main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode: 105 "Rookies"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Apr 28, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode: 105 "Rookies"

Poll closed Apr 28, 2011.
  1. 10

63.2%
  2. 9

23.7%
  3. 8

10.5%
  4. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.6%
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I give it a solid 8. I really liked the episode. Good action, nice look at the war from the clones' perspective. I just wish I could tell the clones apart more easily :(

2. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Pay attention to the personality, armor deco, and voices (Dee Bradley Baker is awesome). That's what I do. ;)

3. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I can't tell voices apart; I'm not good with that. I've figured out that the one without hair is Rex and the one with the handprint on his breastplate is Echo, and I could tell by the end of the episode that the one with the little visor thing was Cody.

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Not bad for a first-timer.:) I'd only say it picks up the pace from here on in so I hope you're a fast learner.:p

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Thanks :) I'll try to keep up 8-}

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    That voice thing was so farfetched really Dee Bradley sounds always Dee Bradley no matter if he is clone or not -so telling clones apart is simply impossible because we can hardly hear difference between clones and those... 76 background characters same actor voiced[face_laugh]

in Rookies you can tell Echo apart from handprint and visorthing he has in his helmet- Hevy has that big rotary gun nearly all the time and he is the aggressive one while Echo is talking about orders- Fives is that one guy who survives he has not a big gun but standard rifle and number 5 tattooed to his head- and tattoo in his chin too i think- nothing in his armor though.....Cutup was standard guy eaten by an eel....

Rex actually has hair but very short blonde one- he has little Harrison Ford-inspired scar in his lower lip and his armor is heavily modified- very noticeable blue markings of the 501st- mandalorian "Jaig eyes" pictured to his helmet, Kama (skirt) and pauldron.... usually he uses two little pistols in combat he is that Anakin and Ahsoka's companion....

Cody has orange patterns of 212nd battalion- visorthingy and orange stripe in his helmet- he also has nasty scar in his face while he has standard non-colored hair- he is that Obi-Wan's standard companion -same guy we saw in ROTS you know....

hope that helps in identification[face_peace]

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Tattoo on his chin? It's a beard Swash!:oops:[face_laugh]

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Haha yeah i messed that up- it's Hardcase who has chintattoo while Fives has just a beard- sorry my mistake[face_blush] but I said i wasn't sure- i knew someone had chin tattoo and Fives has something on his chin:p

9. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    It is Hevy who has a tattoo around his jawbone.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Oh yes but Hardcase also has tattoos.... anyway never really paid enough attention so sorry about messing up- Fives has unshaved chin and 5 tattooed to his forehead while Hevy has that Jawtattoo ok... Hardcase was in Deserter- not in this- so better not to talk about him if someone has problems even identifying Cody out of others:p hey that's not even bad- my mum cannot even tell clones apart from droids not even to mention if we add stormtroopers there and phase 1 and 2 clones[face_laugh]

btw who is that guy who is shocked by commandos as a first clone to fall- is he Droidbait or just some random clone?

11. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    9/10 - great episode, seeing an episode focused primarily on the clones was a lot of fun.

Favourite part of the episode: trying to trick the droids into opening the door by dangling the droid head; one of the clones (forget who) facepalms and groans "this will never work". [face_laugh]

12. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Has anybody spotted, by re-seeing the episode, that the GA-radio-announcer did send out greetings to the mud-troopers at Mimban, who are portrayed ten years later in the SOLO movie?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Woah. Good spot.