main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 1.09: "Gathering Forces" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 24, 2014.

?

Grade the Episode 1.09: "Gathering Forces"

Poll closed Dec 1, 2014.
  1. 10

42.2%
  2. 9

28.9%
  3. 8

17.8%
  4. 7

2.2%
  5. 6

2.2%
  6. 5

2.2%
  7. 4

2.2%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.2%
  1. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    9/10

Great way to wrap up the first half before the break. Had a couple things off to me, but they're not even worth mentioning. loved seeing the dark side rear it's ugly head, and the effects of dropping out of hyperspace, among many other things. Overall an excellent episode.

Andy Wylde and V-2 like this.
  2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    9/10. The effects were awesome, The Inquisitor continues to be a really cool villain, Ezra's flirtations with the Dark Side could lead to some interesting developments down the road (should they continue on with that and not have him just get over that), and Ezra and Sabine beginning to bond is cool. Oh and the Pitch Back aliens are back, that was cool as well. And we still have the mystery of exactly what happened to Ezra's parents.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    This was definitely one of the better episodes to date. Was hoping to see the revelation of Fulcrum, but I guess that'll have to wait.

4. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Another great episode and an equally great continuation and conclusion (?) of the story started in the previous one. This one picked up right where the last episode left off and I enjoyed it just as much; the story continued perfectly and there was some great intensity and and action too, along with some very good scenes (for instance, the part with the Phantom (with Kanan and Ezra inside) detaching from the Ghost while in hyperspace and getting slung out into normal space was an excellent one; lovely visuals) It was surprising that they went back to the asteroid base with the darkness-loving fyrnock creatures but it didn't feel like a boring retread and was handled well in the context of the plot (Kanan and Ezra luring the pursuing Inquisitor there). Ezra finally making the connection with the creatures, calming them down and getting them on their side, after he forgave Tseebo for everything through the Force (and thereby letting go of his fear and becoming able to fully tap in with the Force) was just a great sequence and sort of touching (and how the fyrnocks because their army for the confrontation with the Inquisitor and his stormtrooper squad was pretty cool).

Speaking of the skirmish in the last act, Ezra and Kanan's confrontation with the Inquisitor was pretty great and had a good fight between Kanan and Inquisitor (which Kanan lost) and a very good scene afterwards of the villain cornering Ezra, now with both his and Kanan's sabers, and delivering a sinister speech. I really liked how it all climaxed with Ezra lashing out with the Force and summoning a huge and especially monstrous fyrnock from underground which then attacks the Inquisitor while Ezra could escape was pretty much perfect (the design of that big old gremlin creature was solid & it was impressive of the Inquisitor to be able to scare it off). The end scene with Sabine showing Ezra what was on the datachip she brought with her from Ezra's childhood home (an old holo photo of his father, mother and himself as a little boy) and wished him a happy birthday was nicely emotional and a perfect scene to wrap up this double episode story with.

All in all, I really liked this duology and this was an immensly entertaining second and last part of this particular storyline (and also an overall suitable last episode of this year's run of episodes); it balanced a rather serious and dramatic story without being too goofy and slapsticky with the humor and still having a great Star Wars feel to it. They really stepped up their game with these two episodes and now I feel pretty confident that the show only can get better.

9/10

Andy Wylde, TX-20 and V-2 like this.
  5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Outstanding episode. I'm not sure how I'll be able to wait until January for more of this!

Andy Wylde and cubman987 like this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Wow, I didn't even realize that the season was going on hiatus for a month. I DVR the episodes so I can skim through the commercials, and I must have missed that announcement.

7. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    10/10

+ Opening space battle
    + Dropping out of Hyperspace
    + The Inquisitor beating Kanan
    + Ezra's brush with the darkside only let him distract the Inquisitor
    + This show continues to make the wait for The Force Awakens tolerable

V-2 likes this.
  8. Robert Merrill

Robert Merrill Jedi Master star 2

Sep 23, 2014
    I thought it was solid. 8/10. Or 3/5 is my preferred scale. I don't know, I was just not really that satisfied with the ending of the episode. It felt kinda forced. IDK. It was just alright.

I still really like the show though and can't wait for it to come back.

9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Wait, when did Anakin and Savage duel?

10. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    It was a really great episode! I would give it a 9/10. Just because it left me really wanting to find out what happens next!