main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gotham - the TV series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Violent Violet Menace, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    So this show has been announced and will be a prequel story, featuring an eleven years old Bruce Wayne. Needless to say, Batman will not appear, ever, on this show. Some casting choices have been announced, among them, Jada Pinkett Smith. Otherwise, not much is known yet, and there's not a whole lot to say. BUT SOMEONE HAD TO MAKE THE THREAD! So there.

Diss. Cuss.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm interested. Haven't really followed the news on it but will watch it.

3. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    I expect great things. The cast looks awesome so far, Ben Mckenzie has proven he can lead a show with Southland. I just hope they go in the right direction with this show ala Southland. Gritty police work, morally grey areas and how you deal with corruption etc.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So will it be the TV show that we deser-

Oh forget it.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  6. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Oh it's the kid from Touch.

7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The girl looks like Margaery.

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    From all accounts, it sounds very ambitious. That's what has me concerned. Bruce is 13 and the rumors state that we'll follow him until the series ends with him donning the cape. Assuming that happens when he's 20, that's 7 seasons. I can't recall many recent shows on Fox that have gotten 7 seasons, let alone a crime drama (except Bones maybe?). However, the Batman brand may keep it going. And if they're in danger they could have him start to be batman at 18 which would be 5 seasons and more believable. The other question is whether Fox wants a full season or will instead opt for a more mini series approach which could lead to 12-13 tightly written episodes each year as opposed to the risk of being cancelled due to low ratings or getting exiled to the Friday death slot as Fringe was.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Oh it's on FOX. Well it'll probably a good one season for it, then.

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It'd be hilarious if they killed him off.

11. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    I'd want 13 episodes. No fat that way, just the meat of the story.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  12. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Sean Pertwee is playing Alfred? The Whovian in me is even more interested than I already was.

14. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

No, the camera is just tilted so the photo's mouth is at a retarded level. This is why you get confused with Natalie Dormer - but just remember, Dormer's head is straight when he mouth is like that.

15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yes, welcome to 3 weeks ago. :p

16. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Is this specifically a prequel to Nolanverse batman?

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Cat eyes.

18. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I don't think it's specifically set in the Nolan-verse Gotham, but probably one that lies very close to it.

The description has me a bit more on-side with what they are doing with the masked elements since while they still refer to the Joker (unless it will be a slow build of learning about a character that will eventually become him), but just the simple act of referring to Selina as "the future Catwoman" gives me hope that they aren't going to be trotting out villian after villian well before Batman rises.

19. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I'll definitely get into this, hopefully it's worth our attention. I would have liked to have seen this start from when Bruce leaves Gotham to train. If they follow Nolan's Batman then you can have episodes that follow Bruce lead a life of crime in Asia, learn to fight from various masters, and tie in a bunch of stories from there with rivalries and such like Lady Shiva! It can lead to the discovery of the League of Shadows and have them looming in the back ground and following Bruce's progression. Then you could switch to life in Gotham City and have stories revolve around Selina's rise to Catwoman, Jim Gordon starting out in the GCPD.

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah I hate the camera tilt. It's giving me horrific Battlefield Earth flashbacks.

21. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Why do they have a young Catwoman cast, but not a young Katie Holmes? Assistant DA Dawson is a lot more important character at basically every phase of Bruce's life.

22. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    In those movies, yeah. She's not yet shown up in the comics.

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

What Penguinator said. She was just created for the Nolan movies, which this series may or (hopefully) may not veer towards. There are other, older and established female characters in the Batman universe(s), and she's not one of them. But this series is not focusing on them and the jury's still out on how much it'll actually focus on the very young Bruce Wayne.

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Hopefully not at all.

25. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Also, why Young Katie Holmes and not Young Maggie Gyllenhall?