main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 1.08: "Empire Day" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Nov 17, 2014.

?

Grade the Episode 1.08: "Empire Day"

Poll closed Nov 24, 2014.
  1. 10

42.6%
  2. 9

18.5%
  3. 8

20.4%
  4. 7

11.1%
  5. 6

1.9%
  6. 5

1.9%
  7. 4

1.9%
  8. 3

1.9%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Hey, some of us folks abroad can't access Disney XD (Disney XD secretly hates China :p)

Anywho, gave it 9/10. A lot of fun and the pinnacle of what I'm expecting from the show at this point. Only point I wasn't crazy about was the fact that they were able to just blow past the barricade like that. I mean, it would have been better if they just somehow found a way to drive around/over it, but through it?! Was too convenient imo.

2. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014

Yeah, I know, but that's like it's official and main release of the episode. People shouldn't have to use spoiler tags for however long they do just cause some missed the broadcast. Just don't come if you don't want to be spoiled. Either that or make a "Before the episode" discussion then an "After it comes out" thread.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm one of the more hardcore anti-spoiler people here and I'm fine with no spoiler tags in the discussion thread. As I said, I just don't open it until I've seen the episode anyway.

The Official Rebels discussion thread, however...I'd ask for spoiler tags until the episode has aired for most of the board population.

All that said, I appreciate what the mods are trying to do here to keep those of us who hate spoilers from accidentally getting them.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  4. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    This was a 10/10 for me. My first ten since the show started.

5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I just saw the next episode and all I can say is holy ****ing **********ing ****! 11/10

Doop likes this.
  6. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I give it a nine.

7. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    8*/10

+ Imperial Patriotism
    + The Helmet of the Inquisitor
    + Storm Trooper smart enough to hide on the Transport after blowing open the door
    + The Imperial March

- Ezra looking into the camera before the To Be Continued

(*) While I thought this episode was quite good, possibly 10/10 good, I'll still wait for the conclusion to render a final judgement.

8. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    7/10
    Best episode of season so far. This should've been episode 3 or 4 instead of 8

9. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    This was a great episode which I really enjoyed. The Tseebo storyline about him having recieved Imperial intel into his cybernetic head implant and the rebels helping him out & the subplot about Ezra, his birthday and his parents, both of which are introduced here and continues in the next one, are really quite good and exceeded my expectations (the whole Tseebo aspect is quite interesting, intriguing and even a bit creepy with him having been negatively affected by his implants & I really like that Ezra's past is delved into and it help him grow as a character). It was good that they played the whole thing rather seriously, but the humorous moments that were was pretty funny and worked quite well (Kanan acting like a crazed Empire-loving citizen to fool a stormtrooper and later putting on a stupid grin and doing the peace sign to confuse another one long enough to knock him out were really funny; who knew the serious Kanan could be this humorous?).

I also liked Empire Day scene with the patriotism, the parade, the music and the symbolic imagery with the red, white and black Imperial banners (and I just cannot dislike Tua and how eccentric she is about the whole thing) & the long action scene was great and I really did like how it was divided into three parts, each starting off where the other one left off: first the good guys had to break through Aresko & Grint's roadblock in their stolen transport and when those two failed, Kallus took over and chased them in his own transport with the help of two biker scouts and when he failed, the Inquisitor took over and along with his TIE squad chased the crew as they escaped in the Ghost into space; there was some intense stuff in this one. The pacing was very good and cliffhanger with the reveal that Tseebo knows what happened to Ezra's parents was quite nice and ended the episode nicely & for it to be continued in the next one. Overall, I really liked this one a lot and it shows that the show is growing and is perhaps even on the way to finding it's identity.

9/10