main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gotham - the TV series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Violent Violet Menace, Feb 25, 2014.

1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    There's one more show. That wasn't the finale.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Are you sure about that?

3. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, that showed aired on Monday, June 5, 2017.

I saw both episodes on finale night.

DarthIshyZ and Diggy like this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Okay! I assumed Ishy hadn't, wasn't sure about you :p

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  7. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I sit corrected. I'll have to have a talk with Hulu.

8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    they promoted the next season at the end of the 2 hour finale

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, and the show is moving to prime real estate, which is Thursday Night.

To me, that tells me the ratings have been really good and they have confidence is season 4.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The ratings have been downward from the start, with season 3 getting a bump in it's debut episode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gotham_episodes#Season_1_.282014.E2.80.9315.29_2

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Wow. Perhaps Fox doesn't have anything for Thursday Night.

Diggy likes this.
  12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    They may be hoping for an uptick. But it's the sort of show you have to watch for the beginning, so.

Anyway. I loved the end. We've seen Batman, and he was excellent.

13. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I was starting to warm to the idea of Owlman, but seeing Bruce kicking ass and then up on the roof was quite good.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Diggy like this.
  14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So Butch...?

15. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Butch = Solomon Grundy I believe. His birth name is Gold.

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

Diggy likes this.
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yup, Butch is Solomon Grundy, born on a Monday.

I feel like Gotham is some what like Agents of SHIELD, in that it has taken a few seasons to figure what type of show it was going to be and then just go for it. Recently, the show it just taken all the well known and some lesser known rogues of Batman and found a place for them and made them work. Two of the best short timers are Jerome and the Mad Hatter.

I'll have to go back to watch the Jerome episodes in season two to see if there was a potential Harley Quinn in there.

DarthIshyZ and Diggy like this.
  17. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I was talking to a friend of mine about this. It's a shame that Flash and others are on the CW with different producers. It would be really cool to have cross-show collaborations.
    "Coming this week on Flash and Gotham!..." The two have to team up and we have two hours of show dealing with one character!

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Barbara may still be Harley at this point... but the Solomon Grundy thing! And Bruce on a rooftop! And a full on friggin' LAZARUS PIT sitting there in the middle of Gotham!

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    So I've started re-watching this series. 11 episodes into Season One - the dynamic between Bruce and Alfred is just awesome. As much as I like the other aspects of the show, those are the sequences I really look forward to.

Although I really like all of the incarnations we've seen on-screen of Alfred, I think Sean Pertwee really is the best.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Alfred is the best.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  22. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i've been reading about that; i hope they find her unharmed

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I can't think of another 70-year old person that would be more terrifying.

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Donal's daughter Jade is home, safe and with her family.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    finished off the season a few weeks ago, couple of fantastic moments in the season. I still love how tonally wild the show is, which I do fully accept as it's a Batman TV show. If anything, I think it's the closest to continuing the two Burton films where it straddles this line between dark and camp. the show is actually often quite hilarious as the characters are constantly snarking at each other. One of my favourite lines in the season is when Harvey and Jim are talking about a guy at the station: "Guy shot a cat last week." "On purpose?" "Does it matter?!"

Harvey continues to be irritated by almost everything and making him basically the Commisoner and running the station house actually works the best. Stuff like Barnes becoming The Judge is sort of ham-fistedly done but the actor is wayyy better at being crazy. Penguin and Riddler's relationship got to let both of them be pretty dark. (way to go Riddler finally going Fully Riddler) I especially like how Penguin was actually even crazier than usual this season and Robin Lord Taylor is often darkly funny. One of my favourite moments in the season is when Riddler and Penguin escape into the streets (after spending an episode bickering at each other in caves) and Penguin spots a bunch of random hobos and just goes "ARRGGGHHHHHHH!!!" and they scatter off. The way the season ended with Penguin tearing a strip off Riddler and then freezing him was very appropriate. The 3 Jerome episodes were excellent and had a very Dark Knight Returns funhouse mirror Batman vs The Joker vibe. The clone Bruce turned out to be weird and kind of pointless. The overriding Court of Owls storyline turned out to be somewhat limp but it DID lead into freakin' Ras Al Goul showing up, and Sidig was absolutely amazing in his limited screentime, so hopefully more of that next season. I did sort of get comic book nerd agita when Bruce had to heal Alfred, the Lazarus pit is supposed to pop them out young and crazy but Bruce only used a bit of Lazarus pit liquid and didn't just fully dump Alfred in there so it gets a pass.

Mad Hatter was really good I thought they used him in just the right amount. Selina got saddled with sort of being Bruce's girlfriend and not too happy about it, get her back to stealing stuff next year. The Ivy upgrade really worked well and the actress is surprisingly kind of funny.

Actually, this season was nicely violent, maybe moreso than the last few seasons. Like there's multiple decapitations in this season, I was surprised.

Lee was a bit of a drag this season, which is a shame because when she went crazy after being infected with the Tesch Virus she's actually fantastic. I would have liked if they kept her that way. I think the show has taken Dark Gordon as literally as far as it can go, he was infected and thinking "You're a killer!" and super-powered dark eyes evil. It's pretty dopey so here's hoping the final scene with him and Harvey implies he goes back to being a cop.

And that final scene, holy heck! They're moving on into almost full on Year One territory with Bruce suiting up (not as Bat but close) to take the fight to the streets. Great ending. Here's hoping they lose some of the dead weight but, it's Gotham, there's always a bit of dead weight and way too many plotlines happening at once. And most of those people die anyway.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  26. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Back tonight, and I think we should enjoy it while we can...

27. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think we'll get at least one more season (five). Taking the direction that they are advertising for this year gives the series much broader appeal.