main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 1.14: "Rebel Resolve" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Feb 23, 2015.

?

Grade the Episode 1.14: "Rebel Resolve"

Poll closed Mar 2, 2015.
  1. 10

20.5%
  2. 9

13.6%
  3. 8

31.8%
  4. 7

18.2%
  5. 6

9.1%
  6. 5

4.5%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

2.3%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Have you watched "Rebels Resolve" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know!

Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!

Note: This poll will close next week.

:)

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Just a heads up it says call to action

Anyway its a 7 for me my lowest grade yet because of thats where jedi go to die.

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    A 5. It persists in being predictable, it tries too hard to be dramatic without any tension whatsoever. Cool two secs of Tarkin and nice to see Kannan isn't untouchable. Otherwise, meh.

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    10/10. I loved this episode. :)

5. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    8.8/10 for me. Pretty good ep.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    6. Was hoping more would happen to justify the 22 minutes runtime.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  7. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  8. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    9/10. Chopper was funny as **** in this episode.

9. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    5/10

No tension through the course of "danger" for the crew. The depth of Hera being revealed more and more is becoming the only reason I keep watching. Pissed off Hera is pretty cool. And Hers is the only reason I gave this a 5.

10. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    *note* I quoted this not because of what you said, but because I just had a thought.

I think us as forum posters, rabid fans of the Star Wars Universe, and viewers lose some of the intended danger from the episode and tension that they want us as viewers to have because we end up having a pretty good idea of what is going to happen since we follow the production of the show so closely.

11. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    3/10 for Chopper, everything else falls flat.

First off the Empire is wandering the streets looking for the Rebels.........But fail to look on the roof tops where the Rebels have attacked them from a bunch of times before. Then they do the Ewok/Chewie thing with the Chicken Walker, except it has even less sense than in ROTJ. Apparently the Empire doesn't lock their doors.......

I don't get Tarkin either. He seems obsessed with this "Kanan is not a real Jedi" thing, even in private with the Inquisitor. Who is he trying to fool other than himself? The Empire would have had records of every Jedi serving in the Republic, with the Padawan's(which Kanan was) having held a rank of Commander in the former Grand Army. That aspect of Tarkin's character is wonky.

I wrote it off in the last episode as spin for the masses, but when he isn't in public there would be no need to maintain the charade. Thus it is clearly just lame writing.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  12. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't think it is a charade. Tarkin doesn't even seem to care if Kannan's really a Jedi. He's merely intrigued with an upstart troublemaker. I thought that was fun. Wilhuff is no fool. :p

13. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Then they should write him better.

14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Solid episode even though it was definitely a step down from the previous one which was almost excellent by Rebels standards. This one nicely continued the story and had the gang trying their hardest to find and rescue Kanan without even getting there which was nice (since to rush it wouldn't have been right); it had a number of good and interesting scenes (Hera talking with the mysterious Fulcrum who tells her to abort the rescue mission & the interrogation of Kanan), some nice action (opening walker scene & the space battle against the cruiser towards the end) & a good conflict between Ezra, who's willing to defy Hera to find Kanan, and Hera herself, who really shows her angry mother side here towards him for his disobedience (somewhat understandably) but then coming to understand and go on with the information he got (showing some humanity and that it would be wrong to just leave Kanan, their friend, to suffering and death; if she hadn't swayed from what Fulcrum told her, it wouldn't have rung true with her established caring characterization so I liked that she went along with the plan).

I really liked that Vizago got involved here quite a bit, giving some info to Ezra about the Imperial droid couriers in exchange for getting to know that both Kanan and Ezra are Jedi (and since I doubt Vizago will keep quiet about it, I wonder if it will come back to them in the blubber later on) & I enjoyed the captured courier droid , as timid and nice as it seemed, actually intergrating into the crew quite well, even befriending Zeb to some extent; I kinda wish that the new droid would have stayed with the gang since it brought a nice change to the team's dynamic (and it would have been cool with a new member), but of course, Chopper, who had just come back from his undercover mission, had to be an jelaous a** and push him out of the ship (I was thinking "You guys better close that hatch quickly" during that scene); gotta keep that status quo (however, despite Chopper doing that, I did like seeing that he is missing Kanan). Speaking of the abeformentioned interrogation scene in which Kanan gets tortured both physically and mentally, it perfectly added a sinister tone to the episode (and actually depicting the electro torture on screen shows that Rebels definitely has matured; TCW didn't have a scene like that until Season 2).

So all in all, a very good and quite fun, albeit not great, episode; is it something of a transport road to the next one (in which they will apparently have to go to Mustafar to get Kanan)? Maybe so, but in that case it as a good transport road which I really enjoyed. Bring on the next episode which seems to be an interesting one.

8/10

15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    6/10

Positive:
    -Chopper. Enough said
    -Nice to see Hera choosing duty over personal feelings even if it hurts. Her anger at Ezra for nearly jeopardizing the mission was great, it changes for once.

Neutral:
    -Vizago scene.I find his "surprise" over Ezra's power and him and Kanan being Jedi was neither good or bad.It is just kind of here.

Negative:
    -The "mystery" of Fulcrum's identity is starting to become tiresome.
    -I still don't know how Lothal's people is going to be on their side when the crew is creative havoc all over the city and they don't seem to care all that much about all those people running around.It kind of invalidate the message of the last episode.
    -In the torture scene, I could be wrong but I saw the inquisitor having a split second of hesitation. Seems like he is starting to have a change of heart.Just for this reason, I want him to die in the finale episode for his multiple failures so it doesn't happen.

16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    This is just my own interpretation, but I thought that it was perhaps a matter of not wanting things in the Outer Rim to escalate. Kallus and the Inquisitor failed to deal with the Jedi, which brought Tarkin into the picture. The last thing he wants is that news to pass up to the Emperor and make himself look like he is failing, and he doesn't want news reaching the public, because the Jedi are a symbol of defiance to the regime.

So I thought it was more a semantic issue that he doesn't want any more references to a Jedi because of the connotation of that word. That both in public and private, Kanan is not to be referred to as a Jedi in any kind of official capacity. The thing that made me feel this way is when Tarkin seems to go out of his way to say "They [the Jedi] died. Every last one of them. So you see, this person cannot be what he claims to be." He doesn't say "he can't be a Jedi," he seems to go out of his way to avoid using the word Jedi, even in the context of saying that Kanan isn't a Jedi, he still avoids the word.

I've worked in places where my bosses have had that kind of attitude. Like at a zoo where if a death needed to be called on a radio, you would say "we have a disposition [insert animal]." You would not say "death." And while that made sense because there was a risk of the public hearing, even in private if I referred to an animal as having died, they would continue the conversation on their end by referring to the "disposition."

Maybe that kind of experience made it easier for me to relate to. That anytime someone says Jedi, Tarkin is there to deny any involvement of a Jedi, even though I'm sure he's perfectly aware of what Kanan is, since he makes a point of making a sarcastic remark to the Inquisitor about his failure to have dealt with the Jedi, and obviously feels that Kanan needs to go to Mustafar "where Jedi go to die."

At any rate, it makes just as much sense as Bruce Wayne using his Batman voice to Lucius while in costume, even when they are in private and Lucius knows full well who Batman is.

Jedi Knight Fett and pepoluan like this.
  17. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    7/10 Decent set-up episode for the Finale.

18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    9/10 from me, can't wait for the finale!

19. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Was rewatching this again, and when travelling through the atmosphere you could see a bit of a sonic boom forming at the front of the Ghost. Nice touch IMO.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 9/10. It's been awhile in the making, but I'm glad that the last few episodes of the season are really picking up the slack; each leaving off with a cliffhanger to get you excited for the next episode. Looking forward to the finale.

21. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Wut?

Note that he has no problem saying the "Jedi" in A New Hope, or even in this episode as you mentioned when speaking to the Inquisitor.

Yeah, this. It makes as much sense as something that makes no sense :p

22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    When does Tarkin mention Jedi except to dispute Vader's claim that Obi-Wan is aboard? He is in denial about the possibility that Obi-Wan is aboard, since he believes the Jedi to be extinct. It's no different than in this episode. There are reports of a Jedi causing problems on Lothal, and he insists the Jedi are dead and that it's not possible, because they are all dead. In both cases, he also says "if" alot. when Vader insists that Obi-Wan is aboard, Tarkin yields and says that IF that's true, he can't be allowed to escape. In Rebels, he still speaks in IFs (e.g. "IF he is the Jedi that he claims to be").

The Tarkin novel also states that as of five years after ROTS, the Jedi have all but been wiped out. So 10 years further beyond that, and encountering a Jedi might be all but unheard of. As Tarkin states, there are many would-be resistance movements. And he hears of one on Lothal that everyone is failing at suppressing, with Maketh Tua even saying "it's been said that their leader is a Jedi."

It probably comes across as rumors and excuses to Tarkin. And when Tarkin asks her if she's ever met one, she says no; and when he asks her what happened to them, she begins to speak of rumors. So Tarkin pretty much shoots down her credibility as being one to identify a Jedi.

But in Call to Action, when speaking with the Commandant and Taskmaster, he does say that the Lothal cell, while not being violent, represents a threat because of "the Jedi." And in private later in that same episode, he tells the Inquisitor "I want this Jedi, alive."

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    @ Robimus

Tarkin is just eyecandy in this episode imo. He doesn't seem to have any reason to be there.

Robimus likes this.
  24. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    7/10

Nice simple plot and good action but went by way too fast.