main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Gotham City

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sentinel-825, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renegade142

renegade142 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2007
    IC: Masha Treskov - Abandoned Wayne Testing Facility

"Dick, the ... suits." Said the man named Simon, "They look a lot like the costume Batman used to wear, but they don't have the signature bat-like ear structure. I guess my question is, why not? We all know how much of his success came from superstition and putting the fear of God into criminals -- so why not play into that? Why not bring Batman back from the dead? And better yet, able to be about five places at the same time? Won't that help our job a lot?" - "Batman who's back from the dead, who can cross the city in the blink of an eye, even be in five places at once, if we play it right."

Masha had lost her wit, Say it... NOW! her mind shouted, and finally spoke up; "You cannot bring someone back from the dead," she began, her Russian accent added a firmness to her words "Batman vos legend, a Hero! Ve're not him, none of us are; if any think you can replace him and what he had done for Gotham, zen you are wrong!" Masha drew a deep breath, realizing she was shouting. You had to shout... she thought, then looked from the suits, to Simon, Arianna, then at Dick He knows your name. the thought made her look at the floor again.

TAGS: Dark Knights

OOC: I'm going to be attempting to type in my accent, if it gets too confusing then I'll stop and you can imagine my accent :p

2. JENNA

JENNA Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    IC: Arianna

Ari blinked at the other female who suddenly started yelling about replacing Batman. "We weren't talking about replacing the Bat," Ari said calmly, her eyes wide. "None of us could ever replace what the Batman was really about, but we are here to at least try to defend what he stood for. We aren't trying to replace him," Ari said quietly, hoping her companion would get the point.

Tag: Masha, Dark Knights

3. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Chandler Billings

"Ya, I'd never be able to be an equal to Batman, even united we would barely make the force that that one man made. Our desire, I imagine, is to spark the flame that he started, try and bring hope to the people, bring back some measure of safety, even if its only enough for the people to start taking action.

TAG: Masha

4. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: Ok, feeling a bit better, do i wait for a starting post or what?

5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Konrad Von Stukov
    Abandoned Wayne Enterprises Facility

As Konrad listened to the muted conversation in next room over, he continuously heard the Batman being mentioned. On a whim, he left the janitor's closet he'd chosen for his espionage and walked to the doorway of the white room. He opened the door silently, stepping into the room and into the conversation suddenly and without second thought.

"The Batman," he said in his thick German accent, "is a dangerous topic these days. There are those who would kill at the mention of his name."

Drawing his Colt Python slowly, Konrad let it hang loosely from his finger, raising both hands with the limp pistol in peace. He tossed the gun into the center the room, and it slid neatly to a stop. Of course, he still had the Auto Mag - a vigilante didn't walk into a room filled with crime fighters and expect complete co-operation.

"Be thankful I am not counted amongst those people. If a simple man from the Ruhr can find you this easily, so can Dent."

Tag: The Dark Knights

6. Sentinel-825

Sentinel-825 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2007
    IC: Dick Grayson
    Abandoned Wayne Enterprises Testing Facility; Gotham City

"Alright, that's enough," Dick attempted to put the current issue to rest. "I'll take everyone's thoughts into consideration, but for now, this is how the suits will be. And Chandler, we can remove the cape from yours. Also, Geist, you can keep the night-vision goggles." Dick made a mental note to ask Lucius if such sight improvements were possible for the cowls' lenses. "And as for aliases, that is my next point. We will be using them, so I suggest everyone think of one soon and tell us all what it will be. I will be going as Nightwing, and of course, that is Geist," Dick pointed to whom he was referring.

"Once we get all of that cleared up, well, then it'll be time. I hope you're all ready." In fact, Dick wasn't sure if he himself was fully prepared for what might lie ahead.

And then, just as that thought entered Dick's mind, another unexpected guest arrived in the form of a well-built man dressed in a long trenchcoat and dark clothing underneath. This was becoming the worst kept secret Dick had ever encountered.

"If a simple man from the Ruhr can find you this easily, so can Dent."

"What do you want?"

Tag: Dark Knights

[b]IC: Renee Montoya / Harvey Bullock[/b]
    [i]Fritella's Jewelers; Gotham City[/i]

Harvey's brow furrowed at the sight of the approaching journalist. He hated the press. "Ay, you got nerve comin' here. We don't need your kind right now, go on, scram!"

Renee turned to Keith. "I appreciate you coming down here. But the night's not over yet. We've gotten an anonymous tip that something's going down at the docks at Hobb's Bay tonight, and you and I are going to scope it out, see what's happening. You up for it?"

[b]Tag: LordPullus, Chukles38[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC: Paul Salieri[/b]
    [i]Deuce's Bar; Gotham City[/i]

"What is it, boss?" Paul asked the man sitting at the long mahogany table before him. Paul was a short middle-aged man with balding grey hair and round spectacles. His wrinkled skin insinuated that he was currently pushing seventy years of age, when he was in fact about a decade younger. He was the legal counsel for the most powerful crime ring in Gotham City, and therefore his position was respected and valued. He was the one who dealt with the police force, the one who kept the politicians happy. He was currently standing in a room in the back of Deuce's Bar, where various members of the mob were having a few drinks and talking amongst a few innocent Gothamites here and there.

The voice that replied to Paul was deep and gravelly, a voice that demanded attention and received fear. "Call in [b]Renning[/b]. He should be at the bar. Be quick about it."

"Sure thing, Two-Face," Paul answered, and exited the room. He walked down a narrow hallway with wooden floors and walls with bland beige wallpaper. When he reached the open area, where various small tables and chairs sat, he found Azervado sitting at the bar, just as his boss had surmised. He slowly walked up to him, and nudged his shoulder.

"Boss wants to see you in the back."

Back in the room, Two-Face sat with his right-hand man, [b]Anthony Marielli[/b], a man that had earned his trust and respect over the years that they'd been working together. "The deal with the Germans is happening tonight," he said in a hoarse whisper. "You're going to be with me in one car, and the others will follow us. Once we get there, you make sure everything's straight. I want this to go down as smoothly as possible. Understand?"

[b]Tag: Apadamek, Yuul_Shamar[/b]

7. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

Chandler wasn't all that surprised by the interruption from the new guy, since one guy managed to get the location of the meeting disclosed to him he was certain more were able to figure it out as well. "I already have an alias picked." he said turning to Arianna. "What do you think of Twilight Angel? A bit fitting considering my wings wouldn't you say?" he added with a small grin. He then turned back to the new arrival, waiting to see what he wanted out of Dick.

TAG: Arianna

8. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: Azervado Renning

"Boss wants to see you in the back."

Azervado looked up quickly before standing, dusting off his suit, and makin his way to the back room. One of the first things you learned in the business was when the boss wants something, you better do it quick.

So less then a half a minute later Azervado stood at the foot of the table giving a respectful nod to Two-Face before saying, "Yes boss?"

Tag

9. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    ic: Anthony Marielli

Anthony Marielli nodded his head to Two Face's explanation of how it would work out, Two Face certainly did plan well. However there was risks involved in always riding in the first car, dangers Anthony didn't like but had to deal with. Two-Face had called Renning a move Anthony thought to be wise, he was decent with a pistol and could keep the guys together if something bad hit. Bad things didn't hit anymore though, not after goody two shoes batman got what was coming.

Renning showed up a few seconds later asking the Boss what he needed, Marielli gave a small smile to the man, let him know he was among friends.

Tag: Yuul, GM

10. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Jacob Austin

Jacob was upset that he was brushed off so easily by the police officer. He kept his voice calm as he slowly started to turn. He put his hands in his pockets and spoke, making sure it was loud enough to be heard by the offensive police officer. "Alright then. If you don't want my information about who did this..." Jacob shrugged. "Suit yourself." He smiled inwardly as he laid the bait. He doubted the police officers would turn away a possible lead. He now just needed to be sure that he told them about Shade in the right way.

TAG: Sentinel-825, LordPullus

11. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    IC:Keith Walker
    Fritella's Jewelers

"I appreciate you coming down here. But the night's not over yet. We've gotten an anonymous tip that something's going down at the docks at Hobb's Bay tonight, and you and I are going to scope it out, see what's happening. You up for it?"

Keith glanced towards the crime scene as a team of lab workers from there department decended upon the jewelry store like hawks to a dead carcus. The sound of Bullock berating a civilian who approached them was comical at best to the ex-army ranger as he replied to Montoya accordingly.

"Anonymous"? Keith questioned cautiously with a slightly raised eyebrow. "Well it sounds like I have no choice in the matter, and Harvey can handle this", he answered with a nod towards the overweight detective when the newly arrived citizen mentioned something no doubt in Keith's mind was just a sad attempt to garner attention from the group of detectives.

"Alright then. If you don't want my information about who did this..."

The narcotics detective was used to such attempts in his line of work, and so he approached the man with measured strides drawing even with the civilian as he spoke in a low whisper.

"Well if that's the case I'm sure that I can place you under arrest for conspiracy to commit murder or at the very least charge you as an accomplice for not reporting the information you have earlier", Keith notified the unknown civilian of what he faced if he didn't cooperate by informing them of what he knew. "Either way it doesn't matter what your trying to get out of helping us cause we'll get it from you one way or another remember where the good guys", he added with a slight hint of sarcasm before turning back to his fellow detectives.

"Bullock have fun with our new friend just try not to rough him up to bad", Keith informed the porky detective with a rare chuckle as he made his way towards his black Monte Carlo. "If you don't mind Montoya we can take my car"..........

Tags:GM and Chuckles

12. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Jacob smirked. It seemed the Gotham Police Department had let itself go downhill in recent years. Oh well. They could still serve his purposes just well. As the other rude detective moved along, insulting and threatening him as he went by, Jacob turned towards the first one. "Well, I certainly would have told you before should you have not shut me out so quickly. Besides, I didn't know about the crime here until I was driving past." He looked around the detectives before speaking again. "Anyways, as I've said, the name is Jacob Austin, occasional writer for the Gotham Observer. Have any of you ever read my column?" He spoke quickly so that the detectives could not cut him off. "And please, this does have a baring on what I am about to say, so answer me honestly." He awaited a response... and more sarcasm and ill-treatment... from the detectives.

TAG: LordPullus?, GM

13. Sentinel-825

Jun 17, 2007
    IC: Two-Face
    Deuce's Bar; Gotham City

Two-Face nodded to Paul as he entered the back room of Deuce's Bar after Renning, the man whom he had summoned. The mob boss looked at the newcomer with both of his eyes.

"Azervado," he stated in his usual baritone voice of darkness. "I have a job for you. There is a trade happening at the docks at Hobb's Bay tonight. We're going to be taking two cars, myself and Anthony here," Two-Face motioned his head slightly to Anthony beside him, "will be in the first car. You and a few others will be in the second one. I want to make it clear that the last thing we need is for something to go wrong tonight. This is a very important deal to me, and thus, to you. We need things to go down as smoothly as possible. Understood?"

Tag: Yuul_Shamar, Apadamek

[b]IC: Renee Montoya / Harvey Bullock[/b]

[i]"If you don't mind, Montoya, we can take my car."[/i]

"Sure thing," Renee nodded. "Harv," she spoke in a farewell tone to her partner and left with Keith. "Nice ride," she said in an attempt to ignite some small talk. "How's the mileage?"

In the meantime, Harvey looked at the writer with disapproval. "I don't bother readin' the Observa," he said as he chewed on his quickly deteriorating toothpick. "Buncha trash those people put out. But if you got somethin' to say about our situation here, then you betta spill the beans, cupcake."

[b]Tag: LordPullus, Chukles38[/b]

14. JENNA

JENNA Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    IC: Arianna

Ari grinned at Chandler. "Twilight Angel... sounds like a nice alias to me, Chandler," The teenager grinned, folding her arms over her chest, wondering about picking an alias. It couldn't be something obvious... it had to be something unique...Star Princess? No-WAY too lame. Ari continued racking names through her head.

Sailor Girl? Nope.
    Warrior Chick? Ew, so not!

Arianna put her hand down on the table, frustrated by the lack of names coming to her. Ari's attention briefly turned to the sapphire nailpolish she was wearing. Lifting up her hand to get a closer inspection, Arianna was hit by inspiration. Sapphire Princess. Blue had always been her favorite color, and it had been a pet nickname her adopted parents had called her by when she had been a child.

Arianna put her chin in her hand and dazed out slightly, wondering what people would think of her nickname.

Tag: Chandler, Dark Knights

15. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

"I don't bother readin' the Observa. Buncha trash those people put out. But if you got somethin' to say about our situation here, then you betta spill the beans, cupcake."

Jacob smiled. "I couldn't agree with you more. However, it pays. Anyways, that's besides the point. I've written many columns about the state of Gotham City. I have also followed a rather allusive vigilante calling himself, 'Shade.' I could tell you if this is his handiwork if I could just take a quick look at the scene. Or if you described what happened to me. He has a rather unique signature at how he deals with crimes. Quick, precise shots to the heart or forehead. Perhaps he took them out with hand to hand combat. Thing is, he never spends more than five minutes at on spot. He's quick, efficient, and almost impossible to catch. I should know. I've tried. Anyways, not many people know about him. He always stayed under the radar while Batman was alive, but now that he's dead... well, Shade has been becoming a more prominent figure in the vigilante department." Jacob folded his arms as he concluded. "I was hoping to figure out for sure if he did this. I've taken a rather keen interest in his activities. As well, I thought you'd have trouble placing who actually did this. So, there is what I have to say. Dismiss it if you will." Jacob stared straight into the detective's eyes, unafraid.

TAG: GM, LordPullus?

16. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004

"Azervado," he stated in his usual baritone voice of darkness. "I have a job for you. There is a trade happening at the docks at Hobb's Bay tonight. We're going to be taking two cars, myself and Anthony here," Two-Face motioned his head slightly to Anthony beside him, "will be in the first car. You and a few others will be in the second one. I want to make it clear that the last thing we need is for something to go wrong tonight. This is a very important deal to me, and thus, to you. We need things to go down as smoothly as possible. Understood?"

"Understood boss." Azervado said while mentally thinking, No shooting unless fired upon then. "May I ask what time we will be leaving boss?"

Tag

17. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    IC:Keith Walker
    Gotham City

"Sure thing," Renee nodded. "Harv," she spoke in a farewell tone to her partner and left with Keith. "Nice ride," she said in an attempt to ignite some small talk. "How's the mileage?"

Keith gave a small wave of farewell to Bullock as Renee attempted small talk with the ex-army ranger who was infamous down at the precinct for his lack of social skills. Reaching the car he opened the door unlocking the passenger door for his fellow detective before he answered somewhat indifferently.

"Thanks", Keith answered shortly as he turned the key in the ignition. "It does okay mileage wise for a v-12", he added as he adjusted the rearview mirror slightly. "So what do we got so far on the bar we headin for"? The narcotics officer asked as he awaited for Montoya to get it.

Tags:GM

18. renegade142

renegade142 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2007
    IC: Masha Treskov - Abandoned Wayne Enterprises Facility

Masha was quiet again, Dick; or Nightwing, had mentioned aliases. Masha looked at the floor; puzzled, it wasn't a word she was familiar with. Alias, it's... another name. she recalled. She looked around hearing suggestions and questions of approval. Sapphire Princess and Twilight Angel. Masha wanted something simple, easy to remember, and not flashy... she thought of her brother, then her favorite drink, and then her Bass Guitar

Someone else came into the room, "The Batman, is a dangerous topic these days. There are those who would kill at the mention of his name. Be thankful I am not counted amongst those people. If a simple man from the Ruhr can find you this easily, so can Dent." Masha shrugged off his threat, Death... pfft. she smirked at the thought.

She continued to think, Fender Precision Bass, she imagined the crimson and black finish; Fender. she blushed slightly from this thought. Masha blinked the feeling away. "Ehh... Nightving, I tell you later, ven he's not around." she told Dick tilting her head towards the newcomer.

TAGS: Konrad, Nightwing

19. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Konrad Von Stukov
    Abandoned Facility

"What do you want?" demanded the younger man. Konrad noted his build, and how he held himself; this Nightwing seemed meant for leadership. The answer told him he was no-nonsense, and Konrad liked that. He could work with that.

"You are no admirer of rhetoric, friend. What I want is a truce between us - your group and myself."

Konrad lowered his hands. "We pursue the same goal, and yet, I think you would disagree with my methods. I offer a truce: let me do my work, and it will make things easier for all of us."

Tag: Dark Knights

20. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"Sorry to interrupt, but can you ensure the safety of innocent bystanders the way you do things?" Chandler said looking at Konrad. "Or are you willing to use them to achieve your goals? If that is the case I must say that's very Machiavellian, not a very good philosophy." he added sitting up a bit straighter, his wings moving to adjust.

TAG: Konrad

21. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    IC: Geist
    Abandoned Wayne Enterprises Testing Facility

"We pursue the same goal, and yet, I think you would disagree with my methods. I offer a truce: let me do my work, and it will make things easier for all of us."

"In other words, you don't share Bats' 'no killing' rhetoric?" I asked. "I can't speak for the rest of the team, but if that's the case, I think if I saw you in action, I'd treat you just like I'd treat any other criminal: leave you scared and giftwrapped for the GCPD."

It was understandable, really, in a city of killers, you had to kill or be killed. Perfectly rational thought, but it just perpetuated the cycle. Kill someone and respond with killing, the only result is even more killing. People start arming themselves against villains and heroes alike. Average people. I've had enough guns pulled on me in my day job, and that number was probably gonna at least double with my night job. I wouldn't look forward to an even more heavily armed Gotham.

Tag: DKs, Konrad

22. Sentinel-825

Jun 17, 2007
    IC: Dick Grayson
    Abandoned Wayne Enterprises Testing Facility; Gotham City

Dick looked at the group of assembled Dark Knights for a moment and then back at the muscular German newcomer. "I don't presume to teach anyone manners," Dick said firmly. "You have your way of dispatching criminals, we have ours." He paused for a second. "Just stay out of our way, and we shouldn't have any problems."

Tag: Dark Knights, Penguinator-176

[b]IC: Harvey Bullock / Renee Montoya[/b]

Harvey stood there momentarily. Everything this guy was describing was right on the money of the crime scene. He still didn't want to let the runt in, but Akins would probably get on his ass if he ignored the potential information that he held. "Alright," Harvey lifted up the yellow caution tape that separated him from the journalist. "Have yourself a look, but be quick about it, will ya?"

Meanwhile, Renee Montoya was currently entering Keith Walker's black Monte Carlo. "Not bar," she corrected him. "We're headed to the docks at Hobb's Bay. Well, a little bit away from there so we're not too conspicuous. Apparently there's a big trade going down with Two-Face's mob and a German cartel. Beyond that, we can only guess. Weapons, drugs, you name it."

[b]Tag: Chukles38, LordPullus[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC: Two-Face[/b]
    [i]Deuce's Bar; Gotham City[/i]

[i]"May I ask what time we will be leaving boss?"[/i]

Two-Face briefly acknowledged his associates before standing, revealing a strangely peculiar suit. The right side of the suit was a black color, while the left was completely white. And the tie he wore beneath the half-colored coat was white on the right side and black on the left, so that it contradicted the rest of the outfit.

"We're leaving now. Everyone's been apprised, and our cars are waiting out back." Two-Face walked around the table and was the first to exit the room, leaving the others to follow. Upon entering the narrow hallway, he turned left into a vacant room complete with a pool table and a couple coke machines. He then exited through a brown wooden door from there and was beneath an awning in a relatively large, concrete lot with two black cars parked in the center. Beyond the lot, there was a large garage where the cars no doubt had come from.

The second car, the one behind the first, was occupied by four individuals, all dressed in suits and fedoras. "Renning, you're with them," Two-Face said. "Anthony, you're with me in the front car. You're driving."

[b]Tag: Apadamek, Yuul_Shamar[/b]

23. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Jacob smiled slightly as the officer raised the tape, and then slipped under. He looked at the detective before continuing into the crime scene. "Don't worry officer. Won't touch a thing." He then moved on into the jewelry store. When he got there, little had changed from an hour ago. The bodies were in the same place. The store was in the same condition. A little bit of cleanup had been done, but for the most part Jacob knew exactly what to draw the detective's attention to. He feigned to be thinking deeply on something. After a moment, he gestured towards the scene. "There are only a few signs of a fight here... at least compared to the havoc a five man fight usually wreaks. It looks like few shots were fired as there are almost no casings on the ground." Jacob walked up to one of the bodies. "Deadly precise shot to the forehead." He moved on to another. "Another shot to the chest." He moved next to the last two. "And, this one looks like blunt force trauma to the head. Notice though that there are few other injuries that appear to be sustained." He turned to the other one. "This one was taken out quickly as well." Jacob took another moment to think. "This has Shade written all over it. Shade is precise and efficient. He is never at a crime scene for more than five minutes and I'd guess that he was here for less than that. You'll know it's him when you find his casings. There should be two of them. that's all needed to see. Thank you officer. Any questions?" He turned towards the first detective that had spoken to him, awaiting an answer.

TAG: Sentinel-825

24. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"Well now that that appears to be over, can we get down to buisness Dick?" Chandler said. "Like many have said, I doubt we're here to talk about outfits." he added nodding his heads to those amongst them who had thought so.

TAG: Dick

25. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004

Azervado nodded to Two-Face and entered the second car. Once he had done so he made certain his handgun was ready and he had at least a few clips should things go sour at this trade. It would be his and the others in the second car's duties to deal with trouble if things did go downhill, and to make sure Two-Face got out.

Tag

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.