main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gotham - the TV series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Violent Violet Menace, Feb 25, 2014.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Clearly Ivy encounters the most nefarious of Bat rogues: The Whore-Moan; and runs afoul of its most devlish concoction: the Puber-Tea.:eek:

EDIT- More info on this season: http://www.darkhorizons.com/harley-croc-grundy-coming-to-gotham/

The short of it:
    -Proto versions of Croc, Harley & Grundy will be developed on the series, though it's unclear if they'll be in this season or not.

-The cult of The Joker will develop this season, with callbacks to Jerome.

-Fish will only appear in the first 2 episodes of the first half of the season but will return for the backhalf.

DarthIshyZ and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I guess they realized that doing Poison Ivy as a latchkey kid who looks after plants isn't exactly going to get you a whole lot of plot so magic blah blah blah they can go full Ivy sort of like how Ed went full Riddler.

Hopefully during his crime spree, Jermoe recorded some messages for his followers or something. Joker does like to pre-record bits for Bats so I'd buy it.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I dropped out mid way through Season Two, think I saw Jerome die?
    Does it get better?

4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    No. Not really.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  5. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I think it does. Dr Strange's "experiments" break some creepy ground!

Sent via Tapatalk this was.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And the subtitle for the first half of the season is "Mad City".

[​IMG]

"I don't think Gotham's running out of monsters anytime soon."

7. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I. Cannot. Stand. Fish.

That character annoys me almost as much as Jerome's unnecessary Joker.

8. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    So, he could just take that snow globe and shake it really hard. The water would be kinda... red... but that would solve a lot of problems, wouldn't it?

9. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Considering that Gordon no longer has a problem with murder, I think he'd be down with a red snow globe.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I wasn't a fan of Fish Mooney either and I couldn't wait until Penguin took her out and took over in her stead. However, when Fish pulled her eyeball out of her head just to have some leverage, she became gangsta and a worthy character to the show. But, I don't like they gave you the power of mind control.

The show is treading water that's for sure, and I like the fact that the show runners are just throwing crap at the wall and see what sticks. Season 2 was alot of poop slinging and a good amount of it stuck to the wall. Looking forward to season 3.

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Fish gets better when she's used sparingly. What was fantastic last year was Hugo Strange but a lot of that is helped by the fact that BD Wong is also freakin' gold so even if Strange basically just kind of did the same thing over and over he made it really interesting.

12. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I got the impression that they wanted to do more with Bruce but just couldn't quite figure out what exactly to do.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    He's definitely doing more, though, and I quite liked Bruce's story (And the performance of the actor himself) a lot moreso than Season 1 where he spent most of it just moping around Wayne Manor with Alfred. And with Gotham's somewhat grab-bag approach to continuity, it seems Bruce is borderline about to start fighting crime on his own, just sans Batsuit basically.

14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    My opinion of Season 3's opener can be summed up as:

[​IMG]

Seriously, this show has gone totally off the rails. Just give me an hour of Harvey Bullock and I'll be happy.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Bullock and Alfred had the best lines, once again.

Though poor Alfred having to fight off potential assassins (even if it wasn't an assassin this time) in the mansion is getting to be a cliche now- especially since you can't really top the Azrael scenario (or it's amazing conclusion).

The Gordon/Vale/Police stuff was interesting- getting to see Jim play with the system a bit, etc. and I'm guessing the photo'd monster is a version of the Man-Bat?

All in all, a lot of setup. Let's see how crazy it can get with that, because that's where the show shines.

16. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I. Can't. Stand. Fish.

Ugh. I hate watching that character. And Barbara.

Just give Bullock more screen time.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't mind Fish- she's basically a 60's Catwoman homage without being Catwoman.

And while Barbara has always been one of the weaker parts of the show, I did take note last night that they're using her better now. She's much more tolerable as a semi-stable villain than as either a villain-in-the-making or conflicted character.

18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I think it says a lot about the show when Fish is now one of the least of its problems.
    New drinking game: Every time Alfred fights someone in the study, take a drink.
    They even showed us a kitchen this time! Couldn't Alfred fight him there?

The show is not that subtle. Reverse it and apply it to Gordon. That's where they are hitting us over the head with showing her develop the photo.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So you're saying Vale will mistake the wings as being Gordon's?

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Some interesting news on the direction of the series (a 5-year plan, apparently), and how the first half of the season's subtitle changed from "Heroes Will Fall" to "Mad City":

“If you are looking at the five-year plan of the show, it was that you start out with the world that looks more like ours. The whole idea is you show how a city like Gotham, which is the title character in a lot of ways, how a city turns dark and how a city enables villains and supervillains to exist. We’re telling this story of how that crazy world that Batman exists in came to be, not just these individual villains that also make our world.

The last season was really an attempt to say, this is how supervillains exist; this is why. They didn’t just pop into being, they were birthed out of Indian Hill and some of the things that were going on in the city at the time. That was always the goal. And how it changes the show going forward is that we can still always pull from that Carmine Falcone mobster, more gritty, noir-ish world to tell stories, but we can also have this new element of Man Bat or Firefly or Mr. Freeze and the technology that surrounds that. We just have a bigger canvas to paint from, basically.”

"“As we got into the first 11 episodes — because that’s the first half of the season — we started falling in love with a character that’s going to be appearing in episode three. We started diving into the character of the Mad Hatter and the actor that we cast [Benedict Samuel], and we wanted to spend more time with him. We were really intrigued with how he’s not just a villain who blows stuff up. He’s a villain who can actually needle into the psyche and the emotional space of our heroes. [He could] use his actions to find out more about our characters and really test our heroes.

The theme and that title became much more accurate once we started seeing these later episodes develop like 6, 7, 8, 9 and the repercussions this big character was having. That’s why it changed. But the idea and notion of heroes falling is the bigger thing that we’re accomplishing for the season as a whole. If last season was about, how did supervillains come into existence, then this season is about the other half of that, which is not only do you need supervillains to exist for a city to fall, but also you need your heroes to fall. That can mean either they die, they’re killed, or they’re disfigured or rendered incapable of helping, or they turn into villains themselves. That’s a bigger theme for us for the whole season, but in terms of the immediate first 11, Mad City makes sense. There are literally monsters running around.” "

and,
    In another interview, Woodruff confirmed the return of Cameron Monaghan’s Jerome later in the season and suggests the character’s seeming death was a deflection of Joker speculation: “Jerome was always supposed to be the inspiration for The Joker. Maybe he’ll go through an evolution that’ll end up becoming the actual Joker that we all know. The whole idea was that he was supposed to be the inspiration for it.”

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  21. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ok, people breaking in through that same window is just getting ridiculous. They've gotta start building a set for another room in Wayne Manor besides the study and the kitchen because at this point, more people have entered in through that window than legitimately through the front door.

That room be all like:

[​IMG]

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, since the show can't have Batman they're definitely focusing on the villains. The Mad Hatter is an interesting character, but his "sister" Alice is crazy weird.

I kind of wish that Dr. Leslie didn't come back.

24. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    So Penguin and Riddler might be the new Ross and Rachel?

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Just caught up on the last 6+ episodes.

Man, this show is getting frustrating. The Penguin/Riddler stuff in particular is just ridiculous. And while I did enjoy the "Evil Dave Grohl" take on the Mad Hatter, he was stretched out too far. The whole Barnes the Executioner thing seems like an ok idea on paper but the execution just didn't work (Chiklis just didn't seem convincing most of the time. I'm not sure if campy evil just isn't his thing or just poor directing choices but it started to remind me of the CW DC shows (but not in a good way)). And the Gordon/Lee stuff has also dragged on for too long.

BUT... I enjoyed Fish and her monsters from the episodes I had caught back when they first aired (as opposed to this Tivo mini-binge), everything with Bruce, Alfred, Selina and the Court of Owls has been good, Bullock is still amazing ("Crap."), the stuff with Ed and Isabella was actually darkly interesting (once you get past the Penguin's role in it) but abruptly ended just as it was getting really interesting, Falcone stole the show in the few scenes he's had this season (especially the limo scene with Kathryn) and I've even begun to kinda enjoy Barbara in her "more stable" villain role (which is weird given how much she was a distraction in the first two seasons).

I'm kinda in a weird place where i kinda want to stick with it but also kinda want to drop it after this season and just catch up on future seasons on Netflix.

And, yet, at the same time, I want to continue following this version of Bruce Wayne and watch him become (and then be) Batman. What season will he be hold enough to don the cowl? Season 12? Damn. Not feasible, even by Smallville standards.