main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 1.04: "Fighter Flight" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Oct 20, 2014.

?

Grade the Episode 1.04: "Fighter Flight" (Spoilers)

Poll closed Oct 27, 2014.
  1. 10

5.1%
  2. 9

16.9%
  3. 8

15.3%
  4. 7

22.0%
  5. 6

13.6%
  6. 5

10.2%
  7. 4

8.5%
  8. 3

3.4%
  9. 2

1.7%
  10. 1

3.4%
  1. Darth Chagaros

Darth Chagaros Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2014
    We can still have just 2 Jedi by ANH. They can die.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    It's possible Kanan and Ezra could perish. I agree.

Welcome to the boards. :)

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    They can and should. But give it awhile.

4. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I could see Sabine, Hera and Chopper being the only ones who survive. But yeah, they shouldn't kill Ezra and Kanan killed off right away, build them up so people love them and then do it. It leaves a bigger emotional impact on fans.

5. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Given that Ahsoka survived TCW, I doubt they'll kill the 2 Jedi in this show. These cartoons are aimed primarily at kids. I guess that is why I have a hard time getting into them.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ahsoka survived TCW because Filoni has an emotional attachment to her. Not because the show is aimed at kids.

Where is the director/producer attached to Mufasa? :_|

7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Why did you have to remind me of that?

8. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    4/10, I really enjoyed the last episode, but this was a step backwards for me. I know it was suppose to be a fun episode, but the Empire was just a bunch of stereotypical non-threatening villains. The military might of the Empire was yet again incredibly ineffective, but at least a Stormtrooper hit some fruit this episode. So far the crew of the Ghost is ruining up quite the Imperial casualty and damaged/destroyed equipment count.

I am still on board with the show 100% and think it can be very good, but an overall ineffective Empire week in and week out with get old fast.

KeithyT and stormcloud8 like this.
  9. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Gave it a solid 7, don't think it deserve anymore than that though.

10. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    This one was a pretty good episode and the most lighthearted one yet, but I don't think I liked it more than the previous ones. It was reminiscent of TCW's 'Evil Plans' with it's "mundane task turns into something more dramatic" angle and it was done pretty well with some funny moments and some good action (involving a stolen TIE fighter); it was also definitely a filler episode but it still built and developed the relationship between Ezra and Zeb (which was the core of the episode) and it worked for the episodes advantage and kept it out of the "complete filler" area; I liked how they were bickering and fighting before becoming friends by the end. Other things I liked was Chopper being a jerk towards Ezra, Hera acting motherly towards Ezra and Zeb, the troop transports in action and Sabine's cartoony artwork which looked pretty funny. The Imperials (mainly the stormtroopers) were pretty inept but still showed some ruthlessness (blasting that homestead); I still think they can work on making them less overly simplified and one-dimensional villains and hope that they will (I'm not saying they were the most competent and well-developed characters in the OT, but they weren't this cartoony and ineffective).

The pacing was somewhat better here than the previous episodes and the music was good, but I still wish for more original music instead of reusing music snippets from the films (and the Lothal setting is growing old; we've seen that planet up close since the pilot episode and I'd like to see them travel to different worlds since so far, the SW universe as shown here seems pretty small and that honestly irked me a bit). Overall, I liked this one despite it's flaws which held it back slightly (it might be better on an eventual rewatch) and I think it was a fun little "breather" episode.

7/10

11. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    It was nice that this was referenced in ROTOM.

12. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I gave it a 7/10. I mean, how can any "trained" storm trooper miss their targets that much.

dolphin likes this.
  13. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    4/10

I just didn't like this episode but I've seen worse.

Pros
    *Good interaction between Zeb and Ezra

Cons
    *Boring plot
    *Felt like a filler episode
    *More Stormtrooper incompetence

dolphin likes this.
  14. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Like the Zeb and Ezra blossoming friendship.

I kept getting taken out of the story because this episode so blatantly pandered to the adolescent crowd. It was like the worst parts of ROTJ. You can appeal to kids (it is on Disney XD for a reason, I get it) and have a good story with humor, character interactions, and situations that everyone can enjoy (the Jedi youngling and Colonel Meebur Gascon arcs in Clone Wars are great examples of kiddifying the series in the right way).

I kept thinking, "OK, maybe they're making this episode childish so that the darker elements and perils later on the series will have a bigger impact."

I couldn't believe this was from Filoni and crew.

4/10

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    1/10

Little character development, even for the 'stars' of Aladdin and Purple Chewie. Two guys who don't like each other have to work together and wind up friends is the saddest, most tired, and most inaccurate cliche of children's television that I have ever seen.

The Stormtroopers could not be more incompetent. I'm willing to allow plot armor, but at least let them graze someone or have more than a single neuron to rub together.

While the part with Chopper lifting the bowl was amusing, nothing else about his interaction with Aladdin made the slightest sense. It was invented to "make the characters argue" instead of any actual logic or plot relevance.

Lothal somehow is still the only planet we've seen. And the Ghost has been there for several weeks. There's no way any competent law force could miss the fact that the ship isn't even camaflauged, its sitting in the wide open field!! At least use a net or something.

Lets not even get into the fact that despite the fact that the TIE has a locator beacon, the Empire never once uses this to locate the stolen ship. Which makes even less sense than the rest of their collective stupidity.

And lets not forget. They. Spent. An. Entire. Episode. Chasing. A. FRUIT!

Its a show aimed at 5 year olds. I get that. But you can still do fun, humourous and low-stakes with some shred of logic.

+1 point for the use of the old troop transport

Robimus likes this.
  16. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    A show just for 5-year-olds?

The next episode would disagree with that.

17. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    Based on the first 3 (or 4 depending if you double number the premier), definitely the level its aimed at. They may prove me wrong in the coming shows, but that's how I'd evaluate it thus far.

18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    See the spoiler in my previous post. (It's extremely vague and doesn't reveal anything other than a general impression.)

19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Well, what about when Kallus was gloating about how he committed genocide on the Lasat people? And he almost killed Zeb in droids in distress. But the newer episode isn't directed for young audiences. It's actually pretty dark.

Some of the things that are mentioned, and seen in particular.

It's a family show. So it's really meant for all ages.

20. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    My 6 year old brother seemed to enjoy when

Luminara went into the coffin. That was his favorite jedi, too.

21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Doop

What just happened to your post? It's backwards.

It's good that your little brother wasn't creeped out or anything. Did he like the Inquisitor?

22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    What happened is that Doop once again failed to properly close his spoiler tag.

People, you CANNOT just use [spoiler] and be done with it. You MUST close the spoiler with [/spoiler], or else your spoiler tag will expand to cover the entire remainder of your post, as happened to Doop's, as well as the entire remainder of every post that quotes your post (which is what causes the quote chains with triple- and quadruple-nested spoiler boxes). You may not personally see this as an issue, but to others this is extremely annoying and frustrating, as it can result in stuff that is not intended to be in spoiler boxes appearing in spoiler boxes anyway, which only serves to make the discussion harder to follow.

Please, everyone, properly close your spoilers. It's not that hard.

ifleninwasawizard and V-2 like this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, you don't have to close it off. The issues arise when such a post is quoted, which is usually hard to anticipate.

So don't be lazy folks, /spoiler your posts. This PSA is brought to you by Halls Fruit Breezers™.

[​IMG]

24. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Loved him. I don't know what happened to it. I guess jcgoble3 was right.

25. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I hope we get to find out his name soon.