main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 108: Bombad Jedi

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, May 9, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode 108: Bombad Jedi

Poll closed May 9, 2011.
  1. 10

17.1%
  2. 9

8.6%
  3. 8

8.6%
  4. 7

17.1%
  5. 6

8.6%
  6. 5

11.4%
  7. 4

8.6%
  8. 3

5.7%
  9. 2

5.7%
  10. 1

8.6%
  1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    One is the loneliest number.

P.S. Apparently not really, I can't believe I'm the only one who gave this a one (not counting our unfortunate "silent one" troll). Although the lyrics still make sense, just in a different way. :p

2. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Gave it a 5. The setting looks pretty nice, I remember at the time this being one of the episodes that was impressive visually for me, but the story was just "Ughh *groan*." They took potential with Padme going to talk to a possible defecting system and then it turned into "Let's make Padme a damsel in distress." Not to mention the end when Padme says "Why don't you tell Viceroy Gunray that you never really intended to join the CIS, blah blah blah." No, it looked to me like he sold you up the river until you escaped. I did not get the feeling it was all a ploy to capture Gunray, so if it was I feel the it was poorly executed by the writers to show that.

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Her line that referencing I felt was clearly not meant to be taken literally, but Padme's final effort to get the Rodian Senator to switch sides again back to the Republic (while tricking Gunray).

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yes of course Ono was about to join but Padmé knew she has a chance to change his mind and tricked Gunray- that was obvious....

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I accidentally left out a word in that post so if you're confused just read the post above mine.

6. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I gave this a 5 in my sweep ratings... mainly because I was so disappointed by it when it first aired. At the time I really wanted to see SRS BSNS in this series, not light-hearted funny stuff. However, I thought the Jar Jar posing as a Jedi thing was really cool, and this time around I didn't mind the episode as much as I did the first time.

Padme Croft was over the top, but overall it was nice. Certainly not the best episode ever, but fun.

7/10

(+2!)

7. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    This was the first episode of TCW that really felt perfect in my opinion.

The settings on Rodia were beautiful and the story was solid.

It was the first appearances of both Nute Gunray and Jar Jar Binks, two of my favorite PT characters.

I liked the interaction between Jar Jar and C-3PO, it felt natural and the comic relief didn't feel forced.

10/10

8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    7/10
    Jar Jar comes across much, much better in this episode than he ever did in any of the films...perhaps due to the animated nature of TCW. I found most of his antics to be quite humorous, although perhaps some of them were too ridiculous.

The swamp creature saving the day was too far-fetched.
    Some of the droid humor was over-the-top even for the standards of droid humor.

9. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    This is probably one of my favorite episodes. I love Jar Jar and Padme as main characters.

10. Lowly Gungan

Lowly Gungan Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 11, 2022
    The interactions between Jar Jar and Threepio were excellent. I loved the two comedy characters.

whostheBossk likes this.