main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 1.12: "Vision of Hope" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Feb 2, 2015.

?

Grade the Episode 1.12: "Vision of Hope"

Poll closed Feb 9, 2015.
  1. 10

6.4%
  2. 9

8.5%
  3. 8

40.4%
  4. 7

23.4%
  5. 6

12.8%
  6. 5

6.4%
  7. 4

2.1%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Have you watched "Idiot's Array" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know! Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close next week. :)

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    10/10 from me. The episode was great. :)

3. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    6/10
    Considering my highest rating so far has been a 7 thats saying a lot.

4. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Gave it an 8. Predictable but fun romp.

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Most will say this, but it was too predictable.
    Even though this episode furthered some story elements and made previous episodes like Rise of the Old Masters seem a little more different given the "reveal" this week, it was not that amazing. As far as I am concerned, the episode spoiled itself with the first preview of the first scene of the episode itself. The tone of one of the characters in the vision was kind of a dead giveaway what was going to happen. If that one line was removed and a red herring was added then maybe the reveal could have been more shocking.
    Other than the guest appearance of Brent Spiner who gives a great performance as Trayvis, this episode is a standard "Imperials chase Rebels, Rebels get away" episode. More of the same formula we have been seeing since the start and less interesting than the different scheme of the last episode with Lando where we had a 3rd and 4th party involved.
    The visuals were ok, but the fact that there is also a Senate Building on Lothal makes it feel like everybody in the galaxy has visited Lothal, especially after the Jedi Temple and cadet academy from previous episodes.

6/10

Good, but there have been better episodes.

SeparatistFan and darskpine10 like this.
  6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I went with 8/10, solid episode even if it was a bit predictable, liked the teamwork of the crew and that everyone got some attention in this episode.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 7. Nothing great IMO, but wasn't terrible. Honestly, I'm still waiting for a memorable episode that catches my interest to the point where I want to see it over and over again.

8. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    This got a solid 8/10 from me. The pacing was good. The story for the episode was good, even if somewhat predictable. I liked how the crew worked together. I liked that we got to see Ezra use his lightsaber, and not just the stun/blaster portion of it. So far the second half of the season, minus "Idiot's Array," has been fantastic.

9. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    It wasn't a fantastic episode but I still really liked it; Despite not very much happening in it other than Trayvis having the spotlight and his true intentions being revealed, I'd say it's about on par with the previous episode so the show didn't drop in quality between the two.

I enjoyed the plot about the gang attempting to bring senator Gall Trayvis (whom apparently knew Ezra's parents) to safety and how the vision Ezra had at the start of the episode gradually came true and intense action and the chase was pretty great. Even though them being led into a trap and Trayvis true allegiance being pretty predictable (especially with those hints showing up throughout the episodes) I definitely think it worked and the scene itself where he held the shocked Ezra and Hera at gunpoint was solid (Ezra's crushed reaction to the betrayal of this man whom he looked up to was quite poignant, especially with that darkly disappointed look he had on his face at the end of the scene, and I'm thinking this incident will shape his future self. Also, I liked how Hera pretty much saw through Trayvis disguise rather quickly, had that laid back "Go ahead and pull the trigger. I don't care" look on her face as he was holding them at gunpoint the blaster she loaned him & then knocked him out with a well-placed punch).

Furthermore, Kallus and the stormtroopers were a bit incompetent during the whole thing but I didn't mind that so much and it was certainly nice to see Zare again and having a little conversation with Ezra (who didn't have time to give his friend his real name; oh well, maybe it's for the next time they meet up). As for the end scene where Hera and Ezra shares their disappointment about Trayvis and come to understand that there is still hope was an overall great way to wrap it up with. Overall, a nice little episode.

8/10

10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    7/10.

It was good to see Zare again, and I figured that the senator wasn't what he seemed a while back, so his betrayal was expected.

11. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    6/10

Pretty predictable as mentioned above. Nothing too exciting happened, though it was nice to have an appearance from Commander Data Gall Trayvis. Hope as the season wraps up, and the Empire takes the Rebels more seriously, that they become a little more effective.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Oh they do.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  13. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Not a big fan of this episode, although the Senator being with the Empire was a good idea and made nice continuity with previous episodes, I'm glad the show took another dark turn with it being a former Rebel friend of Ezra's parents. The action was too much same old same old for me and I am sick of Lothal, Kallus was made to look useless. We really need to see some temporary allies and troops for the Rebels so the Empire can actually kill something and look menacing as they should be.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I love how all your complaints are answered in the next episode.

15. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    I give it a 6. Nothing too spectacular happened. I got nothing more to say.

16. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  17. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Gave it a 6.

Quite predictable and was more or less a filler.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    8/10

Good action, and I liked the inclusion of Ezra's visions, especially since he didn't put much thought into them, like a certain Jedi at the end of the Clone Wars. :p

I liked that we finally got to see Trayvis in the flesh, and that yeah, he's been working for the Empire the entire time. There were hints, but it was always a little ambiguous as to whether he was spreading false info or just had bad intel.

19. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I meant to click 9/10, but 10/10 works I guess.

It could've used more, and I want the show to introduce more characters already.

20. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    5/10

Good but predictable and nothing really spectacular. Glad to see they went somewhere with the Trayviss plot but disappointed that he was working for/with the Empire. If Ezra's parents are really dead he'd better hope he doesn't meet up with Ezra again.

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Solid 7. Predictable plot but that's not necessarily a bad thing; it wasn't done poorly IMO. Action was good and the fallout from the twist was well done. Only things I can't stand are Ezra's facial expressions. They look so gawky.

22. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I didn't mind it. Was it predictable? Yep, but the whole show seems to be to me.

5/10

23. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    8/10

+ Seeing Zare Leonis again
    + Chopper: Sic Droid!
    + Data Niven in the flesh
    + More Kallus is always a good thing

- Predictable Plot