main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 107: Duel of the Droids

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, May 5, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode: 107: Duel of Droids

Poll closed May 5, 2011.
  1. 10

13.8%
  2. 9

13.8%
  3. 8

24.1%
  4. 7

31.0%
  5. 6

3.4%
  6. 5

6.9%
  7. 4

3.4%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

3.4%
  1. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    =D=

2. 0deromance

0deromance Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2011
    Ahsoka saved Rex in this episode,Anakin saved Obiwan in AOTC.Did anybody notice the similarity?
    ?_?

3. 0deromance

0deromance Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2011
    The image is here:
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100419153729/starwars/images/f/ff/AhsokaSavesRex-DotD.jpg

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh yeah.[face_thinking] That is a very interesting parallel. Though whether it means anything is still uncertain.

5. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Ended up giving it an 8.

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I gave it a 7. Highlights are Grievous fighting Ahsoka in the dark room and popping out of no where (most micro-series-Grievous-esque moment of the series so far in my opinion) and holy crap can't believe no one mentioned this them playing the music from when you finished a mission in Rogue Squadron when the mission ended. Drawbacks are more techno music and the R2 versus R3 fight.

7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'll get around to a more detailed take later. The only thing I really didn't like was Grievous vs Ahsoka.

8/10

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    WOW didn't notice that need to rewatch- awesome....

9. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I noticed something of the sort, but thought I was imagining it.

10. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I would give this episode a 7.5/10. While it wasn't perfect it was definitely an improvement over the previous episode.

I liked that Grievous back stabs Gha and then says the totally awesome line "There's your bonus." Seriously we need more moments like this with Grievous in this show.

The fight between Artoo and R3 was amusing.

I liked how Grievous lifted Ahsoka in the air with the Force as well, as it once again showed how ruthless he can be, and I liked how Grievous was hunting around for Ahsoka and Ahsoka was hiding from him.

But I'm lowering the score mainly because of the duel between Ahsoka and Grievous. Although I don't think that she's a Mary Sue or anything I did find it a bit unfair that she could hold her own so well against the General.

11. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    She held her own? That's one interpretation. In my opinion she was quickly forced to go on the defensive, then run.

Also, Grievous lifting Ahsoka in the air with the Force? :confused:

12. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    True she was overpowered in the beginning soon enough, but she was able to hold her own for a minute or two after-wards, particularly when she was protecting Rex and when she escaped from Grievous.

But you're right she didn't last long against him overall.

If it makes you feel any better Humble I didn't care when she beat the crap out of the Guards in the Academy episode. I know I mentioned this before but it doesn't hurt to mention it again.

Sorry I meant he lifts her with one of his hands not the Force. My mistake. [face_blush] I'll admit that it was late where I lived when I posted in this thread yesterday and I was feeling a little too lazy to double-check on that. :p

Still though whether he lifted Ahsoka with the Force or with just his hands it still managed to show the ruthless side of Grievous.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, my jaw dropped the first time I watched the end of this episode for that reason. Easily one of my favorite music choices in all of TCW. And this was in the beginning of the series when he closed every episode with Williams music, so the standards were even higher. I REALLY wish he'd start doing that again. [face_praying]