one from his pocket.

Keith raised his eyebrow slightly in the porky detective's direction before he squated down on one leg his gloved hands observing a body that had just been outlined. Renee stepped beside him as he continued his observation without much disstress at the fact that the body he was checking was indeed dead.

"Four bodies in an apparent robbery. Only problem is the thieves are the dead ones." Renee pointed to the four bodies, each scattered in different locations throughout the main portion of the store. One of them was currently being outlined. "One guy, shot in the chest. Another in the forehead. The other two were beaten to death, one of which was some sort of club weapon, maybe a bat or a pipe. We're assuming some sort of vigilante was responsible, considering the circumstances."

Standing up slowly Keith surveyed the crime scene his eyes absorbing every detail while his mind critiqued each image it received looking for clues. Blood splattered against one of the walls in a upward angle suggested that a struggle must of happened before two of the four met their demise due to fatal wounds. A few different sized shells lined floor Keith noted that none of them resembled the ones that had penetrated the two deceased bodies, and as he came upon the remaining two bodies with lacerations displaying themselves with ease the detective breathed wearily.

"As far as I can tell those two back there with gun shots must of been the last to go", Keith informed his two fellow detectives of his theory. "These two here I assume were the first to meet their adversary who I guess was hoping to keep his presences hidden due to the accurate strikes the lacerations indicate I would go as far as to say our suspect is highly skilled if you count that only a few vital areas show abuse", the ex-army ranger deducted as he moved towards the safe against the far wall still lined with explosive charges. "All in all I think who ever our suspect may be it's clear to say this isn't the first time they've done this, and clearly not the last", he ended as he moved around a few patrol officers cleaning up glass from the floor.

The scene was far from a rare occurance in the crime filled city Keith noted as he made his way back to Bullock and Montoya. They had all had nights disturbed due to such occurances, and it seemed tonight was just another amongst a long line of them that filled a Gotham City Police officer's life. Taking the plastic gloves off slowly Keith searched around the scene once again with his eyes before he was distracted by Bullock's less then sentimental observations.

"The night does bring out all the whackos,"

A shake of his head was all the agreeance Keith displayed at Bullock's words as Montoya asked for his thoughts on the situation. A list of the known vigilantes processed through Keith's mind most of them trying to fill in for the previous night stalker of Gotham City. While Keith had admired the bat's courage of taking on such a role he was far from condoning vigilante justice for the lone fact that situations like this nobody was around to answer for it when the time called. Bringing his eyes to meet those of Renee's the narcotic's detective shoved his own sentiments on vigilante justice aside before answering.

"I think we might have us a rogue vigilante on our hands...........but something about all of this suggest that it's that notion our suspect wants us to think", Keith replied as he looked at the vicious bullet holes in the chest of one of the fallen robbers. "It might be a setup of some sort to try and turn our attention elsewhere if you catch my drift", he added knowingly hinting to the fact that certain crime mobs might try something like this to distract the police department while they moved somewhat less restricted for a short

17. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    IC - Simon Sandover

Wayne Enterprises test Facility

Simon, arms still folded, turned towards Chandler Billings. "And they won't figure out we've some relation to Batman from the combination of black mask, Kevlar suit and expansive wingspan? Besides, it'll give us an advantage. We're going to have to work our way from the bottom of the criminal food chain upwards. Most criminals aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, you know. That's why individuals like Two-Face control them so easily. By the time rumours of our existence reach the upper echelons of the Mob, their pushers, muggers and hookers will be scared by stories of a Batman who's back from the dead, who can cross the city in the blink of an eye, even be in five places at once, if we play it right."

TAG: chanbill, Sentinel-825

18. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    (ooc: I was hoping we'd have Clooney-style Batsuits. Darn :p)

Abandoned Wayne Enterprises Testing Facility

It didn't take too long for me to figure out that there were more suits than there were invited and present Dark Knights. I didn't even have to take off my boots to do the math. Kidding. "What foresight, there's at least five suits for the last-minute signer-upper by my count. How convenient."

I gestured to my own Night Vision Goggles. "Anything in these PJ's to take the place of these babies?" I was almost taken aback that Simon, the guy I was to be pared with, showed no hesitation in teaming up with the uninvited masked avenger. Even if I knew me, I'd be hesitant to be my own partner. Hopefully he had good reason to be so trusting.

"They look a lot like the costume Batman used to wear," The way-too-trusting Shadwell pointed out, "But they don't have the signature bat-like ear structure. I guess my question is, why not? We all know how much of his success came from superstition and putting the fear of God into criminals -- so why not play into that? Why not bring--"--and he glanced around the room--"--Batman back from the dead? And better yet, able to be about five places at the same time? Won't that help our job a lot?"

Then one of the younger ones retorted, "Good as your idea is it wouldn't take long for the smarter criminals to figure out that the multiple 'Batmans' are a hoax, especially Joker, he and the original were tough adversaries, he'd notice the difference immediatley. They'd figure out who it is pretty fast, then work on destroying us one by one."

As much as I wanted to wear the ears someday, I don't think it would've done much good to be one of five people wearing them. It'd diminish the effect. Simon replied before me though, "And they won't figure out we've some relation to Batman from the combination of black mask, Kevlar suit and expansive wingspan? Besides, it'll give us an advantage. We're going to have to work our way from the bottom of the criminal food chain upwards. Most criminals aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, you know. That's why individuals like Two-Face control them so easily. By the time rumours of our existence reach the upper echelons of the Mob, their pushers, muggers and hookers will be scared by stories of a Batman who's back from the dead, who can cross the city in the blink of an eye, even be in five places at once, if we play it right."

"Nah," I said, "We get four Batmen and one Bat-lass running around town, all we get are four impostors and one trans-gender impostor. If 'Batman' ever comes back, it'll have to be singular, not plural. The original could do everything you listed anyways, except so far come back from the dead. We screw it up, we're just ruining the mystique. Better to be five avengers inspired by Batman then to be 5 Batmen.

"Hell, if we're just the Dark Knights, as inspired by Batman, rather than Batman and Batgirl, Junior-editions, maybe we can get a little variety in the uniforms. Make our own names as part of an elite team, 'stead of 'Bat-wannabe Number 3'." After all, until I was ready for the ears, I'd like to be kickin' [criminal] ass and takin' [criminal] numbers as Geist rather than 'One of the Dark Knights'. I did sink almost two years into crafting this image after all.

19. JENNA

JENNA Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2005

Folding her arms over her chest, Arianna listened as the talk grew a little more heated then she thought it would.

"Nah," the mysterious man said, "We get four Batmen and one Bat-lass running around town, all we get are four impostors and one trans-gender impostor. If 'Batman' ever comes back, it'll have to be singular, not plural. The original could do everything you listed anyways, except so far come back from the dead. We screw it up, we're just ruining the mystique. Better to be five avengers inspired by Batman then to be 5 Batmen.

"Hell, if we're just the Dark Knights, as inspired by Batman, rather than Batman and Batgirl, Junior-editions, maybe we can get a little variety in the uniforms. Make our own names as part of an elite team, 'stead of 'Bat-wannabe Number 3'." After all, until I was ready for the ears, I'd like to be kickin' [criminal] ass and takin' [criminal] numbers as Geist rather than 'One of the Dark Knights'. I did sink almost two years into crafting this image after all."

Ah. That was his name. Arianna ran a hand through her hair, obviously tense. "Guys," Ari interrupted. "You all have good points, and while you may think it's--odd--to run around in Bat costumes, remember the real reason why we're doing this," Ari said, blushing when she realized she could come off sounding patronizing.

"The point is, we shouldn't be spending the whole meeting arguing over the costumes." Ari clarified. "I'm sure we all have limited time, so... maybe we should just let the issue slide for the moment and let Dick continue," Arianna said with a small frown at her comrades. Granted, the idea of wearing a bat-costume was a little strange to her. But Arianna had a feeling that the costumes weren't the only thing on Dick's mind. The whole meeting couldn't be spent arguing over the costume issue, even though her companions brought up good points.

(OOC: I hope Ari's not being too rude. :p )

20. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    (ooc: JENNA, you're quoting a bit of my internal monologue there. Everything after "...Batman Wannabe #3." is my narration, although it's not the first time since getting here that I've revealed my alias of Geist, so that part still kinda makes sense.)

21. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: I'm dropping the bold typeface for characters' names. It's giving me RSI.

P.S. JENNA, it doesn't matter if it's rude so long as it's kept IC and it's consistent with how your character behaves. Nobody seriously playing these things takes IC "fiery" discussions to heart. :D

IC - Simon Sandover

Abandoned Wayne Testing Facility

Simon wondered if Ari's blush had anything to do with the raised eyebrow he gave her as she interrupted his discussion with the other two men. He grinned. "Dick did ask us if we had any questions," said Simon. "Either way, I agree with you. It's not like we've got sets of bat ears sitting around in storage here to rubberband onto the cowls, anyway."

He looked back over at Dick, waiting to see where the meeting went next.

TAG: The Dark Knights

22. JENNA

JENNA Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    OOC: SephyCloneNo15- Oops! I didn't mean to do that! I'm sorry! [face_blush] I thought I was just italicizing your speech, not your thoughts. My mistake, I'll be more careful next time. :D

23. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    OOC: JENNA, you want to see rude, go check out the Galactic Senate Game in the RPF. :p Nah, what you said was fine.

IC: Jacob Austin

Jacob had finished writing his article, but it was missing something. He had become famous writing about this mysterious figure of Gotham called Shade. He needed to get something in there about him. His readers expected it. He leaned back and tried to think of a way to do that. He smiled as a very obvious idea had come to him. He jumped up, winced slightly as his bruises throbbed in objection, and then threw on his coat. He walked out of his door and locked it behind him.

Fifteen minutes later he came up to the crime scene. He had his story set, so he stopped the car, and got out. He was pleased to see cops still there, including what appeared to be several detectives inside of the jewelry store. He stretched as he walked up to one of the officers. He would have to do this carefully. If he said the wrong thing, his plan could backfire, and he wouldn't like that. Shade needed more publicity, and this could get the word around much quicker than any normal means.

As he arrived at the officer, he cleared his throat to get his attention, and then spoke. "Excuse me, officer? I'm Jacob Austin, occassional writer for the Observer. I was driving by, when I saw the crime scene, Any idea what's going on?" He awaited the officer's response.

TAG: Sentinel-825, LordPullus

24. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    (ooc: And to be fair, I just realized I'm posting all in 1st person, which, although nicely catching the Batman feel, could get a little confusing)

25. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: I may not be able to play for a day or two, feeling a bit under the weather but I wanted to post the sheet. [face_sick]
    GM approved!

Name: Azervado Renning

Alias: none yet(although his 'associates' may call him something)

Appearance: Usually wears a fine black tux or other jacket with a white shirt. Wears a short brimmed hat he has dubbed his lucky hat. It is black with golden tinted stripe wear the hate meets the brim.

Personality: Patient, and in most situations cool and collected and can be difficult to surprise. Tends to wear his 'lucky hat' slightly hanging off to one side.

Affiliation: The Mob

Profession / Specialization: Currently works in the mob's lower circles as an administrator and leader of whatever projects he gets sent.

Backstory: Azervado has live practically his entire life in the mob, his father was in it and his mother worked at a club run by the mob as well. As he grew he displayed cunning and natural leadership and thinking skills. And even after his father was sent to Gotham prison, at which he later died, Azervado found his way through the various process's that were involved in joining. With the recent demise of bat man he has hopes that he will be able to rise swiftly in the ranks of the mob.

Miscellaneous: Carries a pistol, of which he is a very good shot with but no master.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.